Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Ramblings...and Black Swan

Happy Monday!

Another weekend gone by! But a good one none the less.

This weekend the hubby and I had a date night, that included some Italian food, and the movie Black Swan. Both were fabulous! Black Swan was as weird as I intended it to be, and I loved it. I am really loving Natalie Portman lately and she made this movie. It left us thinking, and talking about it long after we left the theater. Physiological thrillers are a nice alternative to the typical chick flick I drag the hubby to see. I can see why some might not like this movie, just since it was weird...dark....and just plain confusing. Not many questions were answered as the movie ended....but you could make your own determination of what the meaning behind each scene was. It is a definite movie to purchase when it comes out on Blu Ray.  I wish this movie was based on a book, because that is what I would be reading right now! I encourage everyone to see it, it;s different,and brilliant. There is a reason Natalie Portman is winning all kinds of awards for this film.

The ballet fashion in this movie was superb. The film made you want to be a ballerina (despite all of its negative aspects), and it made you want to dress like one.









Other than our date night, the weekend was pretty low key. We just hung around, got some cleaning and laundry done. It is always a good time when we are just hanging at home together. It is our sanctuary and we love it!

But my mood was a little off come Sunday afternoon. I don't know if it was the stress of the work week starting since last week was crazy? Or the lack of errands and chores that got done. I can't put my finger on the reason...but that tensed up, stressed out, totally overwhelmed feeling was coming on strong, and I couldn't fight it. 

Do you ever feel like there is just no time? No time to do the things you have to do, let alone the things you want to do? This stresses me out. My endless to-do list causes lost sleep, and my pacing mind causes me to not be able to focus when I actually do sit down and try to get something done. Some days I just sit back and say to myself "what is wrong with me".

Today my weird mood from yesterday is somewhat spilling over, but I can feel it slowly departing. It's taking its time leaving, but at least it is inching away a tiny bit. 

I promise for a more upbeat positive post for tomorrow, but today is just plain old blah over here. And yesterday...well you would not have wanted to hear from me. I even yelled at my dog...TWICE! I never yell at him, and both times I felt awful...but him following me around to the point of tripping me twice was not good yesterday. When I get home today I will give him and big hug and hope we can make up.

As for the remainder of the week....it looks like we should be getting 4000 more feet of snow over the course of 2 days. I refuse to even look at the weather because I am totally over the snow! I will leave you with this....exactly where I want to be right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment