Monday, June 25, 2007

Pirates Walk-off Protest/Rally

Pirate Fans Plan Massive Protest of 14 years of losing Baseball.

As a lot of you know, Pirate fans are organizing a group walk-off, or walk-out on June 30th. To protest ownership's handling of the organization. Here are some details about their plans.

They are having a press conference at 2PM on Tuesday at the Clemente statue.

Anyone who wants to come participate in a 2PM Tuesday Press Conference at the Clemente statue is welcome and encourage to come.

Saturday Night June 30th - Rally starts at 5PM with special guest speakers from 5:30 to 6:45PM. They are asking everyone to wear a green shirt to the game that night and leave their seats in the 3rd inning.

Now, if you watch my show, I say on almost weekly basis Pirate ownership should be held at fault the most for the recent years of losing. I know they are hoping for at least 15,000 people to participate. I'm not going to list the reasons to be upset with the Pirates...I'm sure we all have many, but if your a local person, you can add Pirates' Media Manager Jim Trinich's remarks about Organization not caring about the people in Armstrong County to the list.

It's going to be very interesting how things go, I said before it's difficult to get someone to give up $10,000,000.00+ a year in just about guaranted revenue, maybe enough public embarrassed might change that, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment