But can I tell you what totally lifted my spirits this week....when my Mom texted me to remind me that the new season of the Bachelor was starting Monday night! Even though I am not a fan of Brad Womack whatsoever, and I think it is a waste of a season to watch him all over, I was still excited that one of my favorite shows were back on. That is how you know I am really feeling under the weather...I completely forgot this was starting back up this week!
Anyway, I watched the whole episode and as expected I was not that impressed. Not that impressed with the girls, their dresses, or with Brad trying to redeem himself. All he kept talking about what going to therapy for 3 years, there was one girl that slapped him on "behalf of America", and another one who thinks she is a vampire and actually has fangs. Yes, you read that correctly, FANGS! I mean I am a huge fan of Twilight, and I have blogged about Vampire Diaries in the past....but don't you think this is taking the new vampire obsession to a whole new creepy level? I mean he gave her a rose (which is absurd to begin with) and when she hugged him she fake bite his neck. EWW! Can I take that rose back please? Well...at least it will lead to some bizarre interest in this season. Check out vamp-girl, Madison if you have not watched the show yet. Creepy! On to more eventful stuff....
The season looks very medicore. The girls are kind of blah, in my opinion. Some crazy, some really pretty, but mostly kind of just OK. But it is still the beginning, once we get to know them more we will have some favorites, right? There is a girl from Boston, so I have to root for my hometown here!
It seems like in this season there are a hand full of girls that resemble previous Bachelorettes. Maybe this is because there have just been too many seasons of this show? Or maybe this casting was done intentionally. I guess we will never know...but here is the run down of the "who is who" of this season. (all in my own personal opinion of course). These are the one's who stick out in my mind from last night episode.
Michelle (from the current season) and Elizabeth (from Jake's season and Bachelor Pad)
Looks and personality seem similar to me.
Michelle (from Jake's season) Sarah (from this season) ...she is already pushing the marriage thing.
Ashley S and Emily (from current season) both together remind me a bit of Tenley (from Jake's season, LOVED her!)

Even though it just started I do have some immediate favorites. Let's see how much we like these girls as the
season goes on. Favorites so far are
Ashley S

Emily

And Lindsay (pic left)...didn't hear much from her last night but I thought she was so pretty!
That is all I have for now! I will faithfully watch the entire season as I always do regardless of how good of awful it may be! Let me know who else is watching out there!
Photos taken from abc.com, home of The Bachelor





No comments:
Post a Comment