NinjaHERO
Nov 6, 09:21 AM
If my Iphone can make Chuck Norris kick a car in the face, I will pay twice as much.:D
efoto
Sep 18, 11:48 PM
<snip>
If you do get a chance to talk to her again, BE CREATIVE! Send her an instant message on iChat from across the store... save her from a masked man robbing the store at gun...., well you get the picture.
Lastly, Dont get to into detail in this post... there is a possibly she or one of her co-workers cruises the macrumors forums, and she could find this really creepy or really cool :D
I sincerely apologize if I have repeated anything that someone else has said
but I think its really cool that you reached out to a community that usually deals with computer questions. :D
How would one send an instant message across the store to another computer in the same store? I realize the whole to her portion would require her presence in front of a computer, I am just talking in general, unless you signed into both and sent it to yourself or something :confused:
I decided it didn't matter to go into detail in the post because it just doesn't matter. If she is on here, or a friend is on here, well fine and dandy, I hope she remembers who I am. If she is as smart as she was cute (building the points here in case she is reading ;) ) then she can go check the member photo directory and recall what I look like, I don't care. I would dare to say that if she finds this really creepy then she probably didn't read the entire thread, because after doing so she should realize that I am just shy and unknowing, not stalkerish and creepy (at least I hope not). Either way, if she realizes who this is and is interested, she can say hi next time....guys don't mind when women act too, at least I don't :)
As far as reaching out here, well who else would I ask? :rolleyes:
Computers, personal finances, women, life goals, car help, it's all here....I think :confused: :D
If you do get a chance to talk to her again, BE CREATIVE! Send her an instant message on iChat from across the store... save her from a masked man robbing the store at gun...., well you get the picture.
Lastly, Dont get to into detail in this post... there is a possibly she or one of her co-workers cruises the macrumors forums, and she could find this really creepy or really cool :D
I sincerely apologize if I have repeated anything that someone else has said
but I think its really cool that you reached out to a community that usually deals with computer questions. :D
How would one send an instant message across the store to another computer in the same store? I realize the whole to her portion would require her presence in front of a computer, I am just talking in general, unless you signed into both and sent it to yourself or something :confused:
I decided it didn't matter to go into detail in the post because it just doesn't matter. If she is on here, or a friend is on here, well fine and dandy, I hope she remembers who I am. If she is as smart as she was cute (building the points here in case she is reading ;) ) then she can go check the member photo directory and recall what I look like, I don't care. I would dare to say that if she finds this really creepy then she probably didn't read the entire thread, because after doing so she should realize that I am just shy and unknowing, not stalkerish and creepy (at least I hope not). Either way, if she realizes who this is and is interested, she can say hi next time....guys don't mind when women act too, at least I don't :)
As far as reaching out here, well who else would I ask? :rolleyes:
Computers, personal finances, women, life goals, car help, it's all here....I think :confused: :D
Zadillo
Oct 26, 10:59 PM
Works fine in Firefox 2.0 under XP for me, including composing a message (it opens up a new compose window and it works fine).
This is very nice, very slick. I like it!
This is very nice, very slick. I like it!
peskaa
Jan 22, 10:19 AM
Bleh.
�229 is a fair chunk of change for a start, and certainly a long way off the current pricing of the DSi. I for one would certainly wait for some deep price cuts, but knowing Nintendo that's unlikely to happen any time this year. I can't see parents being willing to drop that much coin as well - I reckon DSi sales will continue to be strong.
Second, it looks old. The design hasn't changed since the DS, bar a few tweaks, yet other hardware looks sleek and slim in comparison - even the PSPgo! Nintendo have to realise they're competing with Apple as well, and Apple know how to make things small and look good too. It looks fat, pocket-unfriendly and not modern.
Personally, 3D is rubbish - but that's due to my own eyesight. Hearing multiple reports that it only works from one very narrow angle? Not so good - but I'll reserve judgement until the public gets hands on them.
Finally, the battery life. Oh my days. Are we regressing here? 3.5 - 5 hours? Is that it? My iPad far outdoes that...
Things I'd make better:
1) Modern casing, not a boring box
2) Battery life
3) Cost
4) Region lock
5) Capacitive touch and ditch the stylus
�229 is a fair chunk of change for a start, and certainly a long way off the current pricing of the DSi. I for one would certainly wait for some deep price cuts, but knowing Nintendo that's unlikely to happen any time this year. I can't see parents being willing to drop that much coin as well - I reckon DSi sales will continue to be strong.
Second, it looks old. The design hasn't changed since the DS, bar a few tweaks, yet other hardware looks sleek and slim in comparison - even the PSPgo! Nintendo have to realise they're competing with Apple as well, and Apple know how to make things small and look good too. It looks fat, pocket-unfriendly and not modern.
Personally, 3D is rubbish - but that's due to my own eyesight. Hearing multiple reports that it only works from one very narrow angle? Not so good - but I'll reserve judgement until the public gets hands on them.
Finally, the battery life. Oh my days. Are we regressing here? 3.5 - 5 hours? Is that it? My iPad far outdoes that...
Things I'd make better:
1) Modern casing, not a boring box
2) Battery life
3) Cost
4) Region lock
5) Capacitive touch and ditch the stylus
more...

brepublican
Oct 9, 03:43 PM
Eeeeeeyep, Target is just gonna stop selling DVDs if they don't get their way. Uh huh. Ridiculous.
Ditto.
Stop being retards and let the free market do what it do. Last time I checked, we had a capitalist society
Ditto.
Stop being retards and let the free market do what it do. Last time I checked, we had a capitalist society
mavherzog
Sep 1, 06:06 AM
My thought/hope is that the new functionality currently under wraps is improvements to the Finder and Safari.
more...
iPoster
Sep 14, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I get to have my wisdom teeth out next Thursday, so it's anesthesia for me too!
Where do you people live that you get general anesthesia for wisdom teeth? I had all four of mine removed at the same time, and had to make do with 12 (4 by each tooth) shots of Novocain (local anesthetic) !!!! Then I got to listen as the dentist crunched the one that was coming in sideways and recessed so he could suction out the little pieces.

kobe bryant victim.
more...

Her tattoo artist, aptly named

Kobe Bryant Shooting Three
more...

Related Kobe Bryant Questions

Star Kobe Bryant,
more...

Kobe Bryant tattoo designs

Therefore, Kobe
more...

Lil Wayne And Kobe Bryant

shaq-superman-tattoo
more...

Lil Wayne and Kobe Bryant

justin bieber tattoo gucci:

Kobe Bryant and Tattoos
Where do you people live that you get general anesthesia for wisdom teeth? I had all four of mine removed at the same time, and had to make do with 12 (4 by each tooth) shots of Novocain (local anesthetic) !!!! Then I got to listen as the dentist crunched the one that was coming in sideways and recessed so he could suction out the little pieces.
mack pro
May 3, 12:35 PM
Well, savvy enough to avoid Windows whenever possible.
They're so savvy that they run to the Apple store for every minor issue.
They're so savvy that they run to the Apple store for every minor issue.
more...
ZenErik
Apr 5, 10:42 AM
The button for the MacBook trackpad is on the bottom. Most of the trackpad clicks, but not the top. ;)

eva01
Oct 26, 09:04 PM
well I am able to crash safari every single time in the new .Mac mail
I go to the bottom email on a page and hold the up arrow, safari just quits.
Lovely
I go to the bottom email on a page and hold the up arrow, safari just quits.
Lovely
more...
bigcat318
Apr 14, 01:50 PM
I like the mop behind him. Is he the janitor of the data center?
Joking I hope
Joking I hope
tuggy
Apr 9, 04:48 PM
guys, if you really want to make some SERIOUS word-processing, i suggest you to try the LaTeX system :)
LyX is what i miss most since i switch from linux to mac.
http://www.lyx.org
LyX is what i miss most since i switch from linux to mac.
http://www.lyx.org
more...
goobot
Apr 12, 04:28 PM
Surveys are not usually right.... based on # sold is where the truth is.
tech4all
Oct 26, 02:31 PM
While I have no interest in this app, it is disappointing that they left PowerPC in the dust. Hopefully this isn't a new trend other companies will follow.
Apple is quickly moving its focus towards Intel Macs, and no longer sells Power PC systems in many places.
While that may be true, there are still plenty of PowerPC customers out there. Probably more than Mac x86, right? Then again, as it was said by someone here, this was probably just meant to be a Windows only app, so they might have just made a Mac x86 version so that there could be some Mac support.
Apple is quickly moving its focus towards Intel Macs, and no longer sells Power PC systems in many places.
While that may be true, there are still plenty of PowerPC customers out there. Probably more than Mac x86, right? Then again, as it was said by someone here, this was probably just meant to be a Windows only app, so they might have just made a Mac x86 version so that there could be some Mac support.
more...

cookieme
Oct 26, 02:05 PM
I just came back from the store.
Incidentally, they are *not* offering *any* form of student discount on Leopard here. No higher education discount and no standard discount. Full price or family pack price only.
This is not TRUE I just showed them my univeristy ID and I got the discount. Btw when I came to the store it was about 18:15 and although the queue stretched around the block it only took 10 min before I was in the store and got my hands on a copy of leopard.
No tshirt unfortunately, which simply means that by 10pm tonight the Apple Store at Regent street will by my estimation have sold a few thousand copies. Amazing how an operating system can cause such interest, but that's what Apple do well. :D
Incidentally, they are *not* offering *any* form of student discount on Leopard here. No higher education discount and no standard discount. Full price or family pack price only.
This is not TRUE I just showed them my univeristy ID and I got the discount. Btw when I came to the store it was about 18:15 and although the queue stretched around the block it only took 10 min before I was in the store and got my hands on a copy of leopard.
No tshirt unfortunately, which simply means that by 10pm tonight the Apple Store at Regent street will by my estimation have sold a few thousand copies. Amazing how an operating system can cause such interest, but that's what Apple do well. :D
fixyourthinking
Nov 22, 08:04 AM
Interesting concept, but their website (http://www.eneco.com/) scares me away in a hurry. What was that about making a good first impression?
What scares you about the website?
I am also skeptical about the claim of 30% efficiency. If we had thermoelectric materials that operated at that efficiency, we could all say goodbye to refrigerator compressors and turbine generators in favor of devices with no moving parts, higher reliability, and no CFCs.
30% does seem high ... solar energy doesn't even get that (at least currently available commerciallly) - I wonder if this could somehow be combined with solar voltaic cells to increase their efficiency. For instance, what about a strip on a laptop that harnessed enough light to power something as well. I mean calculators run on ambient light.
What scares you about the website?
I am also skeptical about the claim of 30% efficiency. If we had thermoelectric materials that operated at that efficiency, we could all say goodbye to refrigerator compressors and turbine generators in favor of devices with no moving parts, higher reliability, and no CFCs.
30% does seem high ... solar energy doesn't even get that (at least currently available commerciallly) - I wonder if this could somehow be combined with solar voltaic cells to increase their efficiency. For instance, what about a strip on a laptop that harnessed enough light to power something as well. I mean calculators run on ambient light.
more...
smartbot
Oct 6, 01:40 PM
One possibility is that they could go to a 3.7" and still keep the 960x640 resolution. This would allow for a larger screen and it could still maintain it's "retina" display at ~311 pixels per inch (if I did my math right :o). I'm sure they could tweak some apps like Safari to take advantage of the larger screen size (without breaking 3rd party apps that are already built for the 960x640 resolution).
ender land
Apr 12, 12:55 PM
racism is more or less tolerated against a majority (at least in the USA).
FrankieTDouglas
Apr 9, 12:34 AM
I am all for getting rid of those too. This topic was about PP, so I expressed my feelings for that colossal waste of money. I didn't want to stray too far off topic.
Well since you're on a streak here, how do you feel about public education? Is elementary school a government handout and should be best left to private schools, even for those who can't foot the bill?
Are roads also a government handout? Should all of them be privately owned tolls roads?
I'm curious to see where a self-proclaimed proud bigot draws the line.
Well since you're on a streak here, how do you feel about public education? Is elementary school a government handout and should be best left to private schools, even for those who can't foot the bill?
Are roads also a government handout? Should all of them be privately owned tolls roads?
I'm curious to see where a self-proclaimed proud bigot draws the line.
Westacular
Mar 23, 05:34 PM
Why don't they just use existing standards? RTSP, H.264/MPEG4 video and bonjour. There. No licensing required.
But no.
Apple pulls the "standards compliant" flag out of their asses only when it suits them. Boo.
Umm. You almost did just describe AirPlay. It *is* based on Bonjour and H.264/MPEG4 video.
For control and transport they didn't go with RTSP+RTP -- which has limitations around firewalls, proxies, CDNs, and more importantly, encryption/DRM -- and instead used HTTP Live Streaming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming), which Apple openly submitted to the IETF a couple years ago, and has been undergoing standardization since.
And that's most of what there is to it. The only novel stuff is in the way Bonjour is used for this, and that was easily reverse engineered, which is how you now have software like AirPlayer (for OS X) and AirViewer (for iOS) which act as Apple TV-like AirPlay displays.
... But only for DRM-free videos. Anything that's wrapped in Fairplay (iTunes' DRM) can, as always, only be played back by official Apple-sanctioned software/devices.
But no.
Apple pulls the "standards compliant" flag out of their asses only when it suits them. Boo.
Umm. You almost did just describe AirPlay. It *is* based on Bonjour and H.264/MPEG4 video.
For control and transport they didn't go with RTSP+RTP -- which has limitations around firewalls, proxies, CDNs, and more importantly, encryption/DRM -- and instead used HTTP Live Streaming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming), which Apple openly submitted to the IETF a couple years ago, and has been undergoing standardization since.
And that's most of what there is to it. The only novel stuff is in the way Bonjour is used for this, and that was easily reverse engineered, which is how you now have software like AirPlayer (for OS X) and AirViewer (for iOS) which act as Apple TV-like AirPlay displays.
... But only for DRM-free videos. Anything that's wrapped in Fairplay (iTunes' DRM) can, as always, only be played back by official Apple-sanctioned software/devices.
rust0r
Nov 18, 09:31 PM
The real crime is that there are people with hundreds of dollars to throw away on pretty phone covers while a billion people on the planet don't even have access to safe drinking water.
I'm sure my logic will be ripped apart, but I've made my point. :cool:
Do you have an iPhone 4 ? A car? Or other "non essential items" / luxury items ? EVERYONE, yes even individuals who want to make constant "poor starving African children" stance, have possessions they could do without. Sell your phone, sell your car, stop going to the movies, enjoy basic sustenance and give all your savings to foundations to help those in other counties...THEN you can scold everyone else about how they spend their hard earned dollars on luxury items
I'm sure my logic will be ripped apart, but I've made my point. :cool:
Do you have an iPhone 4 ? A car? Or other "non essential items" / luxury items ? EVERYONE, yes even individuals who want to make constant "poor starving African children" stance, have possessions they could do without. Sell your phone, sell your car, stop going to the movies, enjoy basic sustenance and give all your savings to foundations to help those in other counties...THEN you can scold everyone else about how they spend their hard earned dollars on luxury items
Eddyisgreat
Feb 23, 01:05 PM
So wait I will need to be burdened with a lower time out period because some soccer mom refuses to discipline junior while she sips on a venti iced latte from starbucks in her 2010 QX45 Urban assault vehicle??
wtheck?
wtheck?
scem0
May 7, 10:59 PM
well, I think computers should be affordable to the average (or
not so average - ie me) consumer. I don't know. I guess I just
mean 'the cheaper, the better', which is painfully obvious, but
I think it is the foremost problem with apple computer, and should
be tackled even before the speed gap.
not so average - ie me) consumer. I don't know. I guess I just
mean 'the cheaper, the better', which is painfully obvious, but
I think it is the foremost problem with apple computer, and should
be tackled even before the speed gap.
redeye be
May 28, 03:58 AM
...
thx mate. Positive words are always nice to hear/read!
Also, have you thought of making a modified version which can join any team, and then submit it to Dashboard Widgets.com (http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/) , you could win a Mac mini! :D (by the way I am in no way associated with these guys)
Actually you can already. I just put some 'MacRumors' text on the back to maybe steal some folders from other teams when i release the beta to the whole wide world ;).
thx mate. Positive words are always nice to hear/read!
Also, have you thought of making a modified version which can join any team, and then submit it to Dashboard Widgets.com (http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/) , you could win a Mac mini! :D (by the way I am in no way associated with these guys)
Actually you can already. I just put some 'MacRumors' text on the back to maybe steal some folders from other teams when i release the beta to the whole wide world ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment