NikeTalk
Aug 19, 12:06 PM
Dang, I just deleted my facebook the other day. Let me how how it is guys.
jimmyjoemccrow
Dec 28, 11:29 PM
No, I said and say nothing of the sort. What I said is that it sounds like the Counsumerist talked to a call center employee who didn't know what was actually going on. The Consumerist was not lying, nor was AT&T lying; the call center employee wasn't even lying...s/he was just talking out of his or her ass. Call center employees are underpaid and under-trained, and half the time I think they're just trying to BS their way through the day. It has happened many times before that a low-level employee who is not even close to the loop has said something that has to be walked back by management. Always such things become gospel and remain fodder for conspiracy theorists. This strikes me as one of those cases.
This was the correct answer on the first page. The thread should have ended there tbh.
Call Centre staff are given a set of answers to the most common problems that occur and they aren't paid enough to troubleshoot a problem (in fact their performance is usually judged by how many queries they can handle in a day). They will simply give the first answer they can find from their list that sounds like it answers the query.
This was the correct answer on the first page. The thread should have ended there tbh.
Call Centre staff are given a set of answers to the most common problems that occur and they aren't paid enough to troubleshoot a problem (in fact their performance is usually judged by how many queries they can handle in a day). They will simply give the first answer they can find from their list that sounds like it answers the query.
{1984}
Sep 23, 08:37 PM
i guess everyone knows about the whole "MHz myth" thing...
Reason for G4 processors killing the Pentium 4 is cuz of the pipeline and i'm not gonna bother cuz everyone probably knows...
Reason for G4 processors killing the Pentium 4 is cuz of the pipeline and i'm not gonna bother cuz everyone probably knows...
Slip Jigs
Dec 28, 10:05 AM
This may just be the beginning. The article in Wired talks about "Data Hogs" and how ATT has been trying to get them to throttle back their usage. How, I don't know. I've been noticing more and more dropped calls on 3G as of late, so much that I have to disable it just to be able to make and complete a call.
Think about it for a second: if this were really an effort to reduce network traffic, it would be a piss-poor way of going about it. For one thing, denying the iPhone to new customers would be far less dependable than throttling data speed. For another, they're closing down only one of many distribution channels, meaning that people in NYC will still be able to get all the iPhones they want. Finally, this would be a public admission that their network is insufficient...and more fodder for the Verizon commercials. You can't tell me that that's not first in every AT&T Wireless executive's mind right now.
I don't know what's going on -- everything is just speculation based on what some low-level AT&T employees (probably new ones who couldn't get out of the holiday shift) said. And I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. I'm just saying that the Consumerist's interpretation doesn't make much sense.
But, if it was really about fraud in certain areas - wouldn't that mean that you can't purchase ANY phone from ATT online? Why would it only apply to the iPhone?
Think about it for a second: if this were really an effort to reduce network traffic, it would be a piss-poor way of going about it. For one thing, denying the iPhone to new customers would be far less dependable than throttling data speed. For another, they're closing down only one of many distribution channels, meaning that people in NYC will still be able to get all the iPhones they want. Finally, this would be a public admission that their network is insufficient...and more fodder for the Verizon commercials. You can't tell me that that's not first in every AT&T Wireless executive's mind right now.
I don't know what's going on -- everything is just speculation based on what some low-level AT&T employees (probably new ones who couldn't get out of the holiday shift) said. And I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. I'm just saying that the Consumerist's interpretation doesn't make much sense.
But, if it was really about fraud in certain areas - wouldn't that mean that you can't purchase ANY phone from ATT online? Why would it only apply to the iPhone?
more...
shawnce
Nov 21, 04:36 PM
Hate to say it but the website sure makes the company and product to be a bunch of BS... they make a lot of claims with little to back them up.
They may have a real and useful product but... man they could present it in a much better way.
They may have a real and useful product but... man they could present it in a much better way.

vocaro
Apr 2, 07:42 PM
Except for a minor cursor glitch, I haven't encountered any bugs in Pages, and it does everything I've asked of it. I especially love the way it handles graphics. Being able to drag pictures where you want them and keep them there, letting text flow around them as you type, is sooo much nicer than what I've experienced in Word, which is usually "Dammit, Word, why did you bump my picture to the next page just because I typed three letters?"
So contrary to most of the posters here, I'm quite happy with Pages. I agree that the user interface could use some remodeling, especially the tedious Inspector pane, but overall I've been impressed with the quality of this 1.0-level app that only costs $40 (so to speak). It's a great Word alternative for those who don't need Excel and don't want to shell out several hundred bucks (MS Office) just to get something better than TextEdit.
So contrary to most of the posters here, I'm quite happy with Pages. I agree that the user interface could use some remodeling, especially the tedious Inspector pane, but overall I've been impressed with the quality of this 1.0-level app that only costs $40 (so to speak). It's a great Word alternative for those who don't need Excel and don't want to shell out several hundred bucks (MS Office) just to get something better than TextEdit.
more...
Spanky Deluxe
Oct 26, 07:47 PM
My main purpose in commenting though is to say congrats to Apple on the management of the event, especially the policing of the queue. It was good to see they dealt with pushing in because, let's face it, they get the same money whether you push or not.
There was one security guy with a shaved head who was excellent although I think he spent most of his time down the other end of the queue. One of the security guys at the front was really nice too but was a bit overwhelmed due to the number of people. There was an Apple guy at the front who was a bit rubbish though and let people in. The queuing was *really* bad at the front. People were pushing in and got away with it at five to six. One guy even barged in at exactly six o'clock.
Apple apparently couldn't get permission to use barriers from the council - probably because they left it so late to announce when Leopard would be in stores. We (everyone at the front) were *extremely* disappointed with the shocking organisation of the queues. The first 20m or so of the queue was about 4 people wide. The inner two had been there since about 4 while the outer two had queue jumped in at great annoyance to everyone else at about ten to six and the staff did nothing. This is the reason why some of you didn't get t-shirts. We tried complaining and arguing but to no avail. :(
There was one security guy with a shaved head who was excellent although I think he spent most of his time down the other end of the queue. One of the security guys at the front was really nice too but was a bit overwhelmed due to the number of people. There was an Apple guy at the front who was a bit rubbish though and let people in. The queuing was *really* bad at the front. People were pushing in and got away with it at five to six. One guy even barged in at exactly six o'clock.
Apple apparently couldn't get permission to use barriers from the council - probably because they left it so late to announce when Leopard would be in stores. We (everyone at the front) were *extremely* disappointed with the shocking organisation of the queues. The first 20m or so of the queue was about 4 people wide. The inner two had been there since about 4 while the outer two had queue jumped in at great annoyance to everyone else at about ten to six and the staff did nothing. This is the reason why some of you didn't get t-shirts. We tried complaining and arguing but to no avail. :(
blacktape242
Feb 18, 04:56 PM
Or how about the lack of pictures? This had photo op written all over it, but we the taxpayer only get one picture? I think the number of pictures were limited due to Steve Jobs current condition.
could be possible i suppose....who knows.
could be possible i suppose....who knows.
more...

powerofmac
Aug 19, 10:16 AM
I dont know what kind of CRAZY KILLER friends you all have on facebook. I only have relatives and close friends I see and talk to on a normal occasion.
IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW SOMEONE DONT ADD THEM AS A FRIEND DUH.
and only share the info you want with the people you want.. its not that hard really.

Kendall Looks Amazing At Her
more...

Kendall Jenner, did on the

Kendall Jenner, Lucca Couture
more...

Kendall+jenner+and+kylie+
IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW SOMEONE DONT ADD THEM AS A FRIEND DUH.
and only share the info you want with the people you want.. its not that hard really.
HexMonkey
May 31, 05:04 AM
Overly-general guidelines based on the number of articles is poor structure, if it gets vastly overcrowded then new subcategories should be used very sparingly, but without subsubcategories, a user won't have to click through more than 3 times to get to the article they want from the Guides page, Top Category>Subcategory>Article, and potentially most of the time, two, Top Category>Article, or they'll just search it out which is the most likely, but that doesn't mean a decent hierarchy should be given up since it allows the user to just browse articles of interest.
I don't think the number of clicks is the best metric here. If there are hundreds of articles in a category, it takes a long time to skim through the list of them. If you can spend a few extra seconds narrowing down what you're looking for, it can be much faster to find something.
I don't think the number of clicks is the best metric here. If there are hundreds of articles in a category, it takes a long time to skim through the list of them. If you can spend a few extra seconds narrowing down what you're looking for, it can be much faster to find something.
more...
Blue Velvet
Feb 12, 07:37 PM
Ouch!! I don't have a Mac yet - have tried right mouse clicking it, but no options come up?
Ummm... Control-I?
Yikes, it's a PC...
Better... in the File menu with the album selected, halfway down, 'Get Info'
Ummm... Control-I?
Yikes, it's a PC...
Better... in the File menu with the album selected, halfway down, 'Get Info'
caspersoong
Apr 7, 07:09 AM
True. If only it supported reading usb flash drives, I could abandon my laptop except for syncing. So instead, I got an iPod.
more...
Sydde
Mar 30, 08:33 PM
Additionally it's illegal under WTO rules.

kendall jenner bikini pic
more...

Even though Kendall Jenner

Kendall-Jenner-Bikini-2.jpg
more...

photo of kendall jenner

KENDALL JENNER DEFENDS HER

on kendall bikini Youngest
Small White Car
Apr 5, 09:30 AM
We can't tell you how to feel about this news. You have to figure it out yourself.
I'm really sorry, but I gotta say :woosh:
I'm really sorry, but I gotta say :woosh:
more...
mrkramer
Apr 24, 01:55 AM
What has Obama really done besides go on vacation for the last few years? How the hell has he raised any bar? Tell me what all he promised to do and then tell me exactly how many of those things he has accomplished so far.
Even though I doubt you actually want to see anything here (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-kept/) is a list of some things he promised to do and actually did. As far as politicians go Obama has been pretty good at keeping promises, I don't agree with him on everything but some of his problems with doing things come from the republicans stopping him and him having too much of a desire to compromise.
Even though I doubt you actually want to see anything here (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-kept/) is a list of some things he promised to do and actually did. As far as politicians go Obama has been pretty good at keeping promises, I don't agree with him on everything but some of his problems with doing things come from the republicans stopping him and him having too much of a desire to compromise.
MacRumors
Apr 5, 07:51 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/05/wozniak-tablet-is-the-pc-for-normal-people/)
Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/article/159010/2011/04/wozniak.html) reports on Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak's keynote session at Storage Networking World in California. Wozniak was questioned about how tablets would change the computer industry.�The tablet is not necessarily for the people in this room,� Wozniak told the audience of enterprise storage engineers. �It�s for the normal people in the world,� Wozniak said.
�I think Steve Jobs had that intention from the day we started Apple, but it was just hard to get there, because we had to go through a lot of steps where you connected to things, and (eventually) computers grew up to where they could do ... normal consumer appliance things,� Wozniak said.
Article Link: Wozniak: Tablet is the PC for 'normal people' (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/05/wozniak-tablet-is-the-pc-for-normal-people/)
Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/article/159010/2011/04/wozniak.html) reports on Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak's keynote session at Storage Networking World in California. Wozniak was questioned about how tablets would change the computer industry.�The tablet is not necessarily for the people in this room,� Wozniak told the audience of enterprise storage engineers. �It�s for the normal people in the world,� Wozniak said.
�I think Steve Jobs had that intention from the day we started Apple, but it was just hard to get there, because we had to go through a lot of steps where you connected to things, and (eventually) computers grew up to where they could do ... normal consumer appliance things,� Wozniak said.
Article Link: Wozniak: Tablet is the PC for 'normal people' (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/05/wozniak-tablet-is-the-pc-for-normal-people/)
more...
LightSpeed1
Mar 28, 12:48 PM
great news!
motox25
Apr 19, 11:19 AM
I have an 06 Mac Pro that was in need of a video card upgrade. The unit came with a Nvidia 7300GT and I bought an ATI Radeon HD 2600XT to add to it. I have the ATI Radeon on lane 1 so it will get the full X16 and put the 7300GT on lane 4 to drive my second monitor so it will get x8 instead of x4 on another slot. My question is, the 7300GT sits with the heatsink nearly touching the hard drives above it, does this cause overheating issues with the card at all? If so should I move the card to another slot? This would either give me x4 on the 7300GT or I could configure the slots to give x8 each, but that wouldn't allow the 2600XT to run at x16 full performance. Another question, running 2 separate cards for each monitor would give me better performance if I use the better card for graphic intensive apps/games than driving both monitors off the 2600XT correct?
rufwork
Apr 5, 08:41 PM
"Wozniak: Tablet is the PC for 'normal people'"
Because Woz would know normal people.
Because Woz would know normal people.
Brien
Oct 6, 11:45 AM
There is a chance that we could still see a 3.5" screen, but with less features and a smaller case (less bezel/thinner). However that would make the 3GS (since they keep last years model as the low-end) somewhat pointless.
Doc750
Apr 4, 11:42 AM
A car that gets 60 mpg will do just as much 'damage' to a road surface as a car that get 8 mpg....but the 50mpg car will pay much, MUCH less for upkeep of that road than the other in a gas-tax based situation.
so a prius does the same amount of damage to a road as full size RV?
so a prius does the same amount of damage to a road as full size RV?
wdlove
May 24, 09:26 PM
Thank you for your hard work redeye_be, its appreciated. ;) Maybe something like this will simulate and interest in folding.
I'm not using Tiger yet, so can't use it yet.
I'm not using Tiger yet, so can't use it yet.
zengod
Jan 6, 11:32 AM
In the UK where customers of the like of O2 (me) have more chance of getting a w##k off the Pope than a decent data signal without resorting to standing up a ladder and waving their phone in the air, this is a definate no win app.
iPhelim
Oct 26, 08:54 AM
just about to set off to the store now (coming from guildford), should be there about 4.20, ill post some photos and crowd updates to the forum. see you guys there
No comments:
Post a Comment