marlon2006
09-14 12:30 PM
Growth could high, but economy is so small that would not necessarily make a lot of absolute difference. That said, sorry to tell you I heard that type of stories years ago when I landed in Canada in 1998. That's my personal opinion.
Good luck though.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/money/national/2006/09/14/imf-useconomy.html
Canadian economic growth to be best in G7 in 2007: IMF
Last Updated Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:59:50 EDT
CBC News
Canada's economy is poised to grow by 3.0 per cent next year, giving it the fastest growth among the G7 countries, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday in its semi-annual World Economic Outlook.
Canada's status as a major net exporter of energy will likely be enough to insulate it from the slowdowns that the IMF is forecasting for the U.S. and Europe.
The biggest risks to the Canadian growth story next year include a "substantial" further rise in the Canadian dollar or a "sharper-than-expected" slowing of the U.S. economy, as more than 80 per cent of Canada's exports are to the U.S.
"The Canadian economy continues to perform robustly, benefiting from its strong macroeconomic policy framework and the boom in global commodity prices,'' the IMF said.
A cooling housing market is likely to trigger the slowdown in the U.S. economy next year and could weigh on the global economy as well, it said.
Growth in the United States, which was particularly strong in the first half of this year, is expected to slow from 3.4 per cent this year to 2.9 per cent in 2007, the IMF said. In April, it had projected U.S. growth next year would reach 3.3 per cent.
"The concern remains that a sharp adjustment in the housing sector would generate strong headwinds for the U.S. economy," it said.
IMF pegs China's economic growth at 10%
Citing strong growth in China, the IMF raised its global growth forecast a quarter of a percentage point to 5.1 per cent this year and 4.9 per cent in 2007. But it warned that inflationary pressures, high oil prices and a possible abrupt slowdown in the U.S. could undermine global growth.
"The balance of risks to the global outlook is slanted to the downside," said the report, released in Singapore, where the IMF and World Bank will be holding their annual meetings next week.
The Washington-based fund also suggested that further U.S. interest rate hikes might be necessary.
The U.S. Federal Reserve "faces a difficult situation of rising inflation in a slowing economy, but given the importance of keeping inflation expectations in check, some further policy tightening may still be needed," it said.
In August, the Fed decided to keep its key short-term lending rate at 5.25 per cent after 17 straight hikes back to June 2004.
The IMF said "there will be a premium on the Federal Reserve clearly communicating its policy intentions" and suggested that it state more explicitly its medium-term inflation targets.
It also said the U.S. could help reduce global imbalances by setting a more ambitious deficit reduction path and put the budget in a stronger position to respond to future economic downturns.
Japan, the world's second-largest economy, will likely grow 2.7 per cent this year on the back of solid domestic demand, but should ease next year to 2.1 per cent, the IMF said.
It also said Japan should be careful to raise interest rates gradually to avoid a "costly" re-emergence of deflation, or falling prices.
In the euro area, stronger corporate balance sheets have helped bring about increased investment, rising employment and a more balanced expansion to the 12 countries that use the common currency, the report said.
Growth would rise to 2.4 per cent in 2006 before moderating to two per cent in 2007 largely due to scheduled tax increases in Germany, the report said.
China's sizzling economy will probably steam ahead with 10 per cent growth this year and next, propelled by surging exports, but the region could be hurt if China's investment boom sours, it warned.
The IMF also urged Beijing to raise the value of its currency, the yuan, saying that would help to cut its huge global trade gap � on pace this year to surpass last year's $102 billion US � and bolster households' purchasing power.
Growth in India, emerging as Asia's other major engine, would moderate to a still robust 8.3 per cent this year and 7.3 per cent next year.
Latin American economies would continue to lag behind other emerging economies, although growth prospects have increased in the region, with expansion expected at 4.75 per cent this year and 4.25 per cent in 2007.
Inflation in advanced economies was likely to increase modestly to 2.6 per cent in 2006 but start to decline next year as the upward impetus from oil price increases eases. Emerging markets would probably also be able to contain inflation pressures, it said.
The IMF was established in 1945 to help promote the health of the world economy. It works to foster economic and financial stability, prevent crises and can aid countries in trouble.
With files from the Associated Press
Good luck though.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/money/national/2006/09/14/imf-useconomy.html
Canadian economic growth to be best in G7 in 2007: IMF
Last Updated Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:59:50 EDT
CBC News
Canada's economy is poised to grow by 3.0 per cent next year, giving it the fastest growth among the G7 countries, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday in its semi-annual World Economic Outlook.
Canada's status as a major net exporter of energy will likely be enough to insulate it from the slowdowns that the IMF is forecasting for the U.S. and Europe.
The biggest risks to the Canadian growth story next year include a "substantial" further rise in the Canadian dollar or a "sharper-than-expected" slowing of the U.S. economy, as more than 80 per cent of Canada's exports are to the U.S.
"The Canadian economy continues to perform robustly, benefiting from its strong macroeconomic policy framework and the boom in global commodity prices,'' the IMF said.
A cooling housing market is likely to trigger the slowdown in the U.S. economy next year and could weigh on the global economy as well, it said.
Growth in the United States, which was particularly strong in the first half of this year, is expected to slow from 3.4 per cent this year to 2.9 per cent in 2007, the IMF said. In April, it had projected U.S. growth next year would reach 3.3 per cent.
"The concern remains that a sharp adjustment in the housing sector would generate strong headwinds for the U.S. economy," it said.
IMF pegs China's economic growth at 10%
Citing strong growth in China, the IMF raised its global growth forecast a quarter of a percentage point to 5.1 per cent this year and 4.9 per cent in 2007. But it warned that inflationary pressures, high oil prices and a possible abrupt slowdown in the U.S. could undermine global growth.
"The balance of risks to the global outlook is slanted to the downside," said the report, released in Singapore, where the IMF and World Bank will be holding their annual meetings next week.
The Washington-based fund also suggested that further U.S. interest rate hikes might be necessary.
The U.S. Federal Reserve "faces a difficult situation of rising inflation in a slowing economy, but given the importance of keeping inflation expectations in check, some further policy tightening may still be needed," it said.
In August, the Fed decided to keep its key short-term lending rate at 5.25 per cent after 17 straight hikes back to June 2004.
The IMF said "there will be a premium on the Federal Reserve clearly communicating its policy intentions" and suggested that it state more explicitly its medium-term inflation targets.
It also said the U.S. could help reduce global imbalances by setting a more ambitious deficit reduction path and put the budget in a stronger position to respond to future economic downturns.
Japan, the world's second-largest economy, will likely grow 2.7 per cent this year on the back of solid domestic demand, but should ease next year to 2.1 per cent, the IMF said.
It also said Japan should be careful to raise interest rates gradually to avoid a "costly" re-emergence of deflation, or falling prices.
In the euro area, stronger corporate balance sheets have helped bring about increased investment, rising employment and a more balanced expansion to the 12 countries that use the common currency, the report said.
Growth would rise to 2.4 per cent in 2006 before moderating to two per cent in 2007 largely due to scheduled tax increases in Germany, the report said.
China's sizzling economy will probably steam ahead with 10 per cent growth this year and next, propelled by surging exports, but the region could be hurt if China's investment boom sours, it warned.
The IMF also urged Beijing to raise the value of its currency, the yuan, saying that would help to cut its huge global trade gap � on pace this year to surpass last year's $102 billion US � and bolster households' purchasing power.
Growth in India, emerging as Asia's other major engine, would moderate to a still robust 8.3 per cent this year and 7.3 per cent next year.
Latin American economies would continue to lag behind other emerging economies, although growth prospects have increased in the region, with expansion expected at 4.75 per cent this year and 4.25 per cent in 2007.
Inflation in advanced economies was likely to increase modestly to 2.6 per cent in 2006 but start to decline next year as the upward impetus from oil price increases eases. Emerging markets would probably also be able to contain inflation pressures, it said.
The IMF was established in 1945 to help promote the health of the world economy. It works to foster economic and financial stability, prevent crises and can aid countries in trouble.
With files from the Associated Press
wallpaper Meghan McCain#39;s kind of a brat
reddymjm
01-31 01:35 AM
Check your meter reading, report it. Call your Landlord to see if the whole building or apartment complex is connected to your meter.
desighee
10-28 05:15 PM
What game and who are these people?
i think shraddha is a girl and saburi looks like a car similar to subaru
i think shraddha is a girl and saburi looks like a car similar to subaru
2011 Meghan McCain is single.
ThanksIV
07-17 06:32 PM
IV had done so much to me, donation is the least thing I can do.
Thanks IV!:D
Order Details - Jul 17, 2007 3:57 PM PDT
Google Order #9660370406*****
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Contribute 100 $100.00
Tax (CA) : $0.00
Total: $100.00
Thanks IV!:D
Order Details - Jul 17, 2007 3:57 PM PDT
Google Order #9660370406*****
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Contribute 100 $100.00
Tax (CA) : $0.00
Total: $100.00
more...
coolmanasip
07-19 10:35 AM
tnite.... thanks for the detailed reply........I forwarded this exchange to him........should make him happy and relaxed!!!
Thanks much!
Thanks much!
HKK
12-13 12:59 AM
I am going to new Delhi for h1b stamping in few days. While preparing my file for h1b stamping, I figured that my attorney has mentioned wrong SSN on for I-129. Past 4 numbers of SSN mentioned is last four digits of my phone number which is not right. Would it adversely affect my h1b stamping? What should I do? I am going to india after 4 years and I noticed this mistake at last moment. Somebody please help....!!!
I work in an immigration law office, so I know the general procedure.
Suggestion: First, inform your attorney of your intent to disclose this mistake with a state Bar and wait how he deals with it. Do not be afraid. This is due process and you have right to do it. Keep all mail receipts for records and copies of all and ANY correspondence with the attorney. Wait how he responds. Normally, your attorney should admit the mistake and straight things up with USCIS on himself.This is because an attorney can loose a license to practice in his state if he does not fix this after you file a complaint with state BAR. If you receive no feedback, you should inform a state BAR about this to protect your self. Then, go to a different attorney's office and try to work with a new attorney to straight things out. This is serious. Contact me via PM if you need more info. thanx.
Remember: USCIS keeps a copy of each thing you send. So, sooner or later this important mistake may surface and cause you trouble. That's why you need to fix this out.
I work in an immigration law office, so I know the general procedure.
Suggestion: First, inform your attorney of your intent to disclose this mistake with a state Bar and wait how he deals with it. Do not be afraid. This is due process and you have right to do it. Keep all mail receipts for records and copies of all and ANY correspondence with the attorney. Wait how he responds. Normally, your attorney should admit the mistake and straight things up with USCIS on himself.This is because an attorney can loose a license to practice in his state if he does not fix this after you file a complaint with state BAR. If you receive no feedback, you should inform a state BAR about this to protect your self. Then, go to a different attorney's office and try to work with a new attorney to straight things out. This is serious. Contact me via PM if you need more info. thanx.
Remember: USCIS keeps a copy of each thing you send. So, sooner or later this important mistake may surface and cause you trouble. That's why you need to fix this out.
more...
morchu
06-01 04:44 PM
If you "extension of status" is denied, you can "re-enter" only with a new visa stamping on your passport. Same applies for family.
USCIS most probably will issue RFEs if the exact dates of out of status is not clear. And eventually if it become obvious of 4 months of out of status, I think mostly your extension of status will be denied. Only exceptional situations / explanations can get an extension of status / change of status approved even with 4 months of out of status.
At this point, I suggest you plan for the return to home country (even if it is temporary), and if you can secure an offer, file for H1 and wait for its approval in your home country. I know it is painful, but please do plan for it, to make it less painful.
Staying out of status too long will even affect your next entry. And I think 4 months is long. But it is your choice.
Thank you for your immediate reply. I have 2 more questions as below :
My H1B is valid till 2011. I came through �A� company and this is my second employer (�B�). After I joined �B� company, I never went out of USA. �B� Company�s name is not reflected in my H1B visa (in passport). Only I have the copy of I129 with �B� company�s name. Now, I am no more with �B� company.
1. What is the process of re-enter to USA ? I mean, what type of documents I need to show to Immigration Dept ?
3. My families also need to re-enter to USA at the same time ?
Hopefully, I am able to explain my occurred situation correctly.
I need your valuable suggestion pls.
USCIS most probably will issue RFEs if the exact dates of out of status is not clear. And eventually if it become obvious of 4 months of out of status, I think mostly your extension of status will be denied. Only exceptional situations / explanations can get an extension of status / change of status approved even with 4 months of out of status.
At this point, I suggest you plan for the return to home country (even if it is temporary), and if you can secure an offer, file for H1 and wait for its approval in your home country. I know it is painful, but please do plan for it, to make it less painful.
Staying out of status too long will even affect your next entry. And I think 4 months is long. But it is your choice.
Thank you for your immediate reply. I have 2 more questions as below :
My H1B is valid till 2011. I came through �A� company and this is my second employer (�B�). After I joined �B� company, I never went out of USA. �B� Company�s name is not reflected in my H1B visa (in passport). Only I have the copy of I129 with �B� company�s name. Now, I am no more with �B� company.
1. What is the process of re-enter to USA ? I mean, what type of documents I need to show to Immigration Dept ?
3. My families also need to re-enter to USA at the same time ?
Hopefully, I am able to explain my occurred situation correctly.
I need your valuable suggestion pls.
2010 Meghan McCain Blasts Tea Party
dog123
09-18 06:01 PM
I got receipt on August 29 and approval e-mail on Today (September 18th).
Rashesh
Rashesh
more...
vin13
12-02 01:21 PM
We had a emergency situation last year. We had already filed our AP documents a couple of months ago but had not been approved. We went to USCIS office and showed hospital letter as a proof for emergency. They made us fill a new application and AP was approved in 1 day.
If you do not get help in one of the offices, try your luck at another USCIS office.
If you do not get help in one of the offices, try your luck at another USCIS office.
hair Is Meghan McCain, Miss
msp1976
02-12 10:28 AM
msp1976, I found out that it would take at least a month to get a new passport (is this right?), and I did not have time for it. I'll be sure to post my experience here.
Thank you!
I have heard of people getting passport in 1 day or so in New York...But you have to go in person.....The mail service would take longer....
Also once they give you a stanp for the whole duration.. as someone mentioned earlier...you need to carry the old passport and the new booklet they give you...That works out just fine.....
About what happnes at the POE depneds on the USCIS officer....It is just a draw of luck..
Thank you!
I have heard of people getting passport in 1 day or so in New York...But you have to go in person.....The mail service would take longer....
Also once they give you a stanp for the whole duration.. as someone mentioned earlier...you need to carry the old passport and the new booklet they give you...That works out just fine.....
About what happnes at the POE depneds on the USCIS officer....It is just a draw of luck..
more...
gcformeornot
12-31 02:09 PM
the sadest and unluckiest members of this forum..?
hot Meghan McCain
ssingh92
12-10 09:33 AM
I contributed $100 and sent the message to all desi (FENCE SITTERS) who were working with me including who have received their GC. I never convinced by a rally in DC but I am fully convinced by lobbying for GC. This is the way to go and the democracy in US works.
Can you guys accept $50 also for one time contribution. There is no option for $50. I talked to some GC guys some of them willing to donate $50 but not $100.
Thanks,
Can you guys accept $50 also for one time contribution. There is no option for $50. I talked to some GC guys some of them willing to donate $50 but not $100.
Thanks,
more...
house Article Page - Meghan McCain
justAnotherFile
07-11 09:18 PM
this is not a published article.
He has just taken the issue you emailed him, verbatim and posted it as an alert on this board. NO claims or copyrights on the verbiage.
so I guess it is ok.
He has just taken the issue you emailed him, verbatim and posted it as an alert on this board. NO claims or copyrights on the verbiage.
so I guess it is ok.
tattoo It looks like Meghan McCain
rharan
05-02 02:29 PM
Hello All,
My RIR (EB3) is still pending and the PD is Nov 2004.
My Perm (EB3) got approved April 2007.
Now I'm on 7th year H1b based on my RIR date.
If i file 140 based PERM and PD will be april 2007, If approved I'm eligible for 3 years H1 extension.
What happen if my RIR got approved? Can I file another I140 and retain my PD as Nov 2004?
Pl. advice.
Thanks
My RIR (EB3) is still pending and the PD is Nov 2004.
My Perm (EB3) got approved April 2007.
Now I'm on 7th year H1b based on my RIR date.
If i file 140 based PERM and PD will be april 2007, If approved I'm eligible for 3 years H1 extension.
What happen if my RIR got approved? Can I file another I140 and retain my PD as Nov 2004?
Pl. advice.
Thanks
more...
pictures is Meghan McCain,
surabhi
06-02 11:25 AM
Surabi. thanks a lot. gave a good insight. will contact an attorney.
but ONe thing I missed to mention : my h1 is only lottery-selected as of now.
So even if I apply for L1 extn, I dont know which might get approved first !! .
does that change anything ?
Nothing would change. If any, it'd be for better I guess.
So you dont know what the "last" action would be. If your L1 extension gets approved immediately with premium processing and H1 approval comes later with COS, then you dont have to go out.
If the situation is reversed, then it would be 1st or 3rd scenario, since 2nd scenario is not applicable.
but ONe thing I missed to mention : my h1 is only lottery-selected as of now.
So even if I apply for L1 extn, I dont know which might get approved first !! .
does that change anything ?
Nothing would change. If any, it'd be for better I guess.
So you dont know what the "last" action would be. If your L1 extension gets approved immediately with premium processing and H1 approval comes later with COS, then you dont have to go out.
If the situation is reversed, then it would be 1st or 3rd scenario, since 2nd scenario is not applicable.
dresses Meghan McCain Meghan McCain
sai
07-09 11:37 PM
I am in the same boat..
If we have a gap between the expiry and new EAD card,
we should not work thats for sure,
but wont have any issues of going out of status during the gap?
If we have a gap between the expiry and new EAD card,
we should not work thats for sure,
but wont have any issues of going out of status during the gap?
more...
makeup Meghan McCain#39;s Next Victim:
gcformeornot
12-31 02:22 PM
friends... its not going to affect IV agenda.... no law makers are working these days... we will try hard when they come back...... meanwhile few more clicks will secure your vote.... please do so.........
girlfriend Wanda Sykes, Meghan McCain
jonty_11
02-08 04:55 PM
steve,
I know a person who applied two H1s with two different employers A and B. He got reciept numbers for both H1s' After that he hot a ref asking about which company he is going to join with.
He replied as he is going to work for company A. USCIS again send a ref asking him , why he applied for H1 with two companies when he knows that he is going to work for company A. That issues is still going on.
I wish more of this wud happen to run these cheats out of business.
I know a person who applied two H1s with two different employers A and B. He got reciept numbers for both H1s' After that he hot a ref asking about which company he is going to join with.
He replied as he is going to work for company A. USCIS again send a ref asking him , why he applied for H1 with two companies when he knows that he is going to work for company A. That issues is still going on.
I wish more of this wud happen to run these cheats out of business.
hairstyles Meghan McCain
peer123
07-17 10:43 AM
I am also in somewhat same situation. My Employer didnot pay me for one month and didnot provide paystubs for 4 months. ANy way I sucessfully joined a large corporation as they were willing to listen to my situation. When I ask for pay they say they will suit me as I have joined the client.
I feel for you man, This is the main reason why left consulting with Desi firms long time ago. The act like parasites,... I am only referring to people who are so, I am not commenting on the large community of good employers....
I feel for you man, This is the main reason why left consulting with Desi firms long time ago. The act like parasites,... I am only referring to people who are so, I am not commenting on the large community of good employers....
iwantgc
05-08 10:15 AM
Hello all,
While I was out, the office of Congress called my home last night in regards to the email i sent them a month ago about the GC retrogression and H1B shortage. They asked me to return their call, I hold off calling them back because I'm confused of what to say, the thing is i don't want to disclose where I work (don't want to get my company involved). But really I am not sure what they have called me for given that email i sent them. Any ideas would be appreciated.
While I was out, the office of Congress called my home last night in regards to the email i sent them a month ago about the GC retrogression and H1B shortage. They asked me to return their call, I hold off calling them back because I'm confused of what to say, the thing is i don't want to disclose where I work (don't want to get my company involved). But really I am not sure what they have called me for given that email i sent them. Any ideas would be appreciated.
sri_chicago
05-14 06:24 PM
Hello friends,
On May 01,2009 my wife's I-485 status changed online that they requested additinal evidence. I have not received RFE letter as of now and also I am touch base with my attorney, my attorney's office also not received RFE letter. Please advice me what steps I have to take in this regard.
On May 01,2009 my wife's I-485 status changed online that they requested additinal evidence. I have not received RFE letter as of now and also I am touch base with my attorney, my attorney's office also not received RFE letter. Please advice me what steps I have to take in this regard.
No comments:
Post a Comment