san3297
11-10 01:52 PM
Anyone came across this scenario...
wallpaper Freddy the Fish
Berkeleybee
05-18 08:13 PM
Good job! However, like I and some other people on this forum have mentioned before, there is the need to de-emphasize our course as an Indian course. We know the majority of people in the GC process are of Indian or Chinese origin but we should recognize we need an all-inclusive approach to this struggle.
I clicked on the link and the headline read "Indian immigrants in US raise voices" While I understand that this might have come from the reporters who put togther the news, it is important that the members of IV at the forefront of this campaign and indeed all members on this forum, portray our course as as a high-skilled immigrant course and NOT an Indian or Chinese course.
Just something to think about!
Alabaman,
We have repeatedly stressed the fact that our members are from all over the place. That we represent not only our members but the over 500,000 EB applicants from all over the world who are stuck in the process. On the other hand we cannot always control the spin that individual news organizations choose -- this CNN-IBN covers Indian issues and chose to characterize us that way.
There were Chinese members who attended our DC event, but this reporter didn't film them! Sucks.
See what I said earlier many times, including here:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=9897&postcount=55
Franklin,
We have members from all over the world. And as far as EB-3 is concerned the entire category retrogressed -- all countries. We feel that this is a problem that affects all highly skilled workers.
One thing to remember is that reporters take snippets from hours of interviews, and then their editors edit the article down further.
best,
Berkeleybee
I clicked on the link and the headline read "Indian immigrants in US raise voices" While I understand that this might have come from the reporters who put togther the news, it is important that the members of IV at the forefront of this campaign and indeed all members on this forum, portray our course as as a high-skilled immigrant course and NOT an Indian or Chinese course.
Just something to think about!
Alabaman,
We have repeatedly stressed the fact that our members are from all over the place. That we represent not only our members but the over 500,000 EB applicants from all over the world who are stuck in the process. On the other hand we cannot always control the spin that individual news organizations choose -- this CNN-IBN covers Indian issues and chose to characterize us that way.
There were Chinese members who attended our DC event, but this reporter didn't film them! Sucks.
See what I said earlier many times, including here:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=9897&postcount=55
Franklin,
We have members from all over the world. And as far as EB-3 is concerned the entire category retrogressed -- all countries. We feel that this is a problem that affects all highly skilled workers.
One thing to remember is that reporters take snippets from hours of interviews, and then their editors edit the article down further.
best,
Berkeleybee
lecter
January 6th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Now I am Jealous......... you guys make it look easy, and I have no clue on how you get the color into the B&W like you do..........................
Simple technique:-
Add a duplicate layer
Desaturate the top layer, make it the shade you like etc etc
select the eraser tool
make sure it's flowing 100% and you're viewing the picture at 100%
erase the area you want coloured and the colour from the bottom layer will come through.
flatten
bingo!!!
Simple technique:-
Add a duplicate layer
Desaturate the top layer, make it the shade you like etc etc
select the eraser tool
make sure it's flowing 100% and you're viewing the picture at 100%
erase the area you want coloured and the colour from the bottom layer will come through.
flatten
bingo!!!
2011 looking cartoon fish.
sumansk
09-26 04:52 PM
Same thing with me.. every time I call they say wait 90 days.Even I tried to tell them that its more than 90 days old that I sent..without luck...
Thanks
Thanks
more...

suriajay12
05-13 07:11 AM
We're all impacted by retrogression and each person comes up with different reasons such as labor substitution or porting from EB3 to EB2 etc. I think that the unemployment rate is a key factor that might be influencing the movement of visa dates. With a double digit unemployment rate for US workers, why will the government want to give green cards to foreign workers.
Even if you get the green card, you could lose your job and apply for unemployment benefits. The US government does not want increase in the numbers of those claiming unemployment benefits or welfare programs. These benefits are not available to workers on temporary visas.Social security and medicare are also going to be tapped out within the next 10-20 years. These factors could have made them influence the USCIS/DOS to roll the dates back and make it U for all EB3 and to past 2000 for EB2 India. EB2 is current for other countries due to low demand.
Until the unemployment rate falls to reasonably low (in their view) levels, they have no inclination to act on immigration reform.
Notwithstanding the DOS explanation for the retrogression, there might be political factors in the background that are not made public.How do we know that this wasn't happening behind the scenes?
Its not unemployment, but swine flu thats responsible for this retrogression mess. They could imagine this flu will strike in 2009 and hence wanted to discourage people to come to US or to adjust status here. They know immigrants travel more than citizens out of country and to Mexico and hence more chance to get that virus to US.
Even if you get the green card, you could lose your job and apply for unemployment benefits. The US government does not want increase in the numbers of those claiming unemployment benefits or welfare programs. These benefits are not available to workers on temporary visas.Social security and medicare are also going to be tapped out within the next 10-20 years. These factors could have made them influence the USCIS/DOS to roll the dates back and make it U for all EB3 and to past 2000 for EB2 India. EB2 is current for other countries due to low demand.
Until the unemployment rate falls to reasonably low (in their view) levels, they have no inclination to act on immigration reform.
Notwithstanding the DOS explanation for the retrogression, there might be political factors in the background that are not made public.How do we know that this wasn't happening behind the scenes?
Its not unemployment, but swine flu thats responsible for this retrogression mess. They could imagine this flu will strike in 2009 and hence wanted to discourage people to come to US or to adjust status here. They know immigrants travel more than citizens out of country and to Mexico and hence more chance to get that virus to US.
sanju_dba
08-30 12:39 PM
I read SKIL bill and it refers to "Exempts U.S.-educated professionals with advanced degrees". I Do not see why an online master degree does not fit in here. Maybe I am missing something :)
This is an excerpt of Section 201.
Section 201. United States Educated Immigrants. Exempts U.S.-educated professionals with advanced degrees and those who have been awarded a medical specialty certification based on post-doctoral training and experience
in the United States from the annual green card (i.e. immigrant visa) cap.
Yea, If(let say) most of the applicants are US-Educated professionals, then its most likely less applicants gets adjusted under VisaCap, so its a good news on either side!
This is an excerpt of Section 201.
Section 201. United States Educated Immigrants. Exempts U.S.-educated professionals with advanced degrees and those who have been awarded a medical specialty certification based on post-doctoral training and experience
in the United States from the annual green card (i.e. immigrant visa) cap.
Yea, If(let say) most of the applicants are US-Educated professionals, then its most likely less applicants gets adjusted under VisaCap, so its a good news on either side!
more...
glus
01-24 09:13 AM
Thks for the response, but what I read on other sites for e.g murthydot.com and some other site in the Internet it is used even for situations where one did not realised their I-94 has expired and thought its not an issue, also for example such as employer forgot to file and its not application mistake as he was not aware about employers miss and etc. So based on a approved LCA one can get H1 approved and even get the unauthorized employment convert it into a valid employment for any period (based on conditions). I'll do more research on this and update this thread.
Meanwhile anyone with any other opinion is welcome here. Thks all
hi there:
One can only work for an H-1B employer for whom H1b petition is approved and is valid. By working for a different employer without filing a transfer of H-1b to the new employer, one falls out of status. Going back to the original employer A would not put such a person back into legal h-1b status at all. Consult an attorney to review your options. However, staying in the U.S. even if you go back to your original employer A, will not repair your out-of-status problem and most likely will count toward being illegally here. The odds are high that the USCIS will notice this sooner or later and you may have a big problem then. Since your visa stamp is till unexpired (I am not sure if it is still valid, even if it is still unexpired), maybe re-entering the U.S. and working for employer A would help, but still you should consult a good immigration attorney to see if that would be OK.
Best Regards,
Meanwhile anyone with any other opinion is welcome here. Thks all
hi there:
One can only work for an H-1B employer for whom H1b petition is approved and is valid. By working for a different employer without filing a transfer of H-1b to the new employer, one falls out of status. Going back to the original employer A would not put such a person back into legal h-1b status at all. Consult an attorney to review your options. However, staying in the U.S. even if you go back to your original employer A, will not repair your out-of-status problem and most likely will count toward being illegally here. The odds are high that the USCIS will notice this sooner or later and you may have a big problem then. Since your visa stamp is till unexpired (I am not sure if it is still valid, even if it is still unexpired), maybe re-entering the U.S. and working for employer A would help, but still you should consult a good immigration attorney to see if that would be OK.
Best Regards,
2010 Big Fish Cartoon
waitnwatch
07-17 08:36 PM
The first part looks like a standard blurb.........The second part is the reply and you should be happy that they have taken cognizance of your situation. Hopefully you'll receive the fingerprinting notice in the mail soon.
Good luck
Good luck
more...
arunmohan
03-06 11:19 PM
I will fax it on Monday.
hair 60 cartoon fish for sale as
kondur_007
03-29 09:12 PM
Thanks you very much for the reply.I appreciate.
Yes, Thats perfectly right.
Extension with Employer A is pending, reason is Security CheckThats what i was told and can't be done any thing untill they get back).
Yeah I am planning to go to India and try to get stamped there. But am just wondering that as the Extension with Employer A is in security check so does this cause any issues/delay in giving Visa in india.
I personally think (I am not a lawyer), the delay with your current employer's (employer A) petition for extension is very likely to be "employer" (who is probably under review) rather than "you". (the reason I believe that is the fact that they approved your H1b with another employer; so if it is security check on "you", that would not have happened.).
So if my assumption is correct, you should not have any trouble in getting visa stamped for "employer B" (new employer, with new H1b approval that you have - the one that came without I94),
Good Luck. (If at all possible, do one consultation with a competent attorney who can review all the facts, trust me, your money will be worth)
Yes, Thats perfectly right.
Extension with Employer A is pending, reason is Security CheckThats what i was told and can't be done any thing untill they get back).
Yeah I am planning to go to India and try to get stamped there. But am just wondering that as the Extension with Employer A is in security check so does this cause any issues/delay in giving Visa in india.
I personally think (I am not a lawyer), the delay with your current employer's (employer A) petition for extension is very likely to be "employer" (who is probably under review) rather than "you". (the reason I believe that is the fact that they approved your H1b with another employer; so if it is security check on "you", that would not have happened.).
So if my assumption is correct, you should not have any trouble in getting visa stamped for "employer B" (new employer, with new H1b approval that you have - the one that came without I94),
Good Luck. (If at all possible, do one consultation with a competent attorney who can review all the facts, trust me, your money will be worth)
more...
InTheMoment
08-10 06:09 PM
This is not a proposal for a new law but regulations by the administration within the bounds of the current law.
My humble suggestion: Please do your homework before voicing your opinion.
guys, this kind of proposals have been raised million times in last 5 years. These guys are passing their time till next election. Nothing is going to happen till next election. So do not build any hopes. None of the proposal is going to be a law before election.
My humble suggestion: Please do your homework before voicing your opinion.
guys, this kind of proposals have been raised million times in last 5 years. These guys are passing their time till next election. Nothing is going to happen till next election. So do not build any hopes. None of the proposal is going to be a law before election.
hot cartoon fish. cartoon fish
cooldude
08-05 11:51 AM
I filed 485 with G28 form and I just got the receipt yesterday.
Details:
I485 - Myselft & Wife filed on July 2nd 7:55 am NSC
Received receipts for both yesterday August 3rd.
Sit tight and relax, everyone will get theirs.
I thought your lawyer is supposed to get the receipts if you had filled G-28.
Details:
I485 - Myselft & Wife filed on July 2nd 7:55 am NSC
Received receipts for both yesterday August 3rd.
Sit tight and relax, everyone will get theirs.
I thought your lawyer is supposed to get the receipts if you had filled G-28.
more...
house Original Cartoon Fish Drawing
deekay
06-21 11:21 AM
I came back to US on Mar 30 2008 using advance parole. The officer wrote on I-94 , paroled until Mar 29, 2008 (I am assuming its an oversight).
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009
Thanks
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009
Thanks
tattoo funny cartoon fish
h1jail
08-08 09:29 PM
Hello,
I did not see any posts regarding "1 year H1 extension approval when filed for 3 years". If this discussion is already in place, please point me to appropriate thread so that I could close this one.
I applied for 3 years H1 extension on 6/26/2007 with approved I-140. My priority date (EB3 -Sep 2003) was not current on 6/26/2007 when I applied for 3 year extension. I got an approval notice today which is valid for only one year. I want to know if this is an error from USCIS so that I could ask to ammend 2 more years.
Thanks!
I did not see any posts regarding "1 year H1 extension approval when filed for 3 years". If this discussion is already in place, please point me to appropriate thread so that I could close this one.
I applied for 3 years H1 extension on 6/26/2007 with approved I-140. My priority date (EB3 -Sep 2003) was not current on 6/26/2007 when I applied for 3 year extension. I got an approval notice today which is valid for only one year. I want to know if this is an error from USCIS so that I could ask to ammend 2 more years.
Thanks!
more...
pictures Vector cartoon fish Vector
GC_Q
04-21 10:34 AM
Hello fromnaija,
I don't think we need to start out GC process everytime we move to a different location. I believe that GC is for future employment so according to me we don't need to re-start GC process when we move from east to west and north to south.
Thanks
I don't think we need to start out GC process everytime we move to a different location. I believe that GC is for future employment so according to me we don't need to re-start GC process when we move from east to west and north to south.
Thanks
dresses Mr. Stained Glass says you
Norristown
10-15 07:15 AM
Recently I came across a different situation where outsourcing caused to lay off GCs and citizens(Ind origins).
My friend is working in a medium company for 5 years after he got GC.
Comapany decided to outsource certain piece of project to TCS and in that effect my friend was laid off. I think in future this might more often to us who are waiting in line for GC. May be it is part of life ....
Most funniest part is company has prepared a official guidlines to employees how to communicate with indian team (which is mostly located in India).
here are examples...
1) when they say they understood every thing, do not take it seriously. Ask them explain what they knew.
2) during discussion do not use any US slangs. Talk to them in simple english.
3) do not be surprised for few new words like FUNDA, Bouncer, Sixer (cricket), Yaar,
4) know something about cricket. Indians love cricket game.
My friend is working in a medium company for 5 years after he got GC.
Comapany decided to outsource certain piece of project to TCS and in that effect my friend was laid off. I think in future this might more often to us who are waiting in line for GC. May be it is part of life ....
Most funniest part is company has prepared a official guidlines to employees how to communicate with indian team (which is mostly located in India).
here are examples...
1) when they say they understood every thing, do not take it seriously. Ask them explain what they knew.
2) during discussion do not use any US slangs. Talk to them in simple english.
3) do not be surprised for few new words like FUNDA, Bouncer, Sixer (cricket), Yaar,
4) know something about cricket. Indians love cricket game.
more...
makeup 6 x 7 inch Cartoon Fish on
chanduv23
11-15 10:19 AM
Still only 6 people have courage to speak out. What is running in your veins, water?
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
girlfriend stock vector : Cartoon fish
ssnd03
01-02 07:18 PM
Hi Everybody,
I know that nobody has an answer for my question, but still i would like to get the views/inputs from the seniors here , who have experience with USCIS.
When do you think a person with PD of Nov 2007 ,EB3 from India, would be able to file for 485??
Most likely in about two (2) years
I know that nobody has an answer for my question, but still i would like to get the views/inputs from the seniors here , who have experience with USCIS.
When do you think a person with PD of Nov 2007 ,EB3 from India, would be able to file for 485??
Most likely in about two (2) years
hairstyles Fish Lost Key Cartoon Picture
Euclid
03-19 09:55 PM
Actually, what your HR says makes no sense. You *are* presenting a list A document. According to the receipt rule "the receipt for the replacement suffices (for 90 days) wherever the actual would have sufficed" (I paraphrase).
So you are in effect presenting a list A document.
Get some talking points from the net and argue this out with them.
So you are in effect presenting a list A document.
Get some talking points from the net and argue this out with them.
p7810456
01-10 03:57 PM
munabhai
i filed my I-140 in may 07 and got RFE in NOV-07 and replied in dec07.
which center, gcphul?
i filed my I-140 in may 07 and got RFE in NOV-07 and replied in dec07.
which center, gcphul?
nixstor
03-05 11:52 AM
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main
Choose USCIS for the agency and click submit. That returns the proposed fee increase which is open for comments. I doubt it makes any difference but nothing to lose leaving a comment on the portal
Alternatives
You may submit comments, identified by DHS Docket No. USCIS- 2006-0044 by one of the following methods:
� Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
� E-mail: OSComments@dhs.gov. Include the docket number in the subject line of the message.
� Facsimile: Federal eRulemaking portal at 866-466-5370.
� Mail: Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529. To ensure proper handling, please reference DHS Docket No. USCIS-2006-0044 on your correspondence. This mailing address may also be used for paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions.
� Hand Delivery/Courier: Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529. Contact Telephone Number (202) 272-8377.
Choose USCIS for the agency and click submit. That returns the proposed fee increase which is open for comments. I doubt it makes any difference but nothing to lose leaving a comment on the portal
Alternatives
You may submit comments, identified by DHS Docket No. USCIS- 2006-0044 by one of the following methods:
� Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
� E-mail: OSComments@dhs.gov. Include the docket number in the subject line of the message.
� Facsimile: Federal eRulemaking portal at 866-466-5370.
� Mail: Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529. To ensure proper handling, please reference DHS Docket No. USCIS-2006-0044 on your correspondence. This mailing address may also be used for paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions.
� Hand Delivery/Courier: Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529. Contact Telephone Number (202) 272-8377.
No comments:
Post a Comment