THX1139
Sep 20, 02:32 AM
I can confirm that SATA drives run at full speed now in WindowsXP.
You got this from the update? Does this mean we no longer need to slipstream the drivers to get XP to recognize the drives at normal speed?
Having to deal with the slow drives is keeping me from installing Windows. If the update makes that easier, I might go for it. I'll probably put Windows on it's own drive and then boot off it.
You got this from the update? Does this mean we no longer need to slipstream the drivers to get XP to recognize the drives at normal speed?
Having to deal with the slow drives is keeping me from installing Windows. If the update makes that easier, I might go for it. I'll probably put Windows on it's own drive and then boot off it.
Mr.Texor
May 3, 02:35 AM
If you don't want to connect your mac every time you want to watch the HD video or if you want to share your blockbuster movie with friends and family, then you can buy a bluray burner and an app to burn bluray disks.
http://eshop.macsales.com/articles/howto-burn-bluray-toast
There might be a better way, I'm not sure... The bluray burners start at around $150.
http://eshop.macsales.com/articles/howto-burn-bluray-toast
There might be a better way, I'm not sure... The bluray burners start at around $150.
cvaldes
Apr 5, 09:32 AM
I'm really sorry, but I gotta say :woosh:
You're supposed to use smilies when you're being sarcastic on the Internet.
This is the Worldwide Web and not all readers here are native English speakers. If you don't clue others to your sarcasm, your words will often be taken at face value. You have much to learn about effective online communication.
Thank you.
You're supposed to use smilies when you're being sarcastic on the Internet.
This is the Worldwide Web and not all readers here are native English speakers. If you don't clue others to your sarcasm, your words will often be taken at face value. You have much to learn about effective online communication.
Thank you.
pbh444
Mar 25, 08:48 AM
This is madness. The Verizon website is still showing the original price for iPad 1. (And my Verizon store claims to know nothing about the lowered prices).
more...

eshroom
Dec 2, 10:21 AM
It's always depressing to see someone else succeed at such an obvious idea. Maybe next time...
The idea is nothing. The kid obviously put time and effort into finding a decent supplier at a low price, marketing, web development. Hats off to him.
If you think you can develop a good idea then go ahead and try, there's loads here: www.ideaaday.org (http://ideaaday.org/)
Do me a favour and PM me so I can track your progress.
The idea is nothing. The kid obviously put time and effort into finding a decent supplier at a low price, marketing, web development. Hats off to him.
If you think you can develop a good idea then go ahead and try, there's loads here: www.ideaaday.org (http://ideaaday.org/)
Do me a favour and PM me so I can track your progress.
damet
Apr 20, 02:45 PM
Try updating windows 7 through windows update. Make sure you have the lastest updates for Windows 7. I had this problem too, but after I updated everything, it worked like a charm. No shutdown issues.
more...
skunk
May 3, 01:49 PM
Gives us a nice goal to get out of Afghanistan have finished. We got him and destroyed his network ability to launch large attacks. And hopefully put Afghanistan into a position where the moderates will be in control.I very much doubt that Al Qaeda has been dependent on Bin Laden for a very long time, and the day moderates take over from the gangsters who are in control of Afghanistan now is I fear a very long way off.
MacRS4
May 2, 06:16 PM
Well, for what it's worth, my white iPhone 4 fits the Mophie battery pack exactly the same as my black one does. Can't see any difference either. Well, except one is white.
more...
gauchogolfer
Sep 25, 09:59 AM
how many of us actually care much about aperture...?
A better question is how many people at Photokina care about Aperture, and that number must surely be quite high.
A better question is how many people at Photokina care about Aperture, and that number must surely be quite high.
NoSmokingBandit
Jun 14, 04:38 PM
That design is just awful. Reminds me of a cheesy alienware case:
http://patersoninc.com/ebay/computer/ALIEN/alienware-alx.jpg
http://patersoninc.com/ebay/computer/ALIEN/alienware-alx.jpg
more...
thirtyeyes
Jun 16, 02:03 PM
Apple CEO: I have this great new product...
Verizon CEO: This will never go anywhere. i-what. That's a stupid

Showng off her busty each
more...

BEACH BODY ALERT: DAVID

Blake Lively
more...

Blake#39;s character in quot;The

Tags: Blake Lively, Ed
more...

lake lively on each. it#39;s just Blake Lively

Sexy Kim Kardashian Beach Body

best each body list.
Verizon CEO: This will never go anywhere. i-what. That's a stupid
ChickenSwartz
Nov 21, 04:41 PM
yea, their website looks like it was from 1998...
They need to pick up a Mac and use iWeb. Ha ha.
a problem will be that it needs a thermal difference to work
Which you can achieve by putting these between the processor and the aluminum casing.
They need to pick up a Mac and use iWeb. Ha ha.
a problem will be that it needs a thermal difference to work
Which you can achieve by putting these between the processor and the aluminum casing.
more...
leekohler
May 3, 01:54 PM
I got no good answer for you Lee, I didn't vote for that party. Maybe the minority position of the last two conservative government gave them a softer image than before, maybe it was due to the lack of a strong Liberal leadership, maybe people were tired of going to the polls and wanted a 4 year break... I got 'nothin. :o
I'm afraid that instead of a 4 year break, you're merely going to get broken. I'm serious, after reading up more on these people, you guys are gonna have a very tough time with them. Trust me, they're gonna do what they say they're gonna do. They're idealogues.
I'm afraid that instead of a 4 year break, you're merely going to get broken. I'm serious, after reading up more on these people, you guys are gonna have a very tough time with them. Trust me, they're gonna do what they say they're gonna do. They're idealogues.
s.hasan546
Apr 11, 09:54 AM
Is this really bump worthy?
didn't see how old it was sorry :(
didn't see how old it was sorry :(
more...
Number 41
Apr 21, 05:22 PM
Oh, the A5 isn't a reason? Really?
Not really. With so many people owning iPhone 4s and iPad 1s, there's little danger of being "spec'd out" of most software on the App Store anytime soon.
Dev's will write apps to take advantage of the A-5, but I highly doubt the overwhelming majority will write their apps to require it. That'd be throwing away too much potential profit.
I'm sure it'll be nice and people will wow about with how "snappy" the processor makes the phone, but the fact is that an A-5 alone isn't a compelling reason to upgrade unless Apple makes major revisions to iOS5 that require it.
Not really. With so many people owning iPhone 4s and iPad 1s, there's little danger of being "spec'd out" of most software on the App Store anytime soon.
Dev's will write apps to take advantage of the A-5, but I highly doubt the overwhelming majority will write their apps to require it. That'd be throwing away too much potential profit.
I'm sure it'll be nice and people will wow about with how "snappy" the processor makes the phone, but the fact is that an A-5 alone isn't a compelling reason to upgrade unless Apple makes major revisions to iOS5 that require it.
thisisahughes
Mar 23, 01:15 PM
I figured this would be coming once I seen the Pioneer VSX-1021-K.
more...
louis Fashion
Mar 27, 02:45 PM
Typical of a company that has no business model right now; become a patent troll. Kind of a shame, Kodak used to be a great company, but they got left behind by the digital revolution.
Hey if they win this one, they will make 1B this year!!!
Hey if they win this one, they will make 1B this year!!!
room237
Jan 7, 12:05 AM
Huh, my push notifications weren't working, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I went to the settings and I'm apparently running Facebook 3.1.1, but when I go to iTunes, it says the app is at 3.1 and I have no updates.
Odd. But maybe they've fixed the sound issues already.
I've noticed the same. I deleted FB from both iPhone and iTunes, then downloaded it thru iTunes since it states there that it is v3.1, but once on the iPhone it is still v3.1.1 and still, no notifications.
This really isn't worth losing sleep over, but it's really pissing me off.
Odd. But maybe they've fixed the sound issues already.
I've noticed the same. I deleted FB from both iPhone and iTunes, then downloaded it thru iTunes since it states there that it is v3.1, but once on the iPhone it is still v3.1.1 and still, no notifications.
This really isn't worth losing sleep over, but it's really pissing me off.
longofest
Oct 26, 01:01 PM
Sucks for anyone with the Quad G5s.
Yeah, tell me about it (looks down at my Quad). But honestly, I think it will suck even more for Adobe, as they are really limiting themselves in the market that they can reach. Come on Adobe, it wouldn't be THAT hard to code according to Apple's Universal standards, would it?
Then again, they may be trying to go for the optimal performance possible. I blogged about this a while ago (http://web.mac.com/longofest/iWeb/Blog%20Corner/Tech%20Fest/09B771A2-EF7E-4BD7-8172-9CB5E15A06EE.html), and how Universal Binaries using the Accelerate framework may not always give you all the performance options available to a program.
Yeah, tell me about it (looks down at my Quad). But honestly, I think it will suck even more for Adobe, as they are really limiting themselves in the market that they can reach. Come on Adobe, it wouldn't be THAT hard to code according to Apple's Universal standards, would it?
Then again, they may be trying to go for the optimal performance possible. I blogged about this a while ago (http://web.mac.com/longofest/iWeb/Blog%20Corner/Tech%20Fest/09B771A2-EF7E-4BD7-8172-9CB5E15A06EE.html), and how Universal Binaries using the Accelerate framework may not always give you all the performance options available to a program.
KnightWRX
Mar 26, 08:30 PM
Yes - all they've decided to do is REVIEW it. They've overturned nothing. And the overturn rates are very low.
It's still on, no matter what you try to spin it as. A review is a review. This is the same as when an appeals court decides to hear a case, they haven't overturned anything until they've overturned something. But they can't overturn something without first REVIEWing it. ;)
It's still on, no matter what you try to spin it as. A review is a review. This is the same as when an appeals court decides to hear a case, they haven't overturned anything until they've overturned something. But they can't overturn something without first REVIEWing it. ;)
BenRoethig
Oct 30, 11:34 AM
http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/10/30/soundbooth/index.php
Macworld posted an article on the subject today. You can read it with the link above. I'm going to post a couple comments from the article by Adobe's John Nack.
Nack offers a different point of view. From his perspective, if Apple hadn�t switched to Intel processors, Soundbooth might very likely be a Windows application only. Apple�s migration to the Intel chip architecture �makes Mac development more attractive,� said Nack.
�Here�s the reality: Apple�s migration to Intel chips means that it�s easier to develop for both Mac and Windows, because instead of splitting development resources optimizing for two different chip architectures, you can focus on just one,� he wrote.
This is why the PowerPC machines need to go as quickly as everyone can buy an Intel machine. Making a intel only Mac Application is cheaper and less time consuming for the developer and is able to take advantage of any code optimization for the x86 platform. That makes it more likey that we'll get better software products and applications we normally wouldn't get. To be frank, developers had absolutely no reason to optimize PPC applications. The platform is too small to warrant it.
The follow snippet is something the platform as a whole should take note of. It should be pretty self explanatory.
Nack � a professed �die-hard� Mac user � also refers to �that vocal little group of zealots and forum trolls� he sees as particularly damaging to Mac users� reputations as a whole.
�You�re hurting the Mac platform. You�re hurting the Mac community. You need to crush a little aluminum foil against those antennae of yours, because you�re hurting everyone concerned. You�re making it harder (and less appealing) for people of goodwill to make the effort to support the Mac,� he said.
Macworld posted an article on the subject today. You can read it with the link above. I'm going to post a couple comments from the article by Adobe's John Nack.
Nack offers a different point of view. From his perspective, if Apple hadn�t switched to Intel processors, Soundbooth might very likely be a Windows application only. Apple�s migration to the Intel chip architecture �makes Mac development more attractive,� said Nack.
�Here�s the reality: Apple�s migration to Intel chips means that it�s easier to develop for both Mac and Windows, because instead of splitting development resources optimizing for two different chip architectures, you can focus on just one,� he wrote.
This is why the PowerPC machines need to go as quickly as everyone can buy an Intel machine. Making a intel only Mac Application is cheaper and less time consuming for the developer and is able to take advantage of any code optimization for the x86 platform. That makes it more likey that we'll get better software products and applications we normally wouldn't get. To be frank, developers had absolutely no reason to optimize PPC applications. The platform is too small to warrant it.
The follow snippet is something the platform as a whole should take note of. It should be pretty self explanatory.
Nack � a professed �die-hard� Mac user � also refers to �that vocal little group of zealots and forum trolls� he sees as particularly damaging to Mac users� reputations as a whole.
�You�re hurting the Mac platform. You�re hurting the Mac community. You need to crush a little aluminum foil against those antennae of yours, because you�re hurting everyone concerned. You�re making it harder (and less appealing) for people of goodwill to make the effort to support the Mac,� he said.
Eraserhead
Apr 9, 04:00 AM
Source for the quote?
TheJae
Mar 24, 02:26 AM
It must be those pesky water sensors. :D
LOL nice one there :P however the army might be able to overlook water damage in dry areas like Afghanistan
LOL nice one there :P however the army might be able to overlook water damage in dry areas like Afghanistan
iphoneguy123
Jun 29, 07:36 PM
I said this a while back. Apple should buy SanDisk, buy Sony, get rid of Ex-FAT and re-package/re-brand/standardize this media in every product they make and package a flavor of it for ROM as a successor to Blu-Ray.
Small, portable, insane storage capacity and Apple could build the format without the insane licensing fees that have been attached to Blu-Ray. Apple is a global company and they want all of their products to be immensely useful globally, unfortunately broadband and internet mean something completely different to everyone, in terms of connection speed, and that will in all likely hood never change. A small disc, slightly larger than a half a stick of gum, that can hold up to 2TB of data potentially is the perfect bridge for every digital device in virtually any form factor.
Buy Sony?
http://raoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/facepalm.jpg
Small, portable, insane storage capacity and Apple could build the format without the insane licensing fees that have been attached to Blu-Ray. Apple is a global company and they want all of their products to be immensely useful globally, unfortunately broadband and internet mean something completely different to everyone, in terms of connection speed, and that will in all likely hood never change. A small disc, slightly larger than a half a stick of gum, that can hold up to 2TB of data potentially is the perfect bridge for every digital device in virtually any form factor.
Buy Sony?
http://raoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/facepalm.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment