
eastercat
Apr 15, 02:15 PM
JB your phone on 4.3.x and buy: Tetherme, MyWi or PDAnet
or
4.3.x enables hotspot tethering. AT&T charges $45 for 4 GB (2 for phone, 2 for tethering).
If you'd bothered to search, you'd have found this out.
or
4.3.x enables hotspot tethering. AT&T charges $45 for 4 GB (2 for phone, 2 for tethering).
If you'd bothered to search, you'd have found this out.
Eidorian
Apr 5, 04:53 PM
Now we are playing with power.
APPLENEWBIE
Nov 14, 07:18 PM
From Potus:"Charles Carroll, a devout Roman Catholic, was a signer of the Declaration of Independence.:rolleyes"
Arggghhhh... I missed that day in class. Not really. I did forget, though. Don't know how I forgot... he was a fairly famous guy. The nuns would be so mad at me!
Arggghhhh... I missed that day in class. Not really. I did forget, though. Don't know how I forgot... he was a fairly famous guy. The nuns would be so mad at me!

thebubbatex
Apr 12, 04:40 PM
The survey is flawed if it's estimating US sales by polling only US buyers.
Why is it flawed? They specifically state it is a US based survey.
Why is it flawed? They specifically state it is a US based survey.
more...
platypus63
Oct 26, 12:54 PM
Wow, I expected PPC support to drop in a few years, not a few months. Sucks for anyone with the Quad G5s. Sucks for me with my dual G5. :(
I hope this won't be a common trend.
I hope this won't be a common trend.
SeaFox
Sep 19, 08:42 PM
and why would this be needed?
So you can run BootCamp on it? (http://www.hardmac.com/news/2006-09-18/#5921)
So you can run BootCamp on it? (http://www.hardmac.com/news/2006-09-18/#5921)
more...
stubeeef
Jun 25, 02:56 PM
I think it should also include a folding accelerator, a folding amplyfier, and a voice feature that spits out the time, my points, WU's, Avg's, next 300hour overtake info, and the top 5 coming up the ranks threatning me, the team stats, and give this info via voice every 15 minutes!
Whata think?

Windows 7 Desktop Wallpaper.
more...

Windows 7 RTM Wallpaper by

New Windows 7 Wallpaper in
more...

wallpapers windows 7 ultimate.

wallpaper for windows 7
more...

windows 7 wallpaper photoshop

Windows Seven Wallpapers
more...

Windows 7 wallpaper

windows7-1024x600-netbook-
more...

of Windows 7 wallpapers,

30 New Wallpapers

windows 7 desktop wallpaper
Whata think?
3247
Jul 13, 04:53 AM
So can I put one of these new SDXC cards in the back and use that as my boot drive while maintaining the internal HD for data storage?
Would that be better than an SSD?No. The maximum interface speed for SD cards � that's UHS-I at 104 MB/s � is slower than most SSDs. (Well, slower than SSDs you would want to use as a boot drive.)
Would that be better than an SSD?No. The maximum interface speed for SD cards � that's UHS-I at 104 MB/s � is slower than most SSDs. (Well, slower than SSDs you would want to use as a boot drive.)
more...
cube
May 3, 10:48 AM
- AMD Fusion
- gigabit ethernet (built-in)
- FireWire (built-in)
- DisplayPort 1.2
- gigabit ethernet (built-in)
- FireWire (built-in)
- DisplayPort 1.2
CaoCao
Apr 9, 08:49 PM
I'd welcome your examination of the PP that backs your assertion.
It is so much easier to abort than to raise a child.
No, the point of PP is to give the tools and education to prevent pregnancy and disease. Abortion is a service offerred when there is an unwanted pregnancy.
My friend, there is nothing easy about abortion.
Are you suggesting it is harder to abort than to raise a child?
It is so much easier to abort than to raise a child.
No, the point of PP is to give the tools and education to prevent pregnancy and disease. Abortion is a service offerred when there is an unwanted pregnancy.
My friend, there is nothing easy about abortion.
Are you suggesting it is harder to abort than to raise a child?
more...

bimmerkid
Oct 27, 05:59 PM
It works well in IE7 even though I don't know why you would want to lay a finger on a PC :P ... KIDDING! I know that we mac users live in a world where PCs out number macs.
Would be interested to see how well this works in IE7. Works nicely in Safari - woot for ajax.
Would be interested to see how well this works in IE7. Works nicely in Safari - woot for ajax.
timmillwood
Oct 10, 07:32 AM
Good news? or bad news?
What does this mean to us?
What does this mean to us?
more...
bergert
Dec 13, 01:53 PM
like this guy "Alex Gauna" who called 20 Apple Stores around the country and already determined that the new Apple TV is selling at a rate of 1 millions units a quarter, even thought Apple Stores never give out any information of how many units have been received or sold.
how do these people still have jobs?
yes, count me in - I want a analyst job like that !
how do these people still have jobs?
yes, count me in - I want a analyst job like that !
bizzle
Apr 11, 06:14 PM
I paid $3.50 today 87 in NJ. I fill up every three days for work. I get around 27-28 mpg in my 05 Civic Si.
more...
michael.lauden
Mar 11, 05:42 PM
For a replacement I am looking into US-made bikes.
US made bikes? HA. good luck - there are like 3 main manufacturers all over seas that put out most frames (Giant is a big one.) - past that SRAM and Shimano are going to be your group (i think SRAM still has some US plants). Wheels will be easier to find but hubs/rims - not so much.
US made bikes? HA. good luck - there are like 3 main manufacturers all over seas that put out most frames (Giant is a big one.) - past that SRAM and Shimano are going to be your group (i think SRAM still has some US plants). Wheels will be easier to find but hubs/rims - not so much.
jayducharme
Oct 9, 03:24 PM
Misleading headline, if it weren't for the question mark. The article seems like an ad for Symantec. The author begins by refuting the "NSFW" assertion but then ends saying that Symantec might offer a good solution.
more...
Grimace
Sep 19, 04:43 PM
I unplugged everything and that made it work.
Network Cable
USB devices (3)
Firewire400 (1)
Firewire800 (1)
I didn't think to unplug them one at a time to control for where the problem was. Oh well. If your drives comes out and snaps back in right away without updating the firmware. Remove all devices before rebooting.
Network Cable
USB devices (3)
Firewire400 (1)
Firewire800 (1)
I didn't think to unplug them one at a time to control for where the problem was. Oh well. If your drives comes out and snaps back in right away without updating the firmware. Remove all devices before rebooting.
ThomasJL
Jun 24, 05:10 PM
I really hope the iPhone comes to T-Mobile USA. I am using an unofficially unlocked and jailbroken 1st generation iPhone on T-Mobile right now. The service has been wonderful.
AT&T is horrendous. I was a former customer, and they would overcharge me every month. It took approximately 3 calls every month, lasting at least 45 minutes each, to solve the problem.
AT&T is horrendous. I was a former customer, and they would overcharge me every month. It took approximately 3 calls every month, lasting at least 45 minutes each, to solve the problem.
rasmasyean
May 4, 10:56 AM
I don't know. Does the US military usually sell its tech to the Japanese?
Seems to me that it's a technology lots of people are working on in parallel.
Nice example. Frank Whittle (http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bljetengine.htm) received the first jet engine patent in 1930. He had been in the Air Force, but they wouldn't sponsor his research - so the development was privately funded and finally demonstrated in 1937.
I think you're confusing fission and fusion.
Darpanet, indeed. But the web itself was developed in peacetime by a man researching at a (non military) Swiss research establishment (http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/about/web-en.html).
The first commercial transistors were developed for telecoms by AT&T / Texas instruments (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor).
The integrated circuit was invented in peace time, and it's mass production was spurred as much by the Apollo program (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit) as for defence.
Interestingly, defence and space are very conservative in their use of technology and CPUs. The increase in CPU power over time has clearly been motivated by commercial market forces (non military).
Yes, I don't deny that defence money does finance innovation. But that's not the same as implying that innovation wouldn't take place if it wasn't for War. That's clearly nonsense - there's plenty of civil and commercial market forces that also spur development, and the examples you've cited demonstrate a few. War is not an essential for human or technological development, although it may speed it along a little from time to time.
I don't think you understand the progress of technological advancements. You seem to have this idea that once something is thought of in bed, it's guaranteed to be on an instant bee line to world scale distribution. While it's true that many tech breakthroughs (or ideas) can be implemented rigth away, much of the most out disruptive realizations require huge investestments with no obvious guarantee of a profit.
And there is a distinguishment between nuclear reality and nuclear fantasy (fusion).
http://www.howstuffworks.com/nuclear-power.htm
Bollocks. It is absolutely nothing to do with evolution. Opposed thumbs, brain size, bipedality, toolmaking and speech have had the most influence on our development. As to whether we have evolved past any other species, that, I would have thought, is very much up for debate.
Yea it does. To simply put it, there's no animal in between "us" and the "nearest monkey". They are all fossils. That's because in competition, we killed "our own kind" in the strugle for survival and prosperity. That is...unless you prefer the "man created in the image of some deity" explaination.
Seems to me that it's a technology lots of people are working on in parallel.
Nice example. Frank Whittle (http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bljetengine.htm) received the first jet engine patent in 1930. He had been in the Air Force, but they wouldn't sponsor his research - so the development was privately funded and finally demonstrated in 1937.
I think you're confusing fission and fusion.
Darpanet, indeed. But the web itself was developed in peacetime by a man researching at a (non military) Swiss research establishment (http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/about/web-en.html).
The first commercial transistors were developed for telecoms by AT&T / Texas instruments (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor).
The integrated circuit was invented in peace time, and it's mass production was spurred as much by the Apollo program (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit) as for defence.
Interestingly, defence and space are very conservative in their use of technology and CPUs. The increase in CPU power over time has clearly been motivated by commercial market forces (non military).
Yes, I don't deny that defence money does finance innovation. But that's not the same as implying that innovation wouldn't take place if it wasn't for War. That's clearly nonsense - there's plenty of civil and commercial market forces that also spur development, and the examples you've cited demonstrate a few. War is not an essential for human or technological development, although it may speed it along a little from time to time.
I don't think you understand the progress of technological advancements. You seem to have this idea that once something is thought of in bed, it's guaranteed to be on an instant bee line to world scale distribution. While it's true that many tech breakthroughs (or ideas) can be implemented rigth away, much of the most out disruptive realizations require huge investestments with no obvious guarantee of a profit.
And there is a distinguishment between nuclear reality and nuclear fantasy (fusion).
http://www.howstuffworks.com/nuclear-power.htm
Bollocks. It is absolutely nothing to do with evolution. Opposed thumbs, brain size, bipedality, toolmaking and speech have had the most influence on our development. As to whether we have evolved past any other species, that, I would have thought, is very much up for debate.
Yea it does. To simply put it, there's no animal in between "us" and the "nearest monkey". They are all fossils. That's because in competition, we killed "our own kind" in the strugle for survival and prosperity. That is...unless you prefer the "man created in the image of some deity" explaination.
GimmeSlack12
Feb 21, 06:55 PM
So I got an offer in the mail for a free Microcell. Just picked it up, no hassle or anything. My condo had horrible reception, but now its all good. Anyone else?
I live in the Haight District in San Francisco.
I live in the Haight District in San Francisco.
CANEHDN
Apr 30, 11:14 AM
I downloaded and installed it last night. Ran great. The default settings set everything to "Medium" for my computer. Ran completely smooth. No lag or issues. That game is awesome.
jadam
Sep 15, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by MacManiac1224
Can the G4 beat the Pentium 5? You are probably scratching your heads on this one. Yep, the Pentium 5 is very real, and it is coming soon. 2nd quarter of the Pentium 5 debuting at 3.2GHZ is going to come out. It will have 100 million transistors on it and it will be manufactured at .09 microns. Also, here is the doozy, it will have 1 mb of L2 on die cache, and it will support 333mhz bus speeds, with the addition of DDR, that is a possible 667mhz bus speeds. By the way, if you were wondering, the Pentium 4 has 42 million transistors.
Now, for the G4: I am not sure how many transistors the G4 has, but I imagine it is way less then 100 million, or even 42 million, considering the P4 came out after the G4. Anyway, the cache on the G4 is higher on the high-end, 2mb of cache. But: the speed: 1.25Ghz? Can that really stand up to a P5 with 333mhz bus, and 3.2Ghz clock speeds? My opinion: most likely not.
Let's be honest, the P4 basically can beat the G4 in most tasks today, so a new faster version of the P4, the P5 can easily beat the G4, most likely in 95-99% of all tasks.
Ok, we have established that the G4 is, well, to slow against the P5, even though we don't know about it yet, I imagine it will be. Well, Apple just pulled the plug on OS 9 for January, what could this mean? I am not sure, only Steve knows. But Apple better come out with something that can at least compete with the Pentium 5, and it better come soon. I would not be surprised if Apple comes out with the G5 in January, just to say they were the first to have a generation 5 possessor, but I could be wrong.
Ok, I made my case, now, what do you guys think? By the way: I got this information about the Pentium 5 from eWeek, so it is reputable.
dumb ass, no theres no P5, P5 wont come out for a LOOOONG Time, PIV is expected to Scale up to 10ghz, this is just an upgraded PIV f00
Can the G4 beat the Pentium 5? You are probably scratching your heads on this one. Yep, the Pentium 5 is very real, and it is coming soon. 2nd quarter of the Pentium 5 debuting at 3.2GHZ is going to come out. It will have 100 million transistors on it and it will be manufactured at .09 microns. Also, here is the doozy, it will have 1 mb of L2 on die cache, and it will support 333mhz bus speeds, with the addition of DDR, that is a possible 667mhz bus speeds. By the way, if you were wondering, the Pentium 4 has 42 million transistors.
Now, for the G4: I am not sure how many transistors the G4 has, but I imagine it is way less then 100 million, or even 42 million, considering the P4 came out after the G4. Anyway, the cache on the G4 is higher on the high-end, 2mb of cache. But: the speed: 1.25Ghz? Can that really stand up to a P5 with 333mhz bus, and 3.2Ghz clock speeds? My opinion: most likely not.
Let's be honest, the P4 basically can beat the G4 in most tasks today, so a new faster version of the P4, the P5 can easily beat the G4, most likely in 95-99% of all tasks.
Ok, we have established that the G4 is, well, to slow against the P5, even though we don't know about it yet, I imagine it will be. Well, Apple just pulled the plug on OS 9 for January, what could this mean? I am not sure, only Steve knows. But Apple better come out with something that can at least compete with the Pentium 5, and it better come soon. I would not be surprised if Apple comes out with the G5 in January, just to say they were the first to have a generation 5 possessor, but I could be wrong.
Ok, I made my case, now, what do you guys think? By the way: I got this information about the Pentium 5 from eWeek, so it is reputable.
dumb ass, no theres no P5, P5 wont come out for a LOOOONG Time, PIV is expected to Scale up to 10ghz, this is just an upgraded PIV f00
Thomas Veil
Apr 9, 07:38 PM
All right, let me rephrase that: government funds plenty of things, like libraries and parks, that aren't "necessary" but wanted. If you want to keep the argument on the federal level, substitute your own examples, including national parks. (Remember Bush trying to push them towards privatization?)
If you have a balanced budget, and you suddenly unbalance it with tax cuts, the difference between revenue loss and spending is pretty much a matter of semantics. You had the money, and now you don't. At least when you spend it on a service, you expect to get something for it.
Maybe one of the problems with House Republicans is that they don't think of tax cuts that they can't afford as spending.
If you have a balanced budget, and you suddenly unbalance it with tax cuts, the difference between revenue loss and spending is pretty much a matter of semantics. You had the money, and now you don't. At least when you spend it on a service, you expect to get something for it.
Maybe one of the problems with House Republicans is that they don't think of tax cuts that they can't afford as spending.
Mr. Anderson
Aug 19, 08:19 AM
well, speaking figuratively here, there is a free iPod. If I were to give you one as a gift, then it would be free, no? :p
D
D
No comments:
Post a Comment