Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another week...playing catch-up

Another week goes by and I am slacking as a blogger! These New Years resolutions are not working out so well! being sick, and then catching up in work because of being sick as really affected my kick off to 2011.


But instead...for me...I am kicking off the New Year with 1-1-11!

A little recap of my last few days of life...

I work as a Wedding Planner part-time during "Wedding Season" aka...May-Oct. I have been working with the same women for about 8 years now. I mainly contribute for Day-Of coordination, and some prep work typically that comes up the week of the wedding. It is hard work, but I love it. Who doesn't love a good wedding right? And the weddings that I work on are nothing shabby whatsoever. We are talking flower budgets that are higher than the cost of my condo. They are decadent, gorgeous, detail-filled weddings that are planned and run by a top notch Wedding Coordinator. And I love every moment of experiencing them!

This year for the holidays we all went out to dinner to celebrate the New Year. There are only 5 of us that work the weddings consistently, with an intern coming and going here and there. A small group of wedding loving ladies, with champagne and wine for a beyond delicious dinner at the Four Seasons in Boston. It is actually a site where I have worked a hand-ful of weddings myself. The food there is delicious, the service is impeccable, and the hotel is just beautiful.

Tonight I am heading to the opening of the Bridal Lounge on Newbury Street in Boston. There are only a handful of other versions of this in the US. One is LA and another in NYC. A few other big cities have them too. But they are a great resource for brides to be in the area. A friendly open environment for couples to come in and get information of certain vendors and whatnot. I have heard great things about the space, and the pictures I have seen look beautiful so I am looking forward to checking it out in person! Here is a link to the an aticle about it, and also to the site itself. The Bridal Lounge was also featured on Chronicle last week too while we were dining at the Four Seasons!


I have many purchases to blog about as well. Products and clothes as usual! And the Bachelor was on last night. I am still watching...not loving it...but still watching. No "have to have" outfits either. I did really like the statement necklace worn by Michelle, it was large turquoise teardrops. I will have to check my beloved Possessionista blog to figure out where to buy what! She always has the scoop on who is wearing what! I still have to watch my new favorite show Pretty Little Liars. It was waiting for me on my DVR at home! Oh, and Gossip Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment