Monday, June 27, 2011

Slowly, but surely making a return...

I am going to phase myself back into the blogging world, and just the whole social world in a general sense. For the better part of the last 4 1/2 months I have been completely avoiding family, friends, phones calls, emailing, and pretty much any source or communication you can think of. Some friends get it, while others want to give me a hard time. You have the friends who have been there (been pregnant) and get it on a whole different level, you have the really good friends that haven't been there but totally get it and just feel bad (which is greatly appreciated), then you get the friends who make you feel like absolute shit (for lack of a better word!) about it. I have to say those people are more few and far in between, but they are there, and they are not at the top of my list of favorites right now.

But for those of you who have not judged, not stopped checking the blog, haven't "un-followed" me yet..I appreciate it MORE than you know. For me pregnancy has been somewhat draining, and not only in the physically and emotionally sense, but in the way that it has drained the "me" out of me.  Hence the lack of writing...

On a much lighter note, I am in the process of completely re-vamping the blog. Blog design, blog title, and a new domain. I feel like in life, it's time for a fresh start. My blog has been great to be over it's first year, and I have enjoyed it so much I want to continue it! The content won't change much...of course now that my life is going to be a tad bit different, my stories, interests, and priorities might shift, but who I am and what I love and write about won't change 100%.

I have still been shopping people!! It's just been Baby Gap and Destination Maternity lately!! And I am still in house re-decorating mode, but there is also nursery planning in there too!

So while I try to remain the content to be true to the original purpose of this blog, me being a first time Mamma will be coming out too. I hope you want to join me for the ride. Whether you have babies, want babies, or hate babies, I am sure I will have some entertaining stories to share as I learn how to live off of no sleep, change diapers, and make my life not only about poop, but about shopping for poop protection accessories!

This Friday I will be making a big announcement as to whether this littler person growing inside of me is a boy or a girl...and I will definitely share that on here once I know!

But today I will leave you with this. My top 5 Likes and Dislikes about this whole pregnancy scene....because, well, that's what's on my mind on this beautiful sunny Monday morning!

Let's start with dislikes first....

1.  Nausea. It's not fun during a hangover after a night of heavy drinking, it's definitely not fun when you haven't even had the night of drinking excuse!

2.  Appetite. I seriously could eat a house. An ENTIRE house. At any moment of any day. It's ridiculous. I wanted to be one of those pregnant ladies who looks fab, eats healthy, and maintains an exercise routine. But boy was I wrong when I thought that was possible. For some it might be, and maybe for my next pregnancy it will be, but for this round, it's a waking up out of a dead sleep, ready to dry heave extreme feeling of hunger. Not cool. At least I'm getting ready for my midnight feedings??

3.  Lack of sleep/Exhaustion. I am tired anyway, because, well pregnant people are just tired. But when you don't sleep (because your up eating triscuits every other hour), and your tired anyway, you end up being a hot mess most days.

4.  Migraines. When you are on anti-nausea meds that they typically prescribe to Chemo patients to stop vomiting and help with the dry heaves, you get the wonderful side affect of migraines. Which then you have to offset with as much Tylenol as your allowed. And let me tell you...Tylenol is junk. I'm an Advil kind of girl and Tylenol is a pathetic alternative in my opinions.

5.  Last but not least, the obvious, weight gain. I don't care if you are pregnant, not pregnant, gaining weight sucks. And I know its inevitable, but that does not mean its not emotionally hard when you are programmed to eat right, eat little, and work out hard.

Now onto the LIKES!

1.  I am almost 18 weeks, which is 2 weeks closer to the halfway point! It's really exciting to getting so far along, the time does go by quickly, and that is a good thing.

2.  Poking my stomach to try to get the baby to move because I want to feel it! I haven't had any movement to feel yet, but it's fun to lie still, poke a little bit and wait. The anticipation of feeling a kick is exciting!

3.  Ultrasounds. Seeing your baby, look like a baby on a screen.  To see their feet, their bones, their brain, and watch them stretch and role is beyond amazing.

4.  Planning a Nursery. I love decorating, and doing rooms over, and it's so much fun to research ideas and plan what this cute and cozy little room will look like!

5.  To have a little person that will love you forever at the end. I can not wait to meet this little person and try my hardest to be the best Mom I can be. Being pregnant sucks beyond belief, but the end result, the outcome of the misery seems like the most magical thing ever. I can't wait to see what it looks like, watch it grow, and be there for this little person when they need me most. I am not a Mom yet, but I can totally  get why people say parenting is the best job in the world. I'm 22 weeks away from experiencing something amazing, and I honestly can not wait!

So that's it for now!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and have a beautiful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment