Dagless
Mar 20, 01:53 PM
Anyone actually seen one?
Gamestop said they'll have a demo kiosk the day after the launch...
Yeah. A while ago I played with a Japanese import for a bit, no actual 3DS cart games just fiddling around with the built in one and the menu. Just played a UK one yesterday (Ridge Racer). I must say it's not only the best version of Ridge Racer I've played but the 3D effect was tremendous. Or maybe that game amplifies it a bit, but it was really quite deep.
The girlfriend was planning on going into HMV to buy a 360. That's when we were offered to try out a few games. Walked out with a 3DS preorder instead!
We're smitten.
Gamestop said they'll have a demo kiosk the day after the launch...
Yeah. A while ago I played with a Japanese import for a bit, no actual 3DS cart games just fiddling around with the built in one and the menu. Just played a UK one yesterday (Ridge Racer). I must say it's not only the best version of Ridge Racer I've played but the 3D effect was tremendous. Or maybe that game amplifies it a bit, but it was really quite deep.
The girlfriend was planning on going into HMV to buy a 360. That's when we were offered to try out a few games. Walked out with a 3DS preorder instead!
We're smitten.
fourthtunz
Sep 16, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by solvs
[B]
.I'd rather have a Mac, but don't fool yourself. You can build a really nice PC for less than $2,000 (with plenty of basic software that helps you crash Windows even faster) that blows the $3,000+ machines out of the water. You get a nice, out of the box experiance with OS X.2, but is it worth it for the higher price and slower performance. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Again, you are living in the past. Macs are now fast and a very good deal. Premiere is not a pro video app and is not optimized for the Mac, Imovie(a free app) and Final cut render much faster. I still have premiere but is very slow on the Mac and I won't upgrade. You can do audio and video on any computer but when you do it to make your living you have to look at the whole picture and that means looking at everything pcs included, and right now the Mac is a better deal overall.
Daniel
[B]
.I'd rather have a Mac, but don't fool yourself. You can build a really nice PC for less than $2,000 (with plenty of basic software that helps you crash Windows even faster) that blows the $3,000+ machines out of the water. You get a nice, out of the box experiance with OS X.2, but is it worth it for the higher price and slower performance. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Again, you are living in the past. Macs are now fast and a very good deal. Premiere is not a pro video app and is not optimized for the Mac, Imovie(a free app) and Final cut render much faster. I still have premiere but is very slow on the Mac and I won't upgrade. You can do audio and video on any computer but when you do it to make your living you have to look at the whole picture and that means looking at everything pcs included, and right now the Mac is a better deal overall.
Daniel
mrsir2009
May 3, 01:53 PM
Alright, here we go Apple: I *will* buy a 13" MacBook Air on the day of the next refresh if it can have:
- Core i5 processors (Won't happen)
- SD card slot (Already has one)
- backlit keyboard (Good chance it will have one)
- integrated 3G/LTE (Its a laptop, not a cellphone)
- 10-hour battery life to match the iPad (Don't see how the battery can get any bigger)
A tall order, of course, but one can hope.
Hey Apple: I'll still buy one even if you don't quite manage to fit in the last two (but please try to increase battery life anyway).
- Core i5 processors (Won't happen)
- SD card slot (Already has one)
- backlit keyboard (Good chance it will have one)
- integrated 3G/LTE (Its a laptop, not a cellphone)
- 10-hour battery life to match the iPad (Don't see how the battery can get any bigger)
A tall order, of course, but one can hope.
Hey Apple: I'll still buy one even if you don't quite manage to fit in the last two (but please try to increase battery life anyway).
francisq
Mar 26, 04:26 PM
Just because their demeanor is civil does not mean their exchange is.
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/03/26/160022-jobs_schmidt_coffee.jpg
STEVE: Do you have any idea how badly I wanna kill you?
ERIC: Yes.
Steve: See this hands? I could kill you with my bare hands right here!!!
Eric: uh huh..
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/03/26/160022-jobs_schmidt_coffee.jpg
STEVE: Do you have any idea how badly I wanna kill you?
ERIC: Yes.
Steve: See this hands? I could kill you with my bare hands right here!!!
Eric: uh huh..
more...
citizenzen
Apr 10, 11:54 AM
I believe the crucial difference is that you believe when government taxes and spends the money on a service, it's better than not taxing at all.
The American government taxes less and serves less than any other western industrialized country, while spending over a trillion dollars a year trying to control foreign affairs through military might.
That my friend, is a recipe for financial disaster.
The American government taxes less and serves less than any other western industrialized country, while spending over a trillion dollars a year trying to control foreign affairs through military might.
That my friend, is a recipe for financial disaster.
err404
Apr 5, 11:20 AM
I certainly don't consider myself to be "normal" in regards to my computing needs, but the iPad has been a very welcome addition to my electronics landscape.
It excels at casual uses and has all but replaced my laptop for my traveling needs.
That said, there are times when you just need a 'real' machine to get things done.
It excels at casual uses and has all but replaced my laptop for my traveling needs.
That said, there are times when you just need a 'real' machine to get things done.
more...
thisisahughes
Mar 27, 07:37 PM
jesus where do you live?
haha..
haha..
thelatinist
Dec 27, 08:53 PM
Also you would have to say the Consumerist (well-respected blog) is lying and AT&T isn't. Do you really believe that? The original reason the Consumerist went after this story was that people were having this problem and they initiated their own investigation.
No, I said and say nothing of the sort. What I said is that it sounds like the Counsumerist talked to a call center employee who didn't know what was actually going on. The Consumerist was not lying, nor was AT&T lying; the call center employee wasn't even lying...s/he was just talking out of his or her ass. Call center employees are underpaid and under-trained, and half the time I think they're just trying to BS their way through the day. It has happened many times before that a low-level employee who is not even close to the loop has said something that has to be walked back by management. Always such things become gospel and remain fodder for conspiracy theorists. This strikes me as one of those cases.
No, I said and say nothing of the sort. What I said is that it sounds like the Counsumerist talked to a call center employee who didn't know what was actually going on. The Consumerist was not lying, nor was AT&T lying; the call center employee wasn't even lying...s/he was just talking out of his or her ass. Call center employees are underpaid and under-trained, and half the time I think they're just trying to BS their way through the day. It has happened many times before that a low-level employee who is not even close to the loop has said something that has to be walked back by management. Always such things become gospel and remain fodder for conspiracy theorists. This strikes me as one of those cases.
more...
Stella
Apr 15, 08:41 AM
Working at Microsoft is not a detriment to his career. It's a boon. I think you'd be hard pressed to find people who would refuse to work at the most successful software company in the world, except the most zealot-minded Apple fanboys, such as we have here. I understand why people downvote the story, but for goodness' sake, I'm fairly sure Apple's HR people know better than us. Give him a freaking break. He's going go to do a job 8000 times better than any random schmuck off the streets (or on these forums for that matter), and that's why he got it.
Working at large, very successful companies isn't always the best. It depends where your priorities are. If you want a good life / work balance then Apple, Google etc ( as a software developer for example ) certainly wouldn't be a great move. However, you'd probably learn a lot by working there too. It would of course look great on your resume.
Working at large, very successful companies isn't always the best. It depends where your priorities are. If you want a good life / work balance then Apple, Google etc ( as a software developer for example ) certainly wouldn't be a great move. However, you'd probably learn a lot by working there too. It would of course look great on your resume.
thatisme
Mar 29, 07:24 AM
robbieduncan is right-on with his explanation, you're making incorrect claims: focal lengths are independent of the size of the sensor, a 50 mm lens will be a 50 mm lens on a medium format body, a full frame analog body or an APS-C-sized dslr. What changes is the field of view, which is an angle. It is this angle which is different on the above-mentioned cameras. The reason why people write something to the effect `a 50 mm lens on a crop body is equivalent to 75~80 mm lens on a full frame body' is that we've gotten used to associating focal lengths on 35 mm bodies to FOVs. Sort of like Americans got used to measuring distances in miles rather than kilometers.
which is why I have not made the claim that 200mm on one lens is not equal to 200mm on the other (by actual measurements). What I have claimed is that the EFFECTIVE (perceived) focal length is different, when angle is taken into effect (the size of the sensor in relation to the size of the rear element).
YOU WILL GET DIFFERENT IMAGES IF YOU USE A 200mm EF Lens on a 7D (APS-C) and a 200mm EF-S lens on that same camera due to the FOVCF. on the EF lens, the 200mm assumes you are using the ENTIRE image circle of the lens, which you are not. You ARE using the ENTIRE image circle on the EF-S lens, which is a True 200mm for that camera. You have to use the ENTIRE image circle to get a true measure of the focal length. when you use only a portion of that image circle, you have to apply the FOVCF to get the EFFECTIVE focal length.
Your last 2 sentences actually prove my point for me. Everything in today's photography arsenal (at least in DSLR) is based on the old film standard of 35mm image recording space (or sensor size). It is you standard of measure. It has not changed with Digital. This is why we have conversion factors and have to talk of EFFECTIVE focal lengths.
which is why I have not made the claim that 200mm on one lens is not equal to 200mm on the other (by actual measurements). What I have claimed is that the EFFECTIVE (perceived) focal length is different, when angle is taken into effect (the size of the sensor in relation to the size of the rear element).
YOU WILL GET DIFFERENT IMAGES IF YOU USE A 200mm EF Lens on a 7D (APS-C) and a 200mm EF-S lens on that same camera due to the FOVCF. on the EF lens, the 200mm assumes you are using the ENTIRE image circle of the lens, which you are not. You ARE using the ENTIRE image circle on the EF-S lens, which is a True 200mm for that camera. You have to use the ENTIRE image circle to get a true measure of the focal length. when you use only a portion of that image circle, you have to apply the FOVCF to get the EFFECTIVE focal length.
Your last 2 sentences actually prove my point for me. Everything in today's photography arsenal (at least in DSLR) is based on the old film standard of 35mm image recording space (or sensor size). It is you standard of measure. It has not changed with Digital. This is why we have conversion factors and have to talk of EFFECTIVE focal lengths.
more...
braddouglass
Apr 5, 06:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
It would be pretty bad ass if the entire screen worked as a button (like the trackpad) so you can go home. You tap the screen to select something or click the screen to go home. :-D
That would be incredible!
Just make sure i don't HAVE to click it down to type etc.. because the blackberry storm is a miserable experience.
It would be pretty bad ass if the entire screen worked as a button (like the trackpad) so you can go home. You tap the screen to select something or click the screen to go home. :-D
That would be incredible!
Just make sure i don't HAVE to click it down to type etc.. because the blackberry storm is a miserable experience.
thatisme
Mar 28, 05:38 PM
I think you both just said exactly the same thing, so I'm not sure why Full of Win is arguing?
If I shoot my 50mm 1.8 II through my 7d I am effectively multiplying the lenses focal length with the cameras crop factor to give the photographs field of view. ie 50x1.6=80.
So focal length 50mm= field of view 80mm. (On a 1.6 crop)
Allthough...This statement from thatisme 'So, you WILL get different focal lengths from 2 identically marked lenses where one is an EF-S lens and the other is an EF lens.' is false.
You will, in fact, get two different Field of Views but the same Focal Length.
Thanks for the correction, and good catch.
So, for the OP, the difference between EF-sand EF lenses is that EF-S are lighter and cheaper and are tied to 1.6 sensor cameras. EF is more versatile since they work on all EF mount cameras (including EF-S). They can be very cheap or very expensive(and good) when you get into L series lenses.
There is really no good reason to compare focal length or field of view between the two since construction wise, they are like apples and oranges.
Where it becomes relevant, is when you have an EF lens, and you own different format cameras ( like I do). my 400mm 2.8 L IS lens is a true 400mm on my 5D mark II, and 520mm on my 1D mark IIn (1.3) and 640mm on my old 20D. I don't really care about the EF-S mount since it only applies to one of the 3 camera bodies.
Is not true: a 50mm EF lens and a 50mm EF-s lens will have the same focal length and field of view on a crop camera.
This is not correct.
A EF-s 50 mm lens is 50 mm on a 1.6 camera. A 50mm EF lens on that same camera is similar in image to a 80mm EF-S lens. The reason for the difference comes into play by the amount of the lens the camera is using to record the image and the proximity of the rear element to the camera sensor.
If I shoot my 50mm 1.8 II through my 7d I am effectively multiplying the lenses focal length with the cameras crop factor to give the photographs field of view. ie 50x1.6=80.
So focal length 50mm= field of view 80mm. (On a 1.6 crop)
Allthough...This statement from thatisme 'So, you WILL get different focal lengths from 2 identically marked lenses where one is an EF-S lens and the other is an EF lens.' is false.
You will, in fact, get two different Field of Views but the same Focal Length.
Thanks for the correction, and good catch.
So, for the OP, the difference between EF-sand EF lenses is that EF-S are lighter and cheaper and are tied to 1.6 sensor cameras. EF is more versatile since they work on all EF mount cameras (including EF-S). They can be very cheap or very expensive(and good) when you get into L series lenses.
There is really no good reason to compare focal length or field of view between the two since construction wise, they are like apples and oranges.
Where it becomes relevant, is when you have an EF lens, and you own different format cameras ( like I do). my 400mm 2.8 L IS lens is a true 400mm on my 5D mark II, and 520mm on my 1D mark IIn (1.3) and 640mm on my old 20D. I don't really care about the EF-S mount since it only applies to one of the 3 camera bodies.
Is not true: a 50mm EF lens and a 50mm EF-s lens will have the same focal length and field of view on a crop camera.
This is not correct.
A EF-s 50 mm lens is 50 mm on a 1.6 camera. A 50mm EF lens on that same camera is similar in image to a 80mm EF-S lens. The reason for the difference comes into play by the amount of the lens the camera is using to record the image and the proximity of the rear element to the camera sensor.
more...
mjstew33
Sep 22, 07:51 PM
I think the only way they can make them better than they are now is adding HUGE hard drives. Like 300GB standard and like 2.3GHz proccesors.
But I don't think that'll ever happen ;)
But I don't think that'll ever happen ;)
greenbobb
Apr 30, 10:25 AM
iOS evolution from 1 to 4 is somewhat disappointing. It has become somewhat stale, especially for the iPad. Hopefully iOS 5 is a big leap forward.
Yeah, it seems like they only make enough improvements to stay in the game, and aren't super interested in really mind-blowing advances. It's the little things that count for sure, but for all the hype you'd think we'd get something mind-boggling every once in a while.
Yeah, it seems like they only make enough improvements to stay in the game, and aren't super interested in really mind-blowing advances. It's the little things that count for sure, but for all the hype you'd think we'd get something mind-boggling every once in a while.
more...
gorgeousninja
Dec 2, 09:11 AM
I put a case on mine to hide the fugly. Sorry, but the iPhone 4 is anything but good looking.
I'll take Apples definition of what is and isn't good looking over yours thanks
I'll take Apples definition of what is and isn't good looking over yours thanks
animatedude
Apr 24, 05:21 AM
IRS sensor to use or the Apple Remote.
more...
eva01
Sep 13, 08:45 AM
When i had surgery on my teeth like ten years ago they used a gas on me, i don't believe they use that anymore for anyone. I had surgery last july on my knee and they used IV therapy. And the last thing i said to the Doctor was "It tastes like burning" But seriously it tasted like burning.
I thought that was the coolest thing ever. It feels cold going into your arm and it burns down your throat for some reason.
You will be fine iGary so don't worry, i love anesthesia because it made me feel all loopy >_>
Enjoy.
I thought that was the coolest thing ever. It feels cold going into your arm and it burns down your throat for some reason.
You will be fine iGary so don't worry, i love anesthesia because it made me feel all loopy >_>
Enjoy.

NT1440
Apr 3, 12:54 PM
If states went into deficits because people didn't have enough money to pay their taxes how will raising taxes solve this problem?
Did you read the article at all before posting? :confused:
Did you read the article at all before posting? :confused:
clientsiman
May 5, 10:35 AM
The eu client is up now.
In my late 2009 13 pro starcrart 2 is really slow in OS. I hope Apple to give us new Nvidia drivers with 10.6.4 and Blizzard to do some optimizations.
Good think is that it runs great in Windows 7 64bit. Back to bootcamp again...
In my late 2009 13 pro starcrart 2 is really slow in OS. I hope Apple to give us new Nvidia drivers with 10.6.4 and Blizzard to do some optimizations.
Good think is that it runs great in Windows 7 64bit. Back to bootcamp again...
takao
Jun 14, 03:36 PM
is that thing besides the ethernet port the "Kinect port" they mentioned on the spec sheets ? just why couldn't the do it with an usb port exactly
funkywhat2
Feb 29, 09:48 PM
I was not sure where to post this, I have emailed MacRumors several times, but with no reply.
I can pull up the main page of wap.macrumours.com but when clicking next page I get a response unknown error with my Nokia 3200.
This also happened on my old 7210 phone too.
This would indicate non complaint wml code on the 2nd page, as this is the error Nokia's tend to give (they do not attempt to display non complaint code)
Thanks
Neil
works for me, on some nokia, i don't know what kind, but it's like tan-ish and has a color screen.
I can pull up the main page of wap.macrumours.com but when clicking next page I get a response unknown error with my Nokia 3200.
This also happened on my old 7210 phone too.
This would indicate non complaint wml code on the 2nd page, as this is the error Nokia's tend to give (they do not attempt to display non complaint code)
Thanks
Neil
works for me, on some nokia, i don't know what kind, but it's like tan-ish and has a color screen.
Mac-Addict
Oct 26, 05:14 PM
Just got back from Regents! Scored a t-shirt and got Leopard. I feel bad for the people who didn't realise you could go upstairs and check out.
-Matt
Thats what happened to me and Spanky Deluxe! Lol we got in the store and was getting screamed at by the apple staff who were blocking the way to the bottem back of the store so we thought we had to go upstairs :D It was a fun experience!
-Matt
Thats what happened to me and Spanky Deluxe! Lol we got in the store and was getting screamed at by the apple staff who were blocking the way to the bottem back of the store so we thought we had to go upstairs :D It was a fun experience!
PBF
Mar 28, 08:16 AM
What are the chances of iPhone 5 going on sale the same week or the week after? :o
Mousse
May 3, 12:04 PM
New day, same old issues.
In speeches, less emphasis on Bin Laden, and more focus on "evil-doers" in general.
That's too vague to sway the mindless masses. The Government will find someone else to demonize and have the public whipped into another bloodlust frenzy for his head. "The more thing changes, the more the stay the same," as the old saying goes.
In speeches, less emphasis on Bin Laden, and more focus on "evil-doers" in general.
That's too vague to sway the mindless masses. The Government will find someone else to demonize and have the public whipped into another bloodlust frenzy for his head. "The more thing changes, the more the stay the same," as the old saying goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment