gammamonk
Nov 11, 09:44 PM
どうもマックです。 - Nice to meet you, I'm a Mac.
こんにちはパソコンです。 - Hello, I'm a PC.
ちょっと大丈夫? - Hey~ Are you alright?
大丈夫じゃないです速いのウイルスを抱えちゃって。 - I'm not ok, I have that new (fast) virus.
力ないで、今年は本当に悪ですから。 - Don't be helpless, this year is really bad!
僕は平気平気。 - I'm fine, I'm fine.
ぃゃぃゃ、強うかないでって11万4千のウイルスがパソコンで出た大変ですから。Nono, don't act tough. 114,000 viruses are out for the PC, and that's rough.
マックはウイルスは大丈夫。 To a mac, viruses are no problem.
ヤバい。 - This is bad.
どうした? - What's wrong?
Crashします。 - I'm going to crash.
それで楽になるの? - Will that make you feel better?
そう思います。 - I think so.
こんにちはパソコンです。 - Hello, I'm a PC.
ちょっと大丈夫? - Hey~ Are you alright?
大丈夫じゃないです速いのウイルスを抱えちゃって。 - I'm not ok, I have that new (fast) virus.
力ないで、今年は本当に悪ですから。 - Don't be helpless, this year is really bad!
僕は平気平気。 - I'm fine, I'm fine.
ぃゃぃゃ、強うかないでって11万4千のウイルスがパソコンで出た大変ですから。Nono, don't act tough. 114,000 viruses are out for the PC, and that's rough.
マックはウイルスは大丈夫。 To a mac, viruses are no problem.
ヤバい。 - This is bad.
どうした? - What's wrong?
Crashします。 - I'm going to crash.
それで楽になるの? - Will that make you feel better?
そう思います。 - I think so.
Ladybug
Oct 10, 06:38 AM
For years WalMart has moved into many small towns, and undercut everyones prices repeatedly, driving all the Mom & Pop stores out of business. As long as they were hurting someone elses bottom line, they seemed to think that this was competition and very much acceptable.
Now that Apple wants a piece of the pie, its suddenly unfair. Sorry WalMart, either get in the game or find something new that works for you. No sympathy from me. :(
Now that Apple wants a piece of the pie, its suddenly unfair. Sorry WalMart, either get in the game or find something new that works for you. No sympathy from me. :(
GeekLawyer
Apr 21, 01:28 PM
4S. I like the name, and it makes sense to keep continuity with the previous naming scheme (3GS). I guess we'll see a true iPhone 5 next summer.But then they would have to call it the iPhone 6.

macgeek18
Apr 18, 11:19 PM
$4.39 for unleaded.
more...
bartolo5
Jun 10, 06:23 PM
it is strange that they added a fourth band (VIII - 900 frequency) which is for more of europe, asia and also vodaNZ but doesn't open up anything in the US... even stranger is that i was just in NZ and my 3G[S] (which doesn't support VIII / 900 apparently) was on the vodaNZ 3G network the whole time. anyone with knowledge of this whole UMTS / HSDPA band and frequency thing, please tell me how this worked then?
I guess Apple added the 3G in 900Mhz to support the 3G networks in Europe. 3G in Europe has been historically in the 2100Mhz band, but that band has poor propagation (poor in building reception) so since a few years there has been some refarming going on of regular GSM bands at 900Mhz to 3G in euroland. Most 3G phones these days in Europe are 900/2100 3G so I'm assuming Apple just wanted to be competitive in Europe in terms of reception.
I guess Apple added the 3G in 900Mhz to support the 3G networks in Europe. 3G in Europe has been historically in the 2100Mhz band, but that band has poor propagation (poor in building reception) so since a few years there has been some refarming going on of regular GSM bands at 900Mhz to 3G in euroland. Most 3G phones these days in Europe are 900/2100 3G so I'm assuming Apple just wanted to be competitive in Europe in terms of reception.

zap2
Apr 29, 12:54 PM
It stands to reason that people would drive less. So the projected mileage tax revenue wouldn't be what they say and the already in-place gasoline tax would be less useful because people are driving less. Privacy issues aside, this is a dumb idea. Politically speaking you're not going to win many hearts and minds by taxing the lower and middle classes like this.
It shouldn't be about winning political points, it should be doing whats right for our country. Either way a high gas tax is a win, we either get more money to fix our roads or we cut down on greenhouse gases. Its really a win/win.
And yes, some driving can be cut down, but not all of it. Plus a large chuck of driving is required, many people live in suburban areas and need to drive to work.
It shouldn't be about winning political points, it should be doing whats right for our country. Either way a high gas tax is a win, we either get more money to fix our roads or we cut down on greenhouse gases. Its really a win/win.
And yes, some driving can be cut down, but not all of it. Plus a large chuck of driving is required, many people live in suburban areas and need to drive to work.
more...
The_Roo
Oct 27, 05:25 AM
Is it me or when you create a new email from the New button, on the compose window that comes up there is no way to select an address to send to?
Kenny
Kenny

p0intblank
Oct 26, 02:47 PM
Cool, more software is a good thing. No support for PowerPC users is just unfair, though. :( Oh well, I have no interest in it anyway. Now if it was Photoshop CS3... then I'd be pissed! :p
more...
fishmoose
Oct 6, 12:39 PM
You are pulling figures out of thin-air. Where is your proof that the reason Nokia and other manufactures aren't doing well is because they have more than one type of phone?
No no, I'm not saying that's why but thats their business model and its not working.
No no, I'm not saying that's why but thats their business model and its not working.

Chef Medeski
Nov 21, 07:15 PM
"600 degrees" :eek: ...degrees what?
600 Fahrenheit.... nah.... nothing gets that hot.
600 Kelvin. whats that like 40 degress celsius. Nope.... 330 Celsius. :eek: Wow thats a lot
But not as much as 600 CELSIUS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe he invented a system. :rolleyes:
600F : Melting Point of Cadmium.
600K: Melting Point of Lead.
600C: Melting point of Aluminum (so thats why Apple switched from Titanium).
600 Fahrenheit.... nah.... nothing gets that hot.
600 Kelvin. whats that like 40 degress celsius. Nope.... 330 Celsius. :eek: Wow thats a lot
But not as much as 600 CELSIUS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe he invented a system. :rolleyes:
600F : Melting Point of Cadmium.
600K: Melting Point of Lead.
600C: Melting point of Aluminum (so thats why Apple switched from Titanium).
more...
james92se
Nov 18, 09:39 PM
Aren't there a half dozen or so other websites that sell/do the exact same thing as this kid? As well as likely hundreds of eBay sellers?
So, what I missing here? Why all the scrutiny for this kid?
Plus, his website clearly says they're non-OEM parts. So I really don't get all the negative hooplah here.
So, what I missing here? Why all the scrutiny for this kid?
Plus, his website clearly says they're non-OEM parts. So I really don't get all the negative hooplah here.
Hertog
Nov 14, 09:56 AM
It sounds really nice, but... perhaps someone got out the press release too soon. The Dutch airline KLM, one of the partners mentioned in the article, are apparently not aware of the deal and respond in surprise to the news. They also say Air France, KLM's owner, nows nothing.
The article, in Dutch: http://www.nu.nl/news/885979/54/%27iPod-aansluiting_in_vliegtuigen%27.html
KLM reacted in surprise at the announcement. 'It is true that there where talks, but the changes of this happening are now/at the moment smaller than ever', said a spokesman from the Dutch airline.
(Translation by me. I'm not quite sure if the spokesman means 'now', ie. since the announcement, or 'at the moment', ie someting went wrong at the talks.)
The article, in Dutch: http://www.nu.nl/news/885979/54/%27iPod-aansluiting_in_vliegtuigen%27.html
KLM reacted in surprise at the announcement. 'It is true that there where talks, but the changes of this happening are now/at the moment smaller than ever', said a spokesman from the Dutch airline.
(Translation by me. I'm not quite sure if the spokesman means 'now', ie. since the announcement, or 'at the moment', ie someting went wrong at the talks.)
more...
081440
Oct 26, 04:41 PM
Guess another company will have to produce a reverse of Rosetta if this trend keeps up!
(because Apple would never do it, they don't want people using their PPC machines anymore)
(because Apple would never do it, they don't want people using their PPC machines anymore)

ejfontenot
Mar 11, 09:48 PM
Yea. If I can find one, I am gonna return my 16 gig black wifi for a 16 gig white AT&T
more...
Cougarcat
Apr 27, 09:15 AM
Yeah, lack of incremental updates for the Mac App Store in particular is a bit of a problem.
Software Update is still in Lion. Even though you download it from the app store, incremental updates are handled as normal.
Software Update is still in Lion. Even though you download it from the app store, incremental updates are handled as normal.

lieb39
Mar 21, 04:47 AM
Hello everyone,
Has apple ever officially responded to any false marketing claims they may have accidentally stated? For example - them stating their macbook pro battery life lasts X amount of time, however it really lasts X -3 hours.. and they've responded in an official capacity?
Cheers
Has apple ever officially responded to any false marketing claims they may have accidentally stated? For example - them stating their macbook pro battery life lasts X amount of time, however it really lasts X -3 hours.. and they've responded in an official capacity?
Cheers
more...

rquick
Oct 6, 09:31 PM
Because now Android with a range of sizes is eating iPhone sales.
Go into a Best Buy and look at all the Androids with larger screens, and some with smaller screens and lower prices. Apple needs to compete with that...
I disagree. Apple doesn't need to compete with that at all. Android is not taking iPhone sales as long as Apple is selling them as fast as they can make them. In fact, the smaller droids are too small and the larger droids are too large. Size is always a compromise and the iPhone is an example of the perfect compromise. Not too small - and not too big - but just right. It works for the vast majority and they don't need other sizes. And for those of you talking about a nano size iPhone - it wouldn't be an iPhone. There are just too many things you would not be able to do. I have had tiny phones and the compromise on usability is not worth it. On the other hand, any larger and the iPhone would just be a small iPad. Too large to carry in your pocket, but not as big as the iPad. Maybe a good thought for a pad, but not for a phone. Most people need to put their phone in a multitude of pockets and jeans pockets are just right for the current iPhone. If it was even a fraction bigger it would be uncomfortable. The devices this guy is hearing rumors about could be a smaller iPad to compete with the new 7inch pads and a smaller ipod between the touch and the nano, which borders on being too small. They eventually need a new ipod form factor to replace the classic. That should already be in the works. Lot's of storage with not so much screen as a touch so you can put your money into storage instead of screen. He's just guessing they are phones.
Go into a Best Buy and look at all the Androids with larger screens, and some with smaller screens and lower prices. Apple needs to compete with that...
I disagree. Apple doesn't need to compete with that at all. Android is not taking iPhone sales as long as Apple is selling them as fast as they can make them. In fact, the smaller droids are too small and the larger droids are too large. Size is always a compromise and the iPhone is an example of the perfect compromise. Not too small - and not too big - but just right. It works for the vast majority and they don't need other sizes. And for those of you talking about a nano size iPhone - it wouldn't be an iPhone. There are just too many things you would not be able to do. I have had tiny phones and the compromise on usability is not worth it. On the other hand, any larger and the iPhone would just be a small iPad. Too large to carry in your pocket, but not as big as the iPad. Maybe a good thought for a pad, but not for a phone. Most people need to put their phone in a multitude of pockets and jeans pockets are just right for the current iPhone. If it was even a fraction bigger it would be uncomfortable. The devices this guy is hearing rumors about could be a smaller iPad to compete with the new 7inch pads and a smaller ipod between the touch and the nano, which borders on being too small. They eventually need a new ipod form factor to replace the classic. That should already be in the works. Lot's of storage with not so much screen as a touch so you can put your money into storage instead of screen. He's just guessing they are phones.
tvguru
Sep 25, 10:38 AM
Aperture and iPod the library can be transferred via iTunes 7 now also to iPod and regarded there.
Wanted this too.:)
Wanted this too.:)
iNeko
Mar 17, 04:20 PM
I've got a "Cosmos Black" 3DS on preorder.
Somehow managed to bust the cartridge slot on my XL, sadly (cartridges fall out/move around). I thought, rather than paying �140-170 for a new XL (would've had a yellow one), I'll use some left over gift vouchers, trade the XL in (as damaged, obviously), so it now works out that I'm getting a 3DS for just over �90. Can't complain :)
I'm not too bothered about the auto-stereoscopy "3D" feature to be honest (the demo unit in Game gave me a headache after about 10 minutes anyway, thanks to my illnesses :rolleyes: ), but I do like the look of the augmented reality stuff, so I'm a little excited! Plus it means I can play Pok�mon again! :o
Somehow managed to bust the cartridge slot on my XL, sadly (cartridges fall out/move around). I thought, rather than paying �140-170 for a new XL (would've had a yellow one), I'll use some left over gift vouchers, trade the XL in (as damaged, obviously), so it now works out that I'm getting a 3DS for just over �90. Can't complain :)
I'm not too bothered about the auto-stereoscopy "3D" feature to be honest (the demo unit in Game gave me a headache after about 10 minutes anyway, thanks to my illnesses :rolleyes: ), but I do like the look of the augmented reality stuff, so I'm a little excited! Plus it means I can play Pok�mon again! :o
notromeel
Aug 19, 01:32 PM
I don't understand all the bad push back for this new feature.
I'm walking down inner city and notice Jane is at the local coffee shop, I'll say hi. I'm at the concert with a buddy, and notice Brad is there too. I just entered this really neat cupcake place, I want to let my FRIENDS know.
If you're freaked out a creeper may know your location, why are you friends with them?
All the positive to this new, cool feature - and everyone says is - this will track your every move and people will kidnap you and break into your house, blah blah blah.
I'm walking down inner city and notice Jane is at the local coffee shop, I'll say hi. I'm at the concert with a buddy, and notice Brad is there too. I just entered this really neat cupcake place, I want to let my FRIENDS know.
If you're freaked out a creeper may know your location, why are you friends with them?
All the positive to this new, cool feature - and everyone says is - this will track your every move and people will kidnap you and break into your house, blah blah blah.
tobefirst
Sep 27, 08:54 AM
Any Rosetta improvements are definitely welcome!
MontyZ
Jun 3, 02:53 AM
So you were seriously interseted in a widget about folding laundry? :p :D ;)
Hell yea!!
Hell yea!!
R.Perez
Apr 7, 05:19 PM
Its not that democrats "don't have balls."
I have been thinking about this a lot. I am anarchist politically, but lets put that aside for this discussion.
Lets assume that democrats in political office by and large do care about issues of poverty and inequality. Lets take them at their word for a just a moment.
The reality is that even if they "care", they are not impacted by these issues in the real world. They come from a position a privilege, one in which the reality of actually needing and using social welfare programs will never effect them.
I have been thinking about this a lot. I am anarchist politically, but lets put that aside for this discussion.
Lets assume that democrats in political office by and large do care about issues of poverty and inequality. Lets take them at their word for a just a moment.
The reality is that even if they "care", they are not impacted by these issues in the real world. They come from a position a privilege, one in which the reality of actually needing and using social welfare programs will never effect them.
e�Studios
Sep 25, 09:52 AM
well let's hope that we do see updates*:cool:
I'm sure you will see updates.. to aperture :)
Ed
I'm sure you will see updates.. to aperture :)
Ed
No comments:
Post a Comment