OllyW
May 5, 02:44 PM
Where did they say in the website that you need to buy antivirus software?
You don't need to buy antivirus software.
You don't need to buy antivirus software.
Thomas Veil
Apr 26, 06:01 AM
No thanks. Looks like I'll be voting for Bill the Cat again.
Image (http://thfd.smugmug.com/Other/Forums/7305329_XAcTU#858186861_umpyA-A-LB)Do y'all remember when Donald Trump got killed by his own boat anchor and doctors transferred his brain into Bill the Cat's body? One of the more memorable Bloom County storylines. If I can find it, I may scan a few for us.
Image (http://thfd.smugmug.com/Other/Forums/7305329_XAcTU#858186861_umpyA-A-LB)Do y'all remember when Donald Trump got killed by his own boat anchor and doctors transferred his brain into Bill the Cat's body? One of the more memorable Bloom County storylines. If I can find it, I may scan a few for us.
kdarling
Oct 6, 03:50 PM
First off Apple isn't even close to first in sales, so your thoughts are based on faulty data.In the US they aren't but in the rest of the world they are.
Worldwide, 2009:

Hayden Panettiere at Golden
more...

Sep 19, 09:35 AM

Hayden @ 2009 Golden Globes - Inside
more...

Hayden Panettiere#39;s Golden

and Hayden Panettiere at a
more...

Hayden Panettiere also

Nov 28, 09:47 PM
more...

hayden panettiere 2011.

hayden panettiere 2011 golden
more...

The 66th Annual Golden Globe

for the Golden Globes
Worldwide, 2009:
HMFIC03
Apr 5, 07:01 PM
So does this mean we would need an adapter for the 30pin connector to HDMI out?
more...
iansilv
Apr 5, 08:41 PM
I wish people would actually think before they post sometimes.
YES this connector has USB3, it also has USB2, Thunderbolt and a pretty white cable too.
What people fail to realise is that if you own a current gen/future Mac you can use the thunderbolt part of the connection, if you own an older version then it will use the USB2 part. OR if you are using a USB3 compatible PC then you can use their USB3 connection.
Its actually a quite clever design and means that the iProducts 30pin connector can be relevant for many more years to come.
Thank you- i was sitting here wondering why the hell anyone would think this was a negative development... and about to post something like what you did.
YES this connector has USB3, it also has USB2, Thunderbolt and a pretty white cable too.
What people fail to realise is that if you own a current gen/future Mac you can use the thunderbolt part of the connection, if you own an older version then it will use the USB2 part. OR if you are using a USB3 compatible PC then you can use their USB3 connection.
Its actually a quite clever design and means that the iProducts 30pin connector can be relevant for many more years to come.
Thank you- i was sitting here wondering why the hell anyone would think this was a negative development... and about to post something like what you did.
tech4all
Oct 26, 02:31 PM
While I have no interest in this app, it is disappointing that they left PowerPC in the dust. Hopefully this isn't a new trend other companies will follow.
Apple is quickly moving its focus towards Intel Macs, and no longer sells Power PC systems in many places.
While that may be true, there are still plenty of PowerPC customers out there. Probably more than Mac x86, right? Then again, as it was said by someone here, this was probably just meant to be a Windows only app, so they might have just made a Mac x86 version so that there could be some Mac support.
Apple is quickly moving its focus towards Intel Macs, and no longer sells Power PC systems in many places.
While that may be true, there are still plenty of PowerPC customers out there. Probably more than Mac x86, right? Then again, as it was said by someone here, this was probably just meant to be a Windows only app, so they might have just made a Mac x86 version so that there could be some Mac support.
more...
Abulia
Sep 20, 12:25 AM
Those with RAID 0 arrays, how are you finally getting the update to install? Do you have to remove your RAID and install from a "spare" OS X single drive that you just happen to have lying around? :confused:
ctucci
Nov 5, 07:24 PM
If it's a reader, I can see this working in concert with the new Easy Pay apple point of sale.
I could walk through a store, hit "read" and conduct inventory instantly.
Gimme.
I could walk through a store, hit "read" and conduct inventory instantly.
Gimme.
more...
Clive At Five
Dec 2, 10:00 AM
I'll take my own definition over Apple's or yours. Seriously, the phone is damn good looking, but you'll take Apple's opinion over your on?
Lol, touch�. Burn those fanboys!
Lol, touch�. Burn those fanboys!
iJohnHenry
Apr 8, 06:04 AM
We need a body count clock, to record the incidence of deaths of pregnant girls, caused by botched 'back-room' abortions. :mad:
more...
Miharu
Apr 7, 01:51 PM
Those were the two good games... Then there were things like Pac-Pix, Pok�mon Rush etc. Also the original DS was really ugly, especially compared to the PSP :) In the end though, DS Lite came out as the winner.
One thing I really liked about the DS was that it came with a Metroid Prime Hunters demo, so there was at least something to play with immediately. Same thing with the AR cards included with the 3DS.
I'm really looking forward to future 3DS games, but then I always remember how the thing is region locked :( I have lots of Japanese and American games, for example Ouendan 1 & 2, Taiko no Tatsujin, Phoenix Wright etc. Many of these games didn't come out in Europe at all or came around a year late.
One thing I really liked about the DS was that it came with a Metroid Prime Hunters demo, so there was at least something to play with immediately. Same thing with the AR cards included with the 3DS.
I'm really looking forward to future 3DS games, but then I always remember how the thing is region locked :( I have lots of Japanese and American games, for example Ouendan 1 & 2, Taiko no Tatsujin, Phoenix Wright etc. Many of these games didn't come out in Europe at all or came around a year late.
RussOniPhone
Feb 18, 11:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I hope he is doing well, Steve is a BIG part of Apple I'll always think of Steve as one of the greatest people of our time, my heart goes out to him I hope he does a speedy recovery. We love you Steve.
I hope he is doing well, Steve is a BIG part of Apple I'll always think of Steve as one of the greatest people of our time, my heart goes out to him I hope he does a speedy recovery. We love you Steve.
more...
Culman10
Mar 24, 05:16 PM
Pulled ipad one off ebay 3 days ago for 450 + 11 shipping (3g 64gb)... no tax even:)
dejo
Apr 6, 06:20 PM
Selling outside the Marketplace
All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum, which is accessible only to qualified members and subject to additional rules; see the Marketplace Rules for details. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads elsewhere for such purposes.
from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems
more...

Hayden Panettiere Golden

Hayden Panettiere and Golden
more...

hayden panettiere 2011 golden

Hayden Panettiere Golden

16-year-old Hayden Panettiere
All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum, which is accessible only to qualified members and subject to additional rules; see the Marketplace Rules for details. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads elsewhere for such purposes.
from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems
more...
generik
Oct 12, 09:05 AM
NO? cos that would make it a MBP
Not really, the MBP has tons of other wonderful features that makes it pro. Such as the fact that it runs OSX, has backlit keyboard, and also the 34 express card slot that 1 or 2 people use.
Not really, the MBP has tons of other wonderful features that makes it pro. Such as the fact that it runs OSX, has backlit keyboard, and also the 34 express card slot that 1 or 2 people use.

Fraaaa
Apr 21, 02:07 PM
The iphone 5 will be a minor spec bump, i seriously doubt they are waiting for september unless it is for LTE which people claim isnt coming until the revision after that (which imo will be quick to get it out before the holidays rather than waiting till the next june)
1. the A5 is more than a minor spec bump - it's a serious spec bump.
2. WHY would we want LTE when Android phones have already shown how bad is for battery life? Moreover, not all countries have LTE and even in the US is not widely adopted. Is useless have not optimized technology this time that also cannot be used but by few.
There is only one thing I could disagree on the A5 adoption on the iPhone. If you have seen the iPhone4 and iPad2 internals you should think about this:
a. The iPhone4 was so packed you could not fit an hair in it. The A5 is way bigger than the A4.
b. The solution for the iPad2 problem with the more demanding A5 consumption was to add a third pack of battery.
This means that the iPhone4 design cannot allow the A5 chip, let alone a bigger battery. I believe that Apple has surely an internal redesign; however, I feel that they will not use the same exact A5 found in the iPad2.
So, it's most likely they are going do these things.
1. One device that will work on both VZ and AT&T network
2. 32GB and 64G storage.
3. 1080P recording with 8 megapixel camera
4. A5 chip
5. Maybe higher ram or maybe not.
6. Throw in something new... like better gyroscope or something to just make iPhone 4 outdated, but nothing major.
This is BS. It's not good enough, apple.
More or less what companies have been doing in computing since 1980. What is your point?
Having said that, when people will realize that computer usability lies in the software and not the hardware?
1. the A5 is more than a minor spec bump - it's a serious spec bump.
2. WHY would we want LTE when Android phones have already shown how bad is for battery life? Moreover, not all countries have LTE and even in the US is not widely adopted. Is useless have not optimized technology this time that also cannot be used but by few.
There is only one thing I could disagree on the A5 adoption on the iPhone. If you have seen the iPhone4 and iPad2 internals you should think about this:
a. The iPhone4 was so packed you could not fit an hair in it. The A5 is way bigger than the A4.
b. The solution for the iPad2 problem with the more demanding A5 consumption was to add a third pack of battery.
This means that the iPhone4 design cannot allow the A5 chip, let alone a bigger battery. I believe that Apple has surely an internal redesign; however, I feel that they will not use the same exact A5 found in the iPad2.
So, it's most likely they are going do these things.
1. One device that will work on both VZ and AT&T network
2. 32GB and 64G storage.
3. 1080P recording with 8 megapixel camera
4. A5 chip
5. Maybe higher ram or maybe not.
6. Throw in something new... like better gyroscope or something to just make iPhone 4 outdated, but nothing major.
This is BS. It's not good enough, apple.
More or less what companies have been doing in computing since 1980. What is your point?
Having said that, when people will realize that computer usability lies in the software and not the hardware?
more...
huntercr
Mar 26, 09:01 PM
""They're going to see it all eventually so who cares how they get it." Which seemed to be about web content, said the tipster."
How can that be interpreted about web content ? :confused:
I think they were actually talking about downloading the Britney Spears sex tape from Bit Torrent.
How can that be interpreted about web content ? :confused:
I think they were actually talking about downloading the Britney Spears sex tape from Bit Torrent.
wrldwzrd89
Apr 3, 05:52 PM
It's useful to add pronunciation to the text for different language speakers, or usually in JP language papers so someone can know how to speak a particular Chinese character.
It may be obscure but its very useful, especially if it was built in to Cocoa just like spelling...
I'd LOVE to see Ruby support in TextEdit for Tiger!
EDIT: Oops, wandering off-topic again...
Ruby support should definitely be in an update of Pages.
It may be obscure but its very useful, especially if it was built in to Cocoa just like spelling...
I'd LOVE to see Ruby support in TextEdit for Tiger!
EDIT: Oops, wandering off-topic again...
Ruby support should definitely be in an update of Pages.
Burnsey
May 3, 07:18 PM
They will do a ton of damage in those four years, so get ready. The more I read about them , the more they scare me just as much as our conservatives do.
Wow- just watched him. He's a real horse's ass. How the hell did you guys elect that fool? I'm even more concerned for you Canadians now.
Their performance on the economy has been pretty good so far (even though prior to the recession they opposed the very banking regulations that kept Canada in decent shape coming out of the crisis). At the moment the economy seems to be the #1 priority for most people, and I guess a change in government in the middle of a recovery was not what people wanted.
The conservatives campaigned on "we didn't want an election, we were in the middle of fixing the economy when the other parties decided to call an election, all we ask is for a majority government so that we can go back to work and fix the economy without these distractions". I think that resonated with a lot of people.
Wow- just watched him. He's a real horse's ass. How the hell did you guys elect that fool? I'm even more concerned for you Canadians now.
Their performance on the economy has been pretty good so far (even though prior to the recession they opposed the very banking regulations that kept Canada in decent shape coming out of the crisis). At the moment the economy seems to be the #1 priority for most people, and I guess a change in government in the middle of a recovery was not what people wanted.
The conservatives campaigned on "we didn't want an election, we were in the middle of fixing the economy when the other parties decided to call an election, all we ask is for a majority government so that we can go back to work and fix the economy without these distractions". I think that resonated with a lot of people.
reberto
Dec 9, 05:51 PM
what kind of ram does it use? DDR?
radiohead14
Apr 20, 02:09 PM
Why do you guys assume Nvidia cannot make graphic cards for Sandy Bridge? Have you seen Dell's Alienware laptop line? They have the new processors and also are using Nvidia graphics card.
but those are dedicated GPUs not integrated
but those are dedicated GPUs not integrated
kazmac
Apr 30, 06:24 PM
Same resolution for the 13" > but these changes would be nice:
8GB ram option
larger SSD drive
Thunderbolt
longer battery life > closer to the iPad (iPad has really spoiled me as far as battery life).
and perhaps just a little lighter.
If the RAM/Battery life bumps are in I'll reconsider, especially since my wrists are okay with the magic mouse and an Apple laptop > (why I didn't use my Magic Mouse with the Airs/Pros I tested over the last month > duh).
8GB ram option
larger SSD drive
Thunderbolt
longer battery life > closer to the iPad (iPad has really spoiled me as far as battery life).
and perhaps just a little lighter.
If the RAM/Battery life bumps are in I'll reconsider, especially since my wrists are okay with the magic mouse and an Apple laptop > (why I didn't use my Magic Mouse with the Airs/Pros I tested over the last month > duh).
cdfarrar
Aug 19, 11:25 AM
not available in my region yet.
MacCoaster
Oct 2, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ddtlm
People are throwing around "Unix" and "Windows" like they used to throw around "RISC" and "CISC". There is no reason of which I am aware why a future version of Windows cannot scale to as many processors as any version of Unix, just like the nasty ol x86 ISA has yielded top-notch processors like the P4 and Athlon.
I think that everyone here who argues otherwise is engaged in a desperate attempt to justify their worldview that equates Apple with perfection and wisdom, or perhaps equates Microsoft with evil and boundless stupidity.
Amen. Although I think the Windows' scalability vs. Unix's scalability is a valid argument because reasons stated in my post above. It's true that there shouldn't be a reason that Windows cannot scale to as many processors, but as I've said... it's not worth it because it isn't Microsoft's market.
People are throwing around "Unix" and "Windows" like they used to throw around "RISC" and "CISC". There is no reason of which I am aware why a future version of Windows cannot scale to as many processors as any version of Unix, just like the nasty ol x86 ISA has yielded top-notch processors like the P4 and Athlon.
I think that everyone here who argues otherwise is engaged in a desperate attempt to justify their worldview that equates Apple with perfection and wisdom, or perhaps equates Microsoft with evil and boundless stupidity.
Amen. Although I think the Windows' scalability vs. Unix's scalability is a valid argument because reasons stated in my post above. It's true that there shouldn't be a reason that Windows cannot scale to as many processors, but as I've said... it's not worth it because it isn't Microsoft's market.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment