Apple OC
May 2, 08:39 PM
Unless the microgenetics machines are small, well, there are several stages in DNA transcription and reverse transcriptase, which would make several conditions unsuitable. Heat destroys it. It can be awfully slow. There are at least 6 stages using different equipment.
They are not testing his DNA for a court of law ... just verifying that he is the one who deserves to be the dead guy
They are not testing his DNA for a court of law ... just verifying that he is the one who deserves to be the dead guy
Multimedia
Sep 27, 12:40 PM
yeah, bring it on.
10.4.7 is a total crap.
It caused kernel panic in my computer and made it behave totally erratic. I had to uninstall back to 10.4.6
I hope the new upgrade will solve many issues that were created by 10.4.7:mad:On your Quad G5? It runs like butta on mine. Did you make sure to use the Combo updater and not the Software Update incremental 10.4.7 updater? I always use the Combo.
10.4.7 is a total crap.
It caused kernel panic in my computer and made it behave totally erratic. I had to uninstall back to 10.4.6
I hope the new upgrade will solve many issues that were created by 10.4.7:mad:On your Quad G5? It runs like butta on mine. Did you make sure to use the Combo updater and not the Software Update incremental 10.4.7 updater? I always use the Combo.
bartelby
Nov 14, 08:47 AM
"Mummy, why is that man watching those naked people doing things to each other." :p
It will happen.
I thought iGary had trouble getting on flights!
It will happen.
I thought iGary had trouble getting on flights!
mrsir2009
Apr 5, 01:44 PM
That must mean I'm not normal. :D
Same here, I do stuff on my MacBook Pro beyond the iPad's capabilities :eek:
Same here, I do stuff on my MacBook Pro beyond the iPad's capabilities :eek:
more...
tvguru
Sep 25, 11:18 AM
See the previous posts. A number of Fuji cameras that were not supported now are.
Alright, I didn't read it that way the first time, but went back over them and see how I should have read it that way. :o
Alright, I didn't read it that way the first time, but went back over them and see how I should have read it that way. :o
stagmeister
Aug 19, 09:52 AM
As long as you don't have to tell the world where you are. I have been seriously thinking about deleting my facebook acct.
more...
jmsait19
Sep 25, 09:52 AM
Events are no fun without live coverage. :(
agreed... i wanna know now!
agreed... i wanna know now!
thejadedmonkey
Nov 17, 03:24 PM
I think this kid is great, I hope he puts up the good fight!
more...
Abstract
Sep 17, 07:14 AM
Is this a joke or what? Are people that work in retail different to the rest of us? Am I missing something here?
Think different. Think about long-term discounts........and relationships (with Apple!)
Think different. Think about long-term discounts........and relationships (with Apple!)
Prom1
Mar 27, 10:08 PM
Doing Lion evaluation and testing I upgraded a Snow Leopard drive (an external clone of a working system drive) to Lion, BUT I GOOFED and somehow upgraded to Lion Server! It attempted to upgrade my server settings, which of course were not present, but did see the existing server and integrated itself into Open Directory it provided.
My conclusion from this mini-disaster is that unlike other OS X server versions, this one will be capable of an upgrade installation. That is great news! I'm still concerned about the apparently missing services, but I think we all need to wait for Snow Leopard Server BETAs instead of just relying on this Developer Preview. At that time I'll also be trying an upgrade of Snow Leopard Server cloned on an external drives.
(FWIW, I don't intend on running any of these Lion pre-releases on any internal drive because I don't have a system that I can risk.)
Awesome! Thanks for the update.
My conclusion from this mini-disaster is that unlike other OS X server versions, this one will be capable of an upgrade installation. That is great news! I'm still concerned about the apparently missing services, but I think we all need to wait for Snow Leopard Server BETAs instead of just relying on this Developer Preview. At that time I'll also be trying an upgrade of Snow Leopard Server cloned on an external drives.
(FWIW, I don't intend on running any of these Lion pre-releases on any internal drive because I don't have a system that I can risk.)
Awesome! Thanks for the update.
more...
xIGmanIx
Apr 5, 10:24 AM
All this post does is make him sound like you can barely handle the iPad. if that is the case, don't get a Xoom, way to advanced for you, you know things like widgets and usb
I have used a Moto Xoom. Honeycomb requires you learn a new user interface. Instead of a nice seamless experience where you can get right in to using apps, you have to learn about the literally 3 or 4 different ways to trigger, dismiss, and access apps. If they're utilities, they're accessed one way. If they're apps, you've got an app menu and a desktop-style metaphor to try-- either works. It's confusing as hell. I mean, you can LEARN anything, but why would you want to.
Bottom line-- a Xoom is $800, it's far less functional, and it's far more confusing to use.
I have used a Moto Xoom. Honeycomb requires you learn a new user interface. Instead of a nice seamless experience where you can get right in to using apps, you have to learn about the literally 3 or 4 different ways to trigger, dismiss, and access apps. If they're utilities, they're accessed one way. If they're apps, you've got an app menu and a desktop-style metaphor to try-- either works. It's confusing as hell. I mean, you can LEARN anything, but why would you want to.
Bottom line-- a Xoom is $800, it's far less functional, and it's far more confusing to use.
JackAttack!
May 1, 07:57 PM
I have a beta code for gamestop, but I don't see a Mac version available, where can I download this?
more...
Al Coholic
Apr 19, 10:24 AM
I am totally blown away by all the attention this thing is getting.
You guys do know this is just a white version of the ip4, right? It all works the same as the black one. ;)
You guys do know this is just a white version of the ip4, right? It all works the same as the black one. ;)
ChrisA
Nov 11, 09:32 PM
American Camera? Err.... I don't know any American brand that makes cameras... :rolleyes:
Here is by far the coolest American camera company "Red" It ultra high def video but still a "camera".
http://red.com/index.htm
Others off the top of my head....
Cambo -- www.cambo.com
Horseman -- www.horsemanusa.com
Zone VI
Wisner
Kodak,
Polaroid,
THat's off the top of my head. Most of the american campanies make profesional cameras. The 1st 4 above make view camera. I can think of a half dozen more but I don't want to chace then down to see if they are still in bussines.
Here is by far the coolest American camera company "Red" It ultra high def video but still a "camera".
http://red.com/index.htm
Others off the top of my head....
Cambo -- www.cambo.com
Horseman -- www.horsemanusa.com
Zone VI
Wisner
Kodak,
Polaroid,
THat's off the top of my head. Most of the american campanies make profesional cameras. The 1st 4 above make view camera. I can think of a half dozen more but I don't want to chace then down to see if they are still in bussines.
more...
Ryan1524
May 26, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by wsteineker
Ok, here's a nightmare for you just to illustrate the kind of headaches we're talking about. First, let me start by saying that I upgraded my Cube from OS 9.2.2 to OS X 10.1 all the way through 10.2.4 with no problems, and that I recently installed a Pioneer A05 DVD-R/RW in my Quicksilver tower without so much as a hiccup. So on to my Windows XP hell...
<snip>
wow. that sounds pretty bad. but i 'think' your experience is isolated, or at least represents only a small portion of XP users, proper XP users.
let me tell you my story with M$ to give you the idea why i'm quite appreciative of XP.
i started with 3.1, on to 95, 98, 2000, ME (what were they smoking), etc... i've been living on computers all my life and folowed M$'s development (or lack of - for that matter).
my nightmares was very evident on 98. nothing worked and i had to do everything manually. good thing i was quite patient and know what i'm doing. but after 2 years of W98-SE on a P3 750, 40GB hdd and 512MB ram and 32MB Riva TNT2 (i'm always a step behind, i'm not made of money.. :p), it's staring to go bad, like a plate of food that slowly rots away. at the end, my computing experience with 98 is as follows: 1 out of 5 boot tries will succeed (not just stuck on the startup screen). 1 out of 5 of those succesfull boot ups wil allow me to use the computer, instead of crashing as soon as i move the mouse, which brings me back to trying to get the computer to start for me.
i was sick of it and my friend easily talked me into installing XP after i persisted not to for over 3 months since release. i did a clean install after backing up my data and it worked like a charm. it's been two years now and my computer's been doing great, i only have to restart it every month or so, sometimes i can go two months without restarting. but the past couple of months, as the plate's rotting away, i have to restart every 3 days or so. to avoid a system crash. thankfully, it's just a freeze-up and no data is lost during these periodic crashes (knock on wood). other than the 3 day crash thing, it's never given me problems. so i'm quite satisfied. my appreciation might have come from using a better OS after the 98 hell, but i think XP is in itself a good OS, not the best, but good enough. for now at least. :) ;)
Ok, here's a nightmare for you just to illustrate the kind of headaches we're talking about. First, let me start by saying that I upgraded my Cube from OS 9.2.2 to OS X 10.1 all the way through 10.2.4 with no problems, and that I recently installed a Pioneer A05 DVD-R/RW in my Quicksilver tower without so much as a hiccup. So on to my Windows XP hell...
<snip>
wow. that sounds pretty bad. but i 'think' your experience is isolated, or at least represents only a small portion of XP users, proper XP users.
let me tell you my story with M$ to give you the idea why i'm quite appreciative of XP.
i started with 3.1, on to 95, 98, 2000, ME (what were they smoking), etc... i've been living on computers all my life and folowed M$'s development (or lack of - for that matter).
my nightmares was very evident on 98. nothing worked and i had to do everything manually. good thing i was quite patient and know what i'm doing. but after 2 years of W98-SE on a P3 750, 40GB hdd and 512MB ram and 32MB Riva TNT2 (i'm always a step behind, i'm not made of money.. :p), it's staring to go bad, like a plate of food that slowly rots away. at the end, my computing experience with 98 is as follows: 1 out of 5 boot tries will succeed (not just stuck on the startup screen). 1 out of 5 of those succesfull boot ups wil allow me to use the computer, instead of crashing as soon as i move the mouse, which brings me back to trying to get the computer to start for me.
i was sick of it and my friend easily talked me into installing XP after i persisted not to for over 3 months since release. i did a clean install after backing up my data and it worked like a charm. it's been two years now and my computer's been doing great, i only have to restart it every month or so, sometimes i can go two months without restarting. but the past couple of months, as the plate's rotting away, i have to restart every 3 days or so. to avoid a system crash. thankfully, it's just a freeze-up and no data is lost during these periodic crashes (knock on wood). other than the 3 day crash thing, it's never given me problems. so i'm quite satisfied. my appreciation might have come from using a better OS after the 98 hell, but i think XP is in itself a good OS, not the best, but good enough. for now at least. :) ;)
Dreadnought
May 28, 08:25 AM
My mistake, this is better!!
more...
tvguru
Sep 25, 10:28 AM
Another event, yet another disappointment.
Personally all I wanted was iLife integration and from the looks of things I got that. Everything else is just a welcomed bonus.
Personally all I wanted was iLife integration and from the looks of things I got that. Everything else is just a welcomed bonus.
MarcBook
Apr 5, 11:11 AM
I would be surprised if Apple reverted to having the headphone jack on the bottom of the iPhone next to the charging slot. This seems very suspect to me.
This is an iPod touch we're dealing with here, not an iPhone.
Also, I agree with pmz above. People agreeing with the idea of a capacitative button aren't thinking it through. It would be a real pain in the butt and would quickly have people returning the device. Playing games such as Real Racing 2 (which most people play while placing their thumbs either side of the screen in landscape orientation), for example, would be impossible. :eek:
This is an iPod touch we're dealing with here, not an iPhone.
Also, I agree with pmz above. People agreeing with the idea of a capacitative button aren't thinking it through. It would be a real pain in the butt and would quickly have people returning the device. Playing games such as Real Racing 2 (which most people play while placing their thumbs either side of the screen in landscape orientation), for example, would be impossible. :eek:
kainjow
Oct 26, 08:15 PM
Can somebody explain to me why anybody would want to pay $100/year for an email account with only 1 GB of storage?
Um, you get more than just an email account. You get an iDisk. You can easy iCal/iPhoto publishing, you get syncing of your data with all of your Macs. Lots of non-Apple apps provide easy publishing of your info to your iDisk.
I'd recommend .Mac to anyone who wants to do this kind of stuff. Can you think of a way to do all of the above for < $100/year without being an uber geek who knows all about FTP and WebDAV and POP/SMTP? :D
Um, you get more than just an email account. You get an iDisk. You can easy iCal/iPhoto publishing, you get syncing of your data with all of your Macs. Lots of non-Apple apps provide easy publishing of your info to your iDisk.
I'd recommend .Mac to anyone who wants to do this kind of stuff. Can you think of a way to do all of the above for < $100/year without being an uber geek who knows all about FTP and WebDAV and POP/SMTP? :D
GUILTIE
Mar 13, 10:06 AM
Mine went an hour backwards last night, but it has corrected itself this morning. Strange...:confused:
rdowns
Mar 27, 08:43 AM
And cut what?
Medicare fraud
Defense spending
Reducing the ridiculous layers of federal, state and local government
Corporate and farm subsidies
Welfare fraud
That's a good start.
Medicare fraud
Defense spending
Reducing the ridiculous layers of federal, state and local government
Corporate and farm subsidies
Welfare fraud
That's a good start.
str1f3
Dec 29, 12:52 AM
This is the stupidest POS news. AM I RIGHT? Can't buy an iPhone ONLINE in NY for a day and something is interesting about this? I can't believe CNBC is so anxiously awaiting tablet and new iphone news that they think this is significant.
This has been going on for a long time. You could not order an iPhone for at least for the past month from AT&T in New York state. I know. I tried and family members have tried as well. I thought it was a website error originally until criss1205 had mentioned it. It's just that nobody had checked this out until a couple of days ago.
This has been going on for a long time. You could not order an iPhone for at least for the past month from AT&T in New York state. I know. I tried and family members have tried as well. I thought it was a website error originally until criss1205 had mentioned it. It's just that nobody had checked this out until a couple of days ago.
PowerFullMac
Oct 25, 09:40 AM
I might be there tomorrow not sure yet though... I haven't received word from my inside contact :D so im guessing not. :(
Eraserhead
Jun 10, 08:03 AM
http://guides.macrumors.com/Buying_a_PowerBook_versus_iBook
Isn't getting a new category as it is suggested for deletion.
Isn't getting a new category as it is suggested for deletion.
No comments:
Post a Comment