Friday, June 3, 2011

prince william wedding card

prince william wedding card. prince william kate middleton
  • prince william kate middleton



  • jb510
    Jan 4, 03:44 PM
    A year or two ago I too would have lambasted the decision not to include maps, but having seen how HORRIFICALLY bad Navigon's POI database is I'll gladly take downloaded maps if it means when I search for something I can actually find it. Navigon mitigated this some by utilizing google search, but it's still pathetic that I can't find 80% of the nearby businesses in Navigon.

    I've been through 3 Garmin's and loved every one of them. Since my last one was stolen I've lived with Navigon my iPhone. I've never felt it was worth paying for between the horrible iPod integration (volume, podcasts) and pitful POI database.

    Assuming there is some caching of maps I think it'll work great, even if the caching isn't persistant (ie. even if it had to download the map from my house to work every day... oh wait I work from home, but you know what I mean right?).





    prince william wedding card. 2011 Wedding Trend: Bi
  • 2011 Wedding Trend: Bi



  • MikhailT
    Mar 28, 11:34 PM
    Ok so maybe off track but how much longer can the Darwin/Mach underpinings of both OS X and iOS last?

    How long till we get to a much better way of doing the lowest level of stuff that Apple starts transitioning the OS to a new kernal. Reading the wiki page for the Mach kernal it would seem many of Mach functions are either duplicated or at least extracted in to newer OS features like grand central. Plus they've put alot of investment in to the LLVM compiler chain.

    I guess I'm wondering if "the Future of iOS and OS X" doesn't involve Mach? Lion/5 being the last in that line. With Apple taking the WWDC to discuss what's coming after these two as much as what's in these two. You'd imagine that transition would be a two year public plan to make sure developers are getting themselves ready and it seems like Lion/5 will be in reasonable shape for those that need to delay a the transition for their own work reasons.

    Makes it sound like Apple will keep the two brandings to distinguish the two user experiences.

    Apple already overhauled the kernel in Snow Leopard, it's designed to last another decade or two. The kernel is fine and doesn't need to be replaced. It's the file system that needs to be changed out on the Macs.

    Also both cores of iOS/Mac OS X are based on the same OS X core. It's the middle/front ends that are optimized for the medium, iOS for touchscreen mobile devices and Mac OS X for computers with keyboard/mouse/multi-touch.





    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card
  • prince william wedding card



  • tjcampbell
    Apr 19, 09:48 AM
    Looks great. I'm a fan of the expose on there.





    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • *LTD*
    May 5, 04:03 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Laptop Hunters Reloaded.

    Predictable result: record Mac sales this quarter. Pretty much what's been happening every quarter. MS and Ballmer have been bleating the same tired garbage for years: Macs are expensive, get a PC!

    Except now, the netbook market is drying up, Apple has passed everyone in profit, market cap, etc., MS Windoze Phone 2007 is about as exciting as waiting for a NoDo update, and they have sweet f all in the tablet market. MS is moving from embarrassment to embarrassment. They should just allow users to install Office on the Xbox and play with Clippy.

    MS latest campaign is attacking Apple at the top of their game, when they're changing the face if tech across the board. And MS wants to tell consumers to please please buy a ****** PC instead?? Really?? Totally insane.

    Of course, unsurprisingly, Steve Ballmer actually thinks this is a brilliant idea.



    more...


    prince william wedding card. Prince William amp;amp; Kateamp;#39
  • Prince William amp;amp; Kateamp;#39



  • D*I*S_Frontman
    Nov 21, 07:53 PM
    Nothing new. I remember playing around with this as a science experiment in the early 80's. Dissimilar metals sandwiched together--put one end in ice, the other in hot coffee--walaah! Current sufficient to make a fan turn. Hook up the same device to a battery, and one side gets slightly colder while the other gets slightly warmer.

    The obvious problem is that the system requires isolated extremes of temperature to do aything. After an hour of use, my MBP's lower case is uniformly warm. Once a thermoelectric device is at a uniform temperature, it ceases to work, if you are using it as a way to convert heat into electricity. If you power the device with electricity in order to cool a laptop CPU, then the other half of the device will be throwing out MORE heat--which the singed hairs on your upper thighs will attest to when you are using your system as a "laptop".

    The only time it would work with any effectiveness would be if you took your room-temp cold MBP and, immediately after start-up, tasked a huge Photoshop render file that pounded on the CPUs. At least for a while, the temp differential would give you some electricity back.





    prince william wedding card. prince william invitation card
  • prince william invitation card



  • torbjoern
    May 6, 06:15 AM
    What???
    It probably depends on the specifics of the network you want to build, but overall, I always found it ridiculously easy to build a Mac OS network than a Windows one.
    You may want to provide specific examples on how networking in OS X is 'insanely hard' as compared to Windows.

    Even under Linux, it's easier than in Windows.



    more...


    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card
  • prince william wedding card



  • ngenerator
    Mar 13, 10:32 AM
    It's Sunday....who cares?

    Haha, I remember being really late one DST morning that I had to work. I worked in a call center that was open 7 days a week, and I only realized I was late when one of my friends/coworkers called with a question that I was used to only taking at work, not at home. It was hilarious, at the time.





    prince william wedding card. Royal wedding fans will be
  • Royal wedding fans will be



  • bloodycape
    Apr 24, 02:13 PM
    An 11in model with a little less bezel, a wide gamut matte or anti-glare screen with a min of 350nits, firewire min, sd card slot, and LV i core cpu(don't need much gpu power as the intel 4500hd on my Vaio works with my needs perfectly).



    more...


    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • InuNacho
    May 5, 04:18 PM
    Unless Microsoft is selling me Atari Jaguars they shouldn't tell me to "Do the Math".





    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • studiomusic
    Nov 21, 04:56 PM
    Hey, they're just down the road from me... I might just have to go see what they're up to...;)



    more...


    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • iLucas
    Apr 24, 09:17 PM
    Wow I had no idea you have to pay 9% now

    Looked it up to make sure, it is indeed 9%
    heres the fact page (http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fvf.html)





    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • fyrefly
    Apr 22, 08:36 PM
    If you are correct the i5 processors are obviously going to be more expensive meaning they will have te same situation with the backlit keyboard

    The i5 processors are the same price (or less) as the LV C2D they're using now. The SL9400 costs $284. The i5-2537 that's in the Samsung Series 9 costs $250.

    The SL9600 costs $316. The comparable i7 LV SB processor costs $316.

    Plus there's no 320m cost, so that component costs conceivably go down with a SB MBA making room to re-add the BL keyboard.

    Speaking of:

    It is the same with the backlit keyboard on the MBA, which was for years a standard feature. To take it away now in order to 'differentiate' it from the pro models, is total bull....!!

    Although of course no-one but Apple knows the real reason - I maintain that the BL keyboard wasn't removed due to "luxury" or size, or battery life. I'm 99.99% sure it was to keep the cost down, to hit that $999 price-point and keep 30% margins.

    Therefore, if a SB (or IB if Apple decides to leave it's new marquee portable completely stagnant for almost 2 years...) MBA saves on component costs via not being able to use the 320m - it could conceivably put the BL keyboard back in.

    Besides:

    Wanting a backlit keyboard isn't as unreasonable as you think it is... esp since the previous gen Air had it.

    This. :)

    Why does everybody repeat the mantra 'Ivy Bridge'? Will it make the Intel's HD 3000 perform better in some kind of mysterious magical way? Or do you expect that by the time IB is released Intel will have developed a new, presumably better, IGP? Shall we expect the same comments "Intel IGP sucks I'm gonna skip IB and wait for whatever-bridge" again next year?

    Exactly. If I had loads of time on my hands, I know I could find loads of comments (probably from the same posters) last year saying "Ugh, Arrandale IGP sucks, I hope Apple waits till Sandy Bridge!"

    There'll be just as many Intel IGP haters when Ivy Bridge is released, and only "matches" the 320m.

    Get with it people - at some point we're gonna lose the 320m. If it's not with SB, then it'll be with IB and the graphics will still not get "better" than the 320m. It sucks - I agree - but it's inevitable.

    Almost all people in this thread sound like they want to buy a Mac mini (MBA), but want at the same time the features of a Mac Pro (MBP). Silly.

    Yeah, this is the MBA-forum, but it does not make this discussion thread better.

    :rolleyes:

    What are you talking about? We're all here 'cause we love the MBA. Would we all like a more powerful MBA? Of course - why not? Right now the MBP's rival the some late-model Mac Pro's. Why not desire more power in a portable (CPU, Graphics, or otherwise?).



    more...


    prince william wedding card. Royal wedding fans will be
  • Royal wedding fans will be



  • Stella
    Apr 15, 08:41 AM
    Working at Microsoft is not a detriment to his career. It's a boon. I think you'd be hard pressed to find people who would refuse to work at the most successful software company in the world, except the most zealot-minded Apple fanboys, such as we have here. I understand why people downvote the story, but for goodness' sake, I'm fairly sure Apple's HR people know better than us. Give him a freaking break. He's going go to do a job 8000 times better than any random schmuck off the streets (or on these forums for that matter), and that's why he got it.

    Working at large, very successful companies isn't always the best. It depends where your priorities are. If you want a good life / work balance then Apple, Google etc ( as a software developer for example ) certainly wouldn't be a great move. However, you'd probably learn a lot by working there too. It would of course look great on your resume.





    prince william wedding card. a wedding card to Prince
  • a wedding card to Prince



  • scandalous sc
    Aug 19, 02:39 PM
    Even with the new update today I still couldn't log in, it wasn't until I turned off BiteSMSsb in Mobilesubstrate via SBsettings and the Facebook app finally worked!



    more...


    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • rpenzinger
    Apr 5, 09:57 AM
    and in september iPad 3 will move to #1 spot putting iPad 2 in second and original iPad in 3rd. And in 2012 iPad 4 will move to first...but i digress.

    First off, leave my post alone.
    Secondly you will see iPad 3 as early as September if competition is stiff. Only if iPad 2 retains major market share will Apple will delay release of iPad 3 until 2012, thus extending revenues from iPad 2.





    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • iJohnHenry
    May 3, 07:25 AM
    commanded by Bin Laden's second in command...

    Next!!

    Now serving Number 2.



    more...


    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • ILikeTurtles
    May 2, 01:51 PM
    The white iphone 4 plastic edge seems very slightly thicker though.

    It's a GD optical illusion! Jesus H people. Really.





    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • RacerX
    Apr 3, 01:43 PM
    Great post. I've heard of Pages by Pages, but I didn't think that Apple's Pages was a direct descendant. While I took programming classes in college on a NeXT box, I never used the app and thought it was more of a classic word processor.
    A lot of people didn't give Pages a try back then... it was a little expensive ($795), and I was using FrameMaker for papers on NeXT systems back then.

    As for the rest of the discussion about comparing Pages to other apps...

    I think it's absolutely fair to compare Pages to what else is out there...
    What I see Pages as trying to do (again) is to define a new category.

    I've seen the same thing happen with Create. When people try to do a toe-to-toe line up on some other app's specialty area, it is going to fall short. Compare Create to Illustrator in doing illustration and Illustrator wins... But it should, after all it is a dedicated illustration app, while Create is not. Compare Create to InDesign or QuarkXPress for page layout and those other apps win... But they should, after all they are dedicated layout apps. Further, all those dedicated apps cost far more than Create.

    The problem is that most people hold up what is new to what they know. I think that if something like Create was held up to QuarkXPress looking at both apps illustration abilities, that would be just as fair. It is when we restrict these newer (to most people) apps to categories that they are not attempting to compete in directly that the comparisons fall far short.

    I truly believe that apps like Pages and Create fill voids that exist in the software industry today. First, they don't cost as much as high end solutions. Second, they address some ranges of users which other companies try to force into high or low end apps. The gulf between the high end and low end has been getting larger over the years.

    Pages lets people with little background make quality documents. Create provides a middle ground for people with experience that don't have the money or need for the top of the line professional apps.

    Rather than pushing these into other categories, we should embrace these apps for filling these gaps in our (collective) software selection.

    As I said, Pages, is not for me... but it is a solution for someone and I recognize that. And I sure don't need (or want) Apple to redefine it around my needs at the expense of those it is design to serve.

    :rolleyes:

    I guess the point I'm trying to make is that just because Pages isn't the app that some people want it to be doesn't make it a bad app or one that doesn't have it's place in the computing world.





    prince william wedding card. prince william wedding card.
  • prince william wedding card.



  • Dreadnought
    Jun 23, 05:50 PM
    Cool redeye, thanks for the update! And it's here about the same, the heat that is. Too hot to get some sleep. So, installing the widget at 00:48 CET is the best thing to do! :D And I think it's time to get this baby out of its Beta status and make it version 1.05. After this update, you have earned your rest, for the weekend that is :p





    Orion09
    Apr 4, 11:50 AM
    Im tryin to print some episodes to tape and runnin into some issues. I have been doing this with no problem for a couple years now but no more...My setup to give you an idea is Firewire out of my mac into my tapedeck and a/v out of my tapedeck into a monitor just to make sure everything is ok. When i play my video it usually has a straight stream to my monitor through the tapedeck but what its doing now is just playing the audio and showing the first frame of the video and nothing else till i stop the video, then it changes the first frame to the last frame i stopped the video on. When I try to print to tape it will record the audio and just the frame that the playhead was on when I hit record. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem before, its kinda strange. I have restarted FCP, refresed the A/V devices checked my settings and not sure whats goin on. There is a connection because it brings the picture and audio in, it just wont stream the video to my tape deck. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.





    srf4real
    Sep 28, 06:04 PM
    I think we'll see 10.4.good buddy before Leopard is available:p





    Bosunsfate
    Nov 21, 04:53 PM
    If you want to power the temperature change yourself, you need a high current. But if you want to generate electricity from them, then just connect them into a circuit with out any powersupply i.e. stick a fan's power terminals on that, stick one side of the TEC on a hot chip or cup of tea etc. to setup the delta T. (temp difference) then the fan will start spinning!


    Dan :-)

    So if I follow this correctly. Since the fan does not draw much, you don't need that large of a temperature differential.





    whooleytoo
    Jun 11, 06:25 AM
    Originally posted by markjs
    I do audio and video editing on my PC, I can't think of anything a Mac can do my computer can't (and I'll wager I'll do anything cheaper, and being poor that's a serious consideration to me), and what is the big draw to the Mac. I realize this isn't the best forum for a two sided debate, but I am thowing it out there anyway.




    redeye be
    Jul 20, 12:23 PM
    I think the 2.5 years have passed, so it's time for another update!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment