takao
Apr 4, 02:46 PM
regarding tariffs: the problem isn't the important goods for the US: it's the lack of exporting goods
also a lot of the US car industry themselves is also heavily dependant on imported supplies as it can been seen since the japanese tsunami: quite a few of US brands had to stop some production lines (additionally to the japanese brands)
also a lot of the US car industry themselves is also heavily dependant on imported supplies as it can been seen since the japanese tsunami: quite a few of US brands had to stop some production lines (additionally to the japanese brands)
shadowfax0
Sep 23, 09:06 PM
You sure it was 5H and 52M? My friend's single 867 get like 6-7 hours...but any details on how you ran it would be nice too :) But still, I'm liking that time, about ( about people, about, I swear if I hear about this someone's gonna die...) 5 workunits a day, not bad, not bad at all...
Gosh
Oct 27, 05:32 PM
Can somebody explain to me why anybody would want to pay $100/year for an email account with only 1 GB of storage?
Because you love Apple and want them to be really profitable and design more wonderful stuff and take over the world and you can say you were ahead of the curve rather than having to explain why a computer needn't crash! Or maybe you just got $100 to burn and you could do worse!;)
Because you love Apple and want them to be really profitable and design more wonderful stuff and take over the world and you can say you were ahead of the curve rather than having to explain why a computer needn't crash! Or maybe you just got $100 to burn and you could do worse!;)
Scottyk9
Oct 16, 04:37 PM
every time a rumor comes up regarding "the" iPhone I will vote negative for it. i just can't hear it anymore.
If they release one, good, but please stop the rumors.
ummm....
..... you do know the name of the website where you are reading / posting? This may give you some indication as to whether or not you will be exposed to rumor - mongering.
:D
If they release one, good, but please stop the rumors.
ummm....
..... you do know the name of the website where you are reading / posting? This may give you some indication as to whether or not you will be exposed to rumor - mongering.
:D
more...
mgargan1
Nov 21, 04:08 PM
hmm... i wonder if they're a public company. If they can get rid of those problems, and what they're talking about actually works, then i think that company's stock will get pretty high
troop231
Mar 28, 09:04 AM
Can't wait!
more...
Kahnyl
Apr 15, 04:58 PM
I've just installed Lion on a blank drive on a new Air and this is in Software Update. I'm definitely running DP2 as it says in the dialog. Is this telling me to update to something I already have or is there a DP3 I haven't heard about?
http://i.imgur.com/06l8O.png'
Dev Center shows newly posted Xcode releases but still lists DP2. Maybe it's propagating.
On a Friday. Weird, if so.
http://i.imgur.com/06l8O.png'
Dev Center shows newly posted Xcode releases but still lists DP2. Maybe it's propagating.
On a Friday. Weird, if so.

rtharper
Sep 25, 11:47 AM
Why are there so many Negative votes? An update to Aperture is a very good thing for photographers.
I would guess none of the negative voters were photographers =p
I would guess none of the negative voters were photographers =p
more...
glennp
Aug 19, 12:35 PM
Isn't Walt out of New York?
I thought so too but in the review he said they used the Places feature out in and around DC so it was working in DC for the testing:
In the past week or so, my colleague Katherine Boehret and I have used Facebook Places to check in with iPhones around our home base of Washington, D.C., at stores, bars, restaurants and even our office. I also was able to check in, or �tag,� other Facebook members with me, like my visiting son and daughter-in-law.
http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20100818/facebook-places-review/
I thought so too but in the review he said they used the Places feature out in and around DC so it was working in DC for the testing:
In the past week or so, my colleague Katherine Boehret and I have used Facebook Places to check in with iPhones around our home base of Washington, D.C., at stores, bars, restaurants and even our office. I also was able to check in, or �tag,� other Facebook members with me, like my visiting son and daughter-in-law.
http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20100818/facebook-places-review/
bella92108
Apr 1, 01:07 PM
Ala Carte Channels would cause some channels to go away, on the other hand it would allow other channels to thrive and flourish, because the channels people really wanted to watch would get the most revenue.
I don't want to overpay for the 10 channels I want so 20 other channels I don't care about can continue to exist. Let the marketplace sort it out. It certainly would not actually make channels appeal to a wider demographic, it would probably be the opposite really, as small strong niches carry the day and carry their channels and the programming.
Very intelligent post. +1
I don't want to overpay for the 10 channels I want so 20 other channels I don't care about can continue to exist. Let the marketplace sort it out. It certainly would not actually make channels appeal to a wider demographic, it would probably be the opposite really, as small strong niches carry the day and carry their channels and the programming.
Very intelligent post. +1
more...
R94N
Mar 4, 02:10 AM
It's good, but expensive.

Full of Win
Apr 19, 12:25 PM
Who cares about Expose. Give me Multi-Touch Gesturing like I have on iPad 2. 4-5 finger swipe accross apps, 4-5 finger swipe up to show the mult-tasking pane; 4-5 finger pinch-close to get to the home screen........What can beat that??????
AFAIK you can have it today on your iPhone if you buy X-Code for 4.99 and enable the developer preview.
shake-to-anything is a bad idea.
On a phone at least.
Even worse of an idea on an iPad.
AFAIK you can have it today on your iPhone if you buy X-Code for 4.99 and enable the developer preview.
shake-to-anything is a bad idea.
On a phone at least.
Even worse of an idea on an iPad.
more...
RaZaK
Mar 27, 02:35 PM
Nice dude, you really had to go there right? A good'ol racist comment.
how was the statement racist?
how was the statement racist?
BigDukeSix
Mar 24, 06:36 PM
It's a great deal; can I hire someone to convince my wife I need an iPad? Nothing I can say will convince her otherwise ;)
I am right there with ya. Great deal, I want one, but can't quite get the approval to spend $ I don't really have. I just got the credit card paid off.....
I am right there with ya. Great deal, I want one, but can't quite get the approval to spend $ I don't really have. I just got the credit card paid off.....
more...
tollickd
Apr 2, 01:27 AM
Here in Cyprus for my car Unleaded 98 is 1.31 a litre, yesterday i filled up and it cost me 40 Euros about 56.95$
Iconoclysm
Apr 21, 05:11 PM
With "cloud" computing on the horizon, speed of access to stored content is of paramount importance for phones.
If you can't read those tea leaves, I don't know what to tell you.
That horizon is years away - especially with contracts limiting data transfer to 2GB...and the same contracts applying to LTE, but costing more. The world is ready for cloud computing but the cellular providers will be the hurdle, not the specs on the iPhone 5.
If you can't read those tea leaves, I don't know what to tell you.
That horizon is years away - especially with contracts limiting data transfer to 2GB...and the same contracts applying to LTE, but costing more. The world is ready for cloud computing but the cellular providers will be the hurdle, not the specs on the iPhone 5.
more...
henrikrox
May 6, 01:35 PM
So im wondering while i wait for my new imac what your idle/load temps are
Would be super if you wrote which imac you have aswell.
Wondering how much the 95w cpu does to the temp in the imac.
Would love to hear idle/load gpu temps aswell :)
Would be super if you wrote which imac you have aswell.
Wondering how much the 95w cpu does to the temp in the imac.
Would love to hear idle/load gpu temps aswell :)
notabadname
Apr 5, 09:41 AM
And as to the displays, I quote the May 2011 issue and its preliminary findings: (this is also in response to all the "yeah, but a Xoom has a wide-screen format")
among the best tablet displays we've tested. It has excellent color and is viewable from almost any angle without degrading the image. The Motorola Xoom's display can be viewed from almost any direction too, but it loses more contrast at off-angles than the iPad
It's good to be square. Apple's approach has its advantages, too. In land-scape mode, for example, the display's greater height lets the e-mail app display more messages in the inbox, assuming you use the same size text as on other tablets. When you're typing in landscape mode, an iPad can accommodate a taller onscreen keyboard or more content on the screen above the keyboard. In portrait mode, its display is less cramped when you're Web browsing or reading a magazine or an e-book. And when you're playing games that take advantage of a display's height and width, that screen also allows for a greater range of motion.
among the best tablet displays we've tested. It has excellent color and is viewable from almost any angle without degrading the image. The Motorola Xoom's display can be viewed from almost any direction too, but it loses more contrast at off-angles than the iPad
It's good to be square. Apple's approach has its advantages, too. In land-scape mode, for example, the display's greater height lets the e-mail app display more messages in the inbox, assuming you use the same size text as on other tablets. When you're typing in landscape mode, an iPad can accommodate a taller onscreen keyboard or more content on the screen above the keyboard. In portrait mode, its display is less cramped when you're Web browsing or reading a magazine or an e-book. And when you're playing games that take advantage of a display's height and width, that screen also allows for a greater range of motion.

ChrisA
Oct 26, 03:12 PM
Amen! Why not just release it Universal and check the other box when compiling?
Likely they are not using Xcode. If you have to maintain code that is Windows/Mac cross platform they may find it easier not to use Xcode.
Likely they are not using Xcode. If you have to maintain code that is Windows/Mac cross platform they may find it easier not to use Xcode.
kingdonk
Feb 28, 07:37 PM
more
netdog
Oct 26, 09:28 AM
Addict, what time does the store close?
Stevamundo
Feb 18, 10:51 AM
Hopefully that's a real, real good sign that Steve will be OK!
Cappy
Sep 22, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by MacCoaster
Maybe it was Apple and Microsoft (Windows 98) who popularized USB, but you've got to realize this. PCs have had USB a few years before Apple. It wasn't until iMac/Windows 98 (note, same year: 1998) that USB got popular.
I'm glad there's someone who remembers that. I find it amazing that so many Mac fanatics are so out of tune with the rest of the world that they never even realized that Win98 came out at the same time and is why USB is where it is. You don't see Apple making claims that they were first or created the USB market. People need to get out more so to speak.
Remember folks Intel developed USB. It was on motherboards for previous years. It was destined to happen. They just needed MS to develop a decent OS to handle it(Win95 2.1 only had partial USB support) and products to take advantage of it. Developers came onboard once they saw MS get onboard with Win98. You wouldn't have seen the iMac USB support you saw if it wasn't for Win98.
Sorry to go off on a tangent but I get tired of people making false claims with misinformation. Remember folks being a fanatic is ok but know your enemy. ;)
Maybe it was Apple and Microsoft (Windows 98) who popularized USB, but you've got to realize this. PCs have had USB a few years before Apple. It wasn't until iMac/Windows 98 (note, same year: 1998) that USB got popular.
I'm glad there's someone who remembers that. I find it amazing that so many Mac fanatics are so out of tune with the rest of the world that they never even realized that Win98 came out at the same time and is why USB is where it is. You don't see Apple making claims that they were first or created the USB market. People need to get out more so to speak.
Remember folks Intel developed USB. It was on motherboards for previous years. It was destined to happen. They just needed MS to develop a decent OS to handle it(Win95 2.1 only had partial USB support) and products to take advantage of it. Developers came onboard once they saw MS get onboard with Win98. You wouldn't have seen the iMac USB support you saw if it wasn't for Win98.
Sorry to go off on a tangent but I get tired of people making false claims with misinformation. Remember folks being a fanatic is ok but know your enemy. ;)
thisisahughes
Apr 14, 01:24 PM
A good hire, Apple deserves him;)
i-Phone? i-Pad? your opinion is worthy.
i-Phone? i-Pad? your opinion is worthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment