
shadowfax0
Sep 15, 04:00 PM
I have a dual 450, and I play WCIII all the time, if anything, it's faster than my friends Athlon 2100+. I notice no choppiness and my computer is 3 years old. I have 2x AGP and PC100 RAM, and my computer is still fast, not fastest, but I have a fast computer, no doubt about it. And one other thing, yeah my friend might be able to say, crunch more SETI blocks, but as for actual usefullness, I do week-long calculations in Mathematica for my patent (when I can give up WCIII :) But they're a week long, because they're a week long, not because the computer is slow, it would still take a fast computer 4 days to do) and can still USE my computer while it's calculating. So as it doing that I can still check my mail or come here once in a while, without having to worry about jeopordizing my calculation.
ZilogZ80
Mar 14, 09:02 AM
I'm picking up a g4 mini in the next couple of days that has been completely wiped clean.
I don't have any sort of monitor at home and was looking at hooking it up to my Panasonic plasma to set it up from scratch using a DVI - HDMI cable.
Will I actually be able to see anythiing without having an OS already installed or is it going to be a pointless exercise?
Should be fine, the plasma should behave just like any normal monitor. Although I use the VGA input of my Panny plasma to avoid HDMI handshake issues so that is always an option.
I don't have any sort of monitor at home and was looking at hooking it up to my Panasonic plasma to set it up from scratch using a DVI - HDMI cable.
Will I actually be able to see anythiing without having an OS already installed or is it going to be a pointless exercise?
Should be fine, the plasma should behave just like any normal monitor. Although I use the VGA input of my Panny plasma to avoid HDMI handshake issues so that is always an option.
wolfshades
Nov 6, 11:17 AM
Big evil retail conglomerate:
*ahem* Marco....
Equally evil RFID-enabled iPhone in my pocket:
OMG!!! Freaking POLO!!!!! RIGHT OVER HERE!!!!
*ahem* Marco....
Equally evil RFID-enabled iPhone in my pocket:
OMG!!! Freaking POLO!!!!! RIGHT OVER HERE!!!!
radiohead14
Apr 20, 02:09 PM
Why do you guys assume Nvidia cannot make graphic cards for Sandy Bridge? Have you seen Dell's Alienware laptop line? They have the new processors and also are using Nvidia graphics card.
but those are dedicated GPUs not integrated
but those are dedicated GPUs not integrated
more...
miles01110
Mar 24, 07:37 AM
So wants stopping apple from added drivers to osx to run on what ever hardware that the army has?
Apple, mainly. They are extremely stubborn about what hardware their software runs on.
Or letting them have custom systems or having the use dells / hp / who ever with mac os x?
OS X officially does not run on non-Apple hardware.
The Government, I mean serious government, with big purchasing power gets great deals on Mac's better than you think and competitive to the high end systems you might get from Dell etc
Doesn't matter, Dell's (or whoever's) deal is going to be better. Not to mention by buying a Windows machine they don't have to provide additional tech support, buy any new software, or integrate it into existing networks. Plus Dell/Windows machine makers already have a well-established relationship with the military that goes back decades.
Apple, mainly. They are extremely stubborn about what hardware their software runs on.
Or letting them have custom systems or having the use dells / hp / who ever with mac os x?
OS X officially does not run on non-Apple hardware.
The Government, I mean serious government, with big purchasing power gets great deals on Mac's better than you think and competitive to the high end systems you might get from Dell etc
Doesn't matter, Dell's (or whoever's) deal is going to be better. Not to mention by buying a Windows machine they don't have to provide additional tech support, buy any new software, or integrate it into existing networks. Plus Dell/Windows machine makers already have a well-established relationship with the military that goes back decades.
madforrit
Jul 12, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone,
I have a need for short term DVD burning capabilities and don't have the luxury of waiting until my G5 ships in August or September.
A certain distributor is selling internal Pioneer Superdrives (05) for $179, but that's BARE, meaning no software/instructions. It fits the budget perfectly in terms of a short term DVD burning solution, but my question is how difficult will it be to install this thing and get my mac to recognize it? (Software isn't as much of an issue -- I'll have DVDSP) I'm no stranger to opening up my tower (to install memory, HD's), but I'm no expert either.
My computer this drive would be going into is a G4 450 (AGP). Both bays are full, one with a DVDROM and the other with a zip (I assume I'd be removing the DVDROM).
Any help/tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
--mad:mad:
I have a need for short term DVD burning capabilities and don't have the luxury of waiting until my G5 ships in August or September.
A certain distributor is selling internal Pioneer Superdrives (05) for $179, but that's BARE, meaning no software/instructions. It fits the budget perfectly in terms of a short term DVD burning solution, but my question is how difficult will it be to install this thing and get my mac to recognize it? (Software isn't as much of an issue -- I'll have DVDSP) I'm no stranger to opening up my tower (to install memory, HD's), but I'm no expert either.
My computer this drive would be going into is a G4 450 (AGP). Both bays are full, one with a DVDROM and the other with a zip (I assume I'd be removing the DVDROM).
Any help/tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
--mad:mad:
more...

DiamondMac
Apr 1, 10:41 AM
Good for TWC for continuing to go on but with the channels allowing them.
If the group of people want to stay out, let them stay out.
I like several of the channels still be offered and I suspect TWC continuing to add more and more will eventually catch a nice niche if not much more.
If the group of people want to stay out, let them stay out.
I like several of the channels still be offered and I suspect TWC continuing to add more and more will eventually catch a nice niche if not much more.
bigandy
Nov 21, 04:17 PM
That sounds pretty cool - if it could be harnessed to charge from the heat developed by a processor, RAM, or even the battery itself... :)
more...
~Shard~
Dec 6, 02:25 PM
I didn't know that. That's kinda cool!
Yep - just another one of those little things which make Macs so cool. ;) :cool:
Yep - just another one of those little things which make Macs so cool. ;) :cool:

torbjoern
Apr 28, 10:35 AM
In CT we are taxed I believe 50 cents on every gallon. The problem is that as gas prices rise people buy less of it and the taxes dry up.
3.00�3.50 USD per gallon (only in taxes!) would be more appropriate, don't you think? :D
No-one's going to tell me that petrol is expensive in the U.S.
3.00�3.50 USD per gallon (only in taxes!) would be more appropriate, don't you think? :D
No-one's going to tell me that petrol is expensive in the U.S.
more...
citizenzen
Apr 9, 08:45 PM
PP offers a too easy fix to people's indiscretion
I'd welcome your examination of the PP that backs your assertion.
I'd welcome your examination of the PP that backs your assertion.
sjo
Apr 17, 12:15 PM
Speaking of morons, you definitely appear to be one.
I used to have a couple of WinMo phones before my iPhones, and WinMo is fully customizable. MS is not trying to lock it with every minor upgrade, and there are whole open communities cooking customized ROMs.
They are moving quickly into that direction with windows phone 7 and kin.
I used to have a couple of WinMo phones before my iPhones, and WinMo is fully customizable. MS is not trying to lock it with every minor upgrade, and there are whole open communities cooking customized ROMs.
They are moving quickly into that direction with windows phone 7 and kin.
more...
Suprami X
Nov 11, 07:43 PM
They should have blown the budget and got Beat Takeshi or Sunny Chiba as the PC and later Chiaki Kuriyama could come in as the girl.
And then Godzilla somehow.
Damn I love Japanese cinema.
And then Godzilla somehow.
Damn I love Japanese cinema.
Erased Citizen
Sep 25, 10:15 AM
Did they really need a media event for such a small update?
suggesting possible pro hardware updates are still to come...
suggesting possible pro hardware updates are still to come...
more...
CaptMurdock
Apr 23, 11:43 AM
... free everything and someone to teach us how to wipe our butts. We have this weird vision for American where everything should be an incentive to be responsible.
anything else promotes irresponsibility
How about you help get the Morality Police off our backs first and then we'll talk about the "incentive to be responsible"? I have a job, I take care of my family, I pay my bills, I'm not slicing co-eds' throats in the middle of the night, I'm not selling guns to Middle Eastern nutballs -- so at what point does the Holier-Than-Me crowd take me off its speed-dial? They say it's all about Personal Responsibility and yet when I achieve my Decent Member Of Society Merit Badge, they're still telling me how to live, and more to the point, what my wife does with her body.
anything else promotes irresponsibility
How about you help get the Morality Police off our backs first and then we'll talk about the "incentive to be responsible"? I have a job, I take care of my family, I pay my bills, I'm not slicing co-eds' throats in the middle of the night, I'm not selling guns to Middle Eastern nutballs -- so at what point does the Holier-Than-Me crowd take me off its speed-dial? They say it's all about Personal Responsibility and yet when I achieve my Decent Member Of Society Merit Badge, they're still telling me how to live, and more to the point, what my wife does with her body.
Neuro
Apr 2, 07:02 PM
I hate the fact Pages always defaults to US English spelling. There seems to be no permanent way to switch to UK English! Arrrgh. No offence to Americans, but there are other people in the world.
more...

abhishekit
Feb 16, 10:44 PM
On Macs the whole application is contained in that application icon that you see. Most of the cases there are no support files, there would be one small preference file (about 4kb, to store your user settings for that app) in ~/library/preferences. You can delete that or keep it if you think you would download the same app again sometime.
Sometimes, there would be an additional folder with the name of the app containing a small file (4 kb), in your ~/library/application support. So you can check there too.
cheers
Sometimes, there would be an additional folder with the name of the app containing a small file (4 kb), in your ~/library/application support. So you can check there too.
cheers
redeye be
May 27, 07:06 PM
I just uploaded version 0.4b. (see first post)
You can now see more data (if you wish) on your and team efforts.
I don't like how it looks now - the big version, that will be addressed later. When I redesign it, i will also leave out the 'title' (FoldingTracker), it's not really needed and leaving it out would make it smaller.
Thx for all the feedback so far chaps.
You can now see more data (if you wish) on your and team efforts.
I don't like how it looks now - the big version, that will be addressed later. When I redesign it, i will also leave out the 'title' (FoldingTracker), it's not really needed and leaving it out would make it smaller.
Thx for all the feedback so far chaps.

peacenfunk
Apr 5, 10:55 AM
Even though this is most likely faked no one can be 100% sure, do you think they would drop the 8gb and go with 32gb, 64gb and 128gb as the models?
nagromme
Mar 13, 12:16 PM
My AT&T 4G (not yet running 4.3—I like to be a late adopter of big updates from any company) changed times automatically in the night, and my alarm went off as it should.
yg17
Sep 24, 06:30 PM
I got the STM Rebound sleeve, and it seems like a very protective sleeve.
Silentwave
Oct 16, 08:20 PM
at the rate i'm going, it'll be out and i'll have one before my replacemet samsung comes in.....
PowerFullMac
Oct 25, 10:56 AM
I'll be there, either at five-ish or four. Are there going to be more than five hundred people queuing before opening? Given the number of online orders, I don't know...
Synchro, I was there too! Got there about 5:45am thanks to the reliability of this country's transport system when no-one's using it (:P) and the queue was mind-bogglingly huge then. I got a t-shirt then, though! :D
I need to pick up not one, but two (honesty to the extreme) Leopard family packs � does anyone think Apple will take pity on me and give me two shirts (one for the person I'm buying a family pack for)?
What did the t-shirt say? I got one that says :apple: Staff :D:D:D
Synchro, I was there too! Got there about 5:45am thanks to the reliability of this country's transport system when no-one's using it (:P) and the queue was mind-bogglingly huge then. I got a t-shirt then, though! :D
I need to pick up not one, but two (honesty to the extreme) Leopard family packs � does anyone think Apple will take pity on me and give me two shirts (one for the person I'm buying a family pack for)?
What did the t-shirt say? I got one that says :apple: Staff :D:D:D
spydr
Jun 18, 09:21 PM
Any benchmarks on read/write speeds with these �ber SD cards?
No comments:
Post a Comment