My feelings on the new design are somewhat indifferent, but three things did stand out for me:
- In recent years it seemed as though the show had become nothing more than a parade of celebrities, so dropping the number of presenters has, in my opinion, made the show much easier to follow and put the emphasis back where it belongs: on the award nominees.
- The 'In Memoriam' section was unwatchable. With the camera constantly moving, and many of the names illegible, it seemed almost disrespectful to those being honoured. (I was saddened to hear that Roy Scheider had died during the last year. I'd somehow missed that news.)
- The final montage for each of the films nominated for Best Picture was certainly creative, with related clips from other movies mixed in with footage from the nominated film, but I hope this was a once-off because I believe the emphasis should be on this year's nominees, not every movie that has ever gone before.
So what did you all think about the Oscars' new look?
No comments:
Post a Comment