Saturday, June 4, 2011

polymer clay projects

polymer clay projects. Polymer Clay and Mixed
  • Polymer Clay and Mixed



  • thequicksilver
    Apr 2, 04:06 PM
    Apple are, in my mind, guilty of misrepresenting this. During the MWSF keynote, Jobs called this 'Word processing with an amazing sense of style', indicating that it's a word processor � la Word. It's not. It's a basic DTP application, in the realm of Microsoft Publisher, as Schiller's demo went on to show.

    If they'd just have said this from day one, it would have been much better received. To use the term word processor seriously misrepresents it: Pages is very good at what it does, but that ain't word processing. If all you want is to write letters, essays, that kind of thing, you still want Word.

    I bought it hoping for a basic word processor hoping to replace Word - which is unbearably slow - with a few fancy features on top. It quickly became clear though that on a 1024x768 screen Pages is pretty much unusable with all the palettes. Finding basic tasks is difficult with just the little buttons on the Inspector to find stuff, and I find myself wasting time when trying to do tiny things like accessing the word count.

    If I'd paid money for just Pages, I'd have been more than a little disgruntled. Just as well Keynote is everything I'd hoped for.





    polymer clay projects. Easy Polymer Clay Mokume Gane
  • Easy Polymer Clay Mokume Gane



  • malohkan
    Apr 5, 02:13 PM
    I definitely have to disagree with him. Typing on a touch screen just makes me angry, and that's my primary reason. I can be something like 300%+ more productive on a standard computer than a tablet, period.

    I never understand this kind of thing. It's like someone saying "I can never buy a Honda because it just can't tow all the things I tow on my farm, or drive through deep mud." But then he drives his F350 every day 30 miles and back from home to town to do errands and get groceries getting 12 miles to the gallon. Most people would (and do) get a efficient small car for that sort of thing.

    The fact is, the iPad is mostly a content consumption product. It's REALLY REALLY good at being that. Sure you can get some things done on it, too, but that's clearly not the intent of this design. If you need power to crunch your data and be "300%+ more productive" then sure you need your F350 for the time and place where it's appropriate. The iPad isn't going to fully replace your desktop that you need to earn your living.

    For a lot of people, this means they don't need the super expensive laptop to cover their bases. They can get the cheaper desktop, with more power and bigger screen, and then have an iPad to cover their mobile (and again 90% of the time doing content consumption) needs.





    polymer clay projects. A few polymer clay projects
  • A few polymer clay projects



  • Mr. Retrofire
    Apr 21, 12:34 PM
    Almost all people in this thread sound like they want to buy a Mac mini (MBA), but want at the same time the features of a Mac Pro (MBP). Silly.

    Yeah, this is the MBA-forum, but it does not make this discussion thread better.


    :rolleyes:





    polymer clay projects. Polymer Clay Color
  • Polymer Clay Color



  • someguy
    Nov 11, 11:31 AM
    Anyone else notice that in either language, the tissue in the ad for viruses appears to be an iKlear screen wipe? I could be wrong, but seeing as how the actors roles are computers, it makes sense. :)



    more...


    polymer clay projects. are flowered polymer clay
  • are flowered polymer clay



  • See Flat
    Apr 14, 03:05 PM
    You can take they guy out of microsoft.
    Lets just hope they can take microsoft out of the guy. ;)





    polymer clay projects. Making Polymer Clay Beads Blog
  • Making Polymer Clay Beads Blog



  • Legion93
    Apr 22, 05:26 PM
    I prefer pepsi to coke. Anyone?



    more...


    polymer clay projects. GARIE#39;S POLYMER CLAY PROJECT
  • GARIE#39;S POLYMER CLAY PROJECT



  • HoosierInFL
    Apr 28, 09:58 PM
    The only thing that will make me replace my current MBA is if the new model has a backlit keyboard. I greatly miss this feature.

    Other than that, better battery life would be great.





    polymer clay projects. Great clay projects for both
  • Great clay projects for both



  • Eraserhead
    Jun 14, 07:15 AM
    I think the next big project might be to reorganise the Guides category by adding appropriate subcategories such as (for example) Mac Hardware Guides, Mac OS X Guides, iPod Guides etc. It's getting quite large as it is, and it might make it easier to find relevant articles.

    It shouldn't be too bad, there are only 120 articles in the Guides category, so any changes should be much simpler than what I've done. And also you can also go through the standard categories to find the guide articles now.

    I think getting more people editing the rest of the guides and getting people using the guides is the next step, especially from the iPod/iPhone side.

    As well as a lot of very short articles there is a lot of good content already there.



    more...


    polymer clay projects. Polymer Clay Projects Kits
  • Polymer Clay Projects Kits



  • Nuck81
    Oct 11, 09:19 AM
    I spent many an our as a kid standing around this cabinet as a player and a watcher.

    I hope it turns out better than Turtles in Time. and I'm sure it will be $15. Maybe The Simpsons will be next!!





    polymer clay projects. All polymer clay is not alike!
  • All polymer clay is not alike!



  • chukronos
    Oct 9, 03:50 PM
    Once I have a decent method of getting my movies from my computer to my TV (i.e. iTV), and iTunes has more selection, I plan on never buying another DVD again. I'm in the minority here I'm sure, but for how long?

    Not too long. Movie downloading will be just like music downloading in the next 5 years. This is just the beginning. I understand the big company's complaints.
    -Chuck



    more...


    polymer clay projects. Faux Surfaces in Polymer Clay:
  • Faux Surfaces in Polymer Clay:



  • snberk103
    Mar 18, 12:20 PM
    When I learned film photography in the '70s, we were not allowed to use our SLR cameras. The college provided 4x5 view cameras. That put all of us on the same level for the first year. By the time I was finishing up my senior work using my Nikon the school had beginning students building pin hole cameras. This helped a lot. When I showed up for my first classes, some of the other students had Hasselbad cameras. Forgetting about gear forced us to think about the frame and what was going on in there.

    Dale

    Most years I teach at 2nd year composition course, at a small commercial photography college. I grew up with film, and while I love how digital has freed me from some of the boundaries of film (endless undo!) I still think, mostly, like a film shooter.

    The college allows the students to use whatever equipment they own. The wet darkroom was removed a couple of years ago, but in that last year we had an interesting student who used the darkroom. First day of my class, the there were mostly Nikons and Canons in the room, but David arrived with his homemade pinhole camera. He was determined to try and do as many of my assignments as possible with it as a challenge (and I accommodated his equipment when I could). And when he wasn't shooting the pinhole he was shooting a Hasselblad Xpan (the 35mm panoramic camera). Again, just so he could a challenge working in that aspect ratio.

    He was a very good photographer, and he did really well in my class. But he didn't care about the marks (I think that's another sign of "How to Work Hard, But Still Suck" - spend all your time taking classes. And trying to get good marks.) He just wanted to absorb information, could afford the course, and was going to go and do his own thing as soon as a photojournalist as soon as he could. School was just a way to get up the learning curve quickly.

    I forget why I started this post now, but soon as remember his last name I'm going to Google him and get caught up.

    I think I was going to say that I've noticed that today's photo students like to 'assemble' their images in PS. We (the faculty) keep telling them that it's still easier to spend the extra few minutes at the time of shooting to fix that thing, than to try to 'Shop it out later. Or to add that extra fill light than to go back and reshoot the assignment because they can't fix it at all later.

    Sigh.

    I sound like an old fart.





    polymer clay projects. 21 Polymer Clay Projects for
  • 21 Polymer Clay Projects for



  • MacRumors
    Jan 4, 09:50 AM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2011/01/04/garmin-streetpilot-debuts-in-app-store/)

    Several months ago, we noted (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/10/27/garmin-considering-developing-gps-applications-for-ios/) that major GPS company Garmin was considering developing iOS applications after abandoning its partnership with ASUS to produce Garmin-branded phones, and it now appears that Garmin has followed through on those plans.


    http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/01/04/104917-garmin_streetpilot.jpg


    more...


    polymer clay projects. Polymer Clay Peacock Necklace
  • Polymer Clay Peacock Necklace



  • Mac-Addict
    Oct 26, 08:22 PM
    There was one security guy with a shaved head who was excellent although I think he spent most of his time down the other end of the queue. One of the security guys at the front was really nice too but was a bit overwhelmed due to the number of people. There was an Apple guy at the front who was a bit rubbish though and let people in. The queuing was *really* bad at the front. People were pushing in and got away with it at five to six. One guy even barged in at exactly six o'clock.
    Apple apparently couldn't get permission to use barriers from the council - probably because they left it so late to announce when Leopard would be in stores. We (everyone at the front) were *extremely* disappointed with the shocking organisation of the queues. The first 20m or so of the queue was about 4 people wide. The inner two had been there since about 4 while the outer two had queue jumped in at great annoyance to everyone else at about ten to six and the staff did nothing. This is the reason why some of you didn't get t-shirts. We tried complaining and arguing but to no avail. :(
    Shame people had to spoil it but xD It was fun while it lasted :P Did Gareth fully install Leopard on his MBP?





    polymer clay projects. polymer clay cappuccino,
  • polymer clay cappuccino,



  • DeSnousa
    Apr 20, 07:59 AM
    Welcome to the team daygokid619 :)

    Your stats: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=510552



    more...


    polymer clay projects. If you enjoy polymer clay,
  • If you enjoy polymer clay,



  • JAT
    Apr 12, 03:11 PM
    Ugh, outlook syncing to Exchange 2010 is still slow. Emails hit my iPhone instantly, as well as Outlook 2010. As for the Outlook it takes up to 30 seconds. Maybe they need to improve EWS???
    Very slow on Office too. My 1G iPod Touch was faster.
    They made Mac OS office very similar to the windows counterpart in the 2011 version. Granted its not 100% the same but the gap between office 2011 on mac and office 2011 on windows is very tiny now.
    They made 2011 similar to not 2010.





    polymer clay projects. Rock On! Polymer Clay Faux
  • Rock On! Polymer Clay Faux



  • typecase
    Feb 16, 10:28 PM
    I apologize if this has been covered before but as a new switcher to the Mac I was wondering if simply dragging a folder from Applications and deleting the preferences are enough for a complete uninstall. From years of working with Windows I've come to expect that programs cannot completely be removed even with uninstallers unless a manual search and destroy is initiated or a cleaner is used. Either the program would leave .dll files in the /system directory or there would be long-lived entries in the windows registry. Do any of these situations exist on the mac or have my years as a Windows user corrupted my thinking? Is there something akin to the registry on OS X?



    more...


    polymer clay projects. Kids Polymer Clay Projects
  • Kids Polymer Clay Projects



  • ct-scan
    Oct 10, 08:34 AM
    any proof other than you are pretty sure?



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Xeon#5100-series_.22Woodcrest.22





    polymer clay projects. a polymer clay project.
  • a polymer clay project.



  • JDDavis
    Mar 4, 05:04 AM
    http://jddavis.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v0/p1055447075-5.jpg





    polymer clay projects. Never used polymer clay
  • Never used polymer clay



  • chrmjenkins
    Apr 29, 12:57 PM
    Incorrect assumption - as a result,



    ...your math is wrong.

    60 psi is 60 psi, period. If the tire pressure in the truck is 60 psi, then the pressure on the road is 60 psi. You can't double the tire pressure and triple the pressure on the road as a result - you'd have a truck that either bounced, or sank. Newton's laws (net vertical force = 0 for no acceleration in the vertical direction) have to be met.

    It doesn't matter if my math is wrong or my assumption about surface area is wrong. The simple fact remains that the tractor trailer has 14.666 times the weight of the car but only 4.5 times the number of tires of the car. Even if that means that factor of 3.25 is completely compensated by the tire in a ratio of 60/35, you're still applying roughly double the pressure over an area 3.25 times greater, 4.5 times as often.

    (regarding PSI, while I think your assumption probably roughly holds, we also have to take into account the fact that as these tires have a different composition, they are also going to dissipate weight differently. Tractor trailer tires are not only larger, but they are also thicker. That means that there is more rubber in each tire to distribute force from the truck to the road. i.e. its tendency to deform as a result of weight applied is what affects its PSI. Consider an extreme example: A fictional monster truck tire almost completely rubber with a very small chamber inside the tire. If it is sufficiently small, you could even create a vacuum inside this chamber, and the structure of the tire could still handle the stress. So, regardless of the amount of fictional weight you placed on the tire, that chamber would still have a PSI of 0 because there's no actual gas to be pressurized. Thus, if the tractor trailer tire has more structural rigidity, a higher portion of its weight is directly applied to the road via the resistance of the tire to deformation from pressure.)





    coleg
    Mar 22, 03:01 PM
    cool. but isn't your keyboard a 49 key keyboard?





    timmillwood
    Oct 10, 07:32 AM
    Good news? or bad news?

    What does this mean to us?





    JPyre
    Apr 12, 05:00 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I guess one could argue that scalpers are inflating at&t's numbers.
    I chose AT&T for my second gen ipad because I've had every iPhone and iPad on day one and AT&T has treated me good with no issues.
    That being said my vzw work droid is defiantly slower but has better coverage.





    mauly
    Feb 12, 07:51 PM
    Ummm... Control-I?


    yep, that did it... cheers.





    Natesac
    Mar 11, 12:09 PM
    Willow Bend is at around 50 people.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment